Paul Warne Pre-Season Interview

Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Was going to say something similar. 

Basically, if you’re of a positive or neutral disposition, you will have liked the interview. If you’re anti-Warne already then it’s going to have done very little. And let’s face it, we could win the title this year and the anti-warners would pick fault with the style of play or some other nonsense. 

We win the league, I’ll give Warne my full credit and backing for the following season. But he has to deliver that.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

In that Warne interview wasn't he talking about firstly 'catching' the three teams that finished above us last season? Well if so that means he's aiming for 1st or 2nd.

Of course he is, and he should. I’m just saying if the only way you’re going to support the manager is after he’s finished 1st then you maybe being a little unreasonable. 

23-24 players in the squad would be my personal choice. It's no good having players in the team too far from game time. That include 2 keepers. All the 23 must be potential starters tough. Nice to hear we are getting close  to a proper pre season finally!

Edited by InstaRam

So a quick summary - 

1. Had to check before interview about announcements but told not to say anything, before then saying some are very close, sounds like 1 or 2 may actually be done

2. Says he thinks 5 in before preseason after appearing to count them in his head, seems like he knows who

3. Facetiming 2 attacking players & meeting with another player today

4. Says a squad of 20-22 players (my thoughts are thats first teamers plus the likes of Rooney, Oduroh, Thompson)

5. Mentions signing another GK, wingbacks/fullbacks, centre backs & attacking players

6. Expects outgoings & says we are in a good place to replace

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I understand why we get linked to loads of players and I understand why it's frustrating for fans when we don't sign players but if we signed seven or eight players today - what are you going to do for the next few weeks and talk about? You might as well enjoy the next few weeks and all that pre-season brings with it!

Copy and paste this....

every.

single.

summer. 

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

It's a long time ago, But didn't Brian Clough with Division 1 with 14/15 players, Pitches were awful including the BBG 😁, Most of those players were playing 50+ games a season...what's changed 😉

Also, there was only 1 sub in those days, usually for an injury. So those 50+ appearances consisted of 90 minutes each.

53 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Is this a parody account?

Millennium, so possibly born 2000 and therefore barely been around in terms of Derby’s ups and downs. This current situation is actually a good one 

Edited by Ewe Ram
Spelling

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

22 isn’t really enough either. I generally say 25 is the ideal squad amount. Any major injuries and you’re ducked with only 22 players. With only 20 you’re ducked anyway, that’s ridiculously thin.

We can’t rely on the academy as things stand, it’s a mess. There’s no quality coming through any time soon. The new academy manager will be sorting that out, but it takes time. I’d be surprised if anyone comes through for the next 3 years. 

What utter bull...