Ruben Rodrigues - Joined Oxford United

Srg

I posted in another thread, in terms of creativity there is few better that we could chance upon this season that Rodrigues. 

In terms of 'smart passes' per 90 - he averaged 2.83 per 90 minutes 45% accuracy. Kevin De Bruyne is the only player with a better rate per 90 than that in English football, yet he couldn't get anywhere close to that accuracy - 37.8% for him. It actually means that Rodrigues completed 1.27 per 90, with KDB at 1.17 per 90. 

Smart passes are defined as: 'A creative and penetrative pass that attempts to break the opposition's defensive lines to gain a significant advantage in attack'. 

None of our midfielders even came close to competitive in this regard, all of them were below average and quite frankly poor. No surprise for those that watched us this season. Mind numbing lack of vision and creativity at times. 

How he would deal with the step up is anyone's guess but I feel like he would quite comfortably walk into our squad and be our most creative player and would at least try and force the issues - which is something we severely lacked last season. 

15 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

My Notts County ST holder mate says: "Brilliant on his day, but inconsistent. His 'days' were further apart than ideally we wanted". 

Sounds like a Tom Lawrence replacement. 

I got something similar, although he commented today that Rodrigues could well improve playing in a better team. There's no way i'm not going to get excited signing the 'nutmeg king of Europe' though 😂

16 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

My Notts County ST holder mate says: "Brilliant on his day, but inconsistent. His 'days' were further apart than ideally we wanted". 

Sounds like a Tom Lawrence replacement. 

In fairness that goes for every single non-elite wide player in the history of football. Even the most elite attacking players struggle with consistency. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

In fairness that goes for every single non-elite wide player in the history of football. Even the most elite attacking players struggle with consistency. 

Leighton James ? , brilliant on his day but the floodlights dazzled his contact lenses others

2 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

Leighton James ? , brilliant on his day but the floodlights dazzled his contact lenses others

The famous 'final piece of the jigsaw', but it seemed to all go wrong after his signing.

43 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The famous 'final piece of the jigsaw', but it seemed to all go wrong after his signing.

George Hardy used to come round to our house because he was friends with my dad. He would talk to me about DCFC so it was good inside info! I couldn't post it on here though the internet wasn't invented for another 20 years. Anyway George told me at the time we were lining up James that we were also interested in Trevor Francis and Mick Channon and might sign any of those 3. I wonder what would have happened had we gone for one of the other two.   

15 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

George Hardy used to come round to our house because he was friends with my dad. He would talk to me about DCFC so it was good inside info! I couldn't post it on here though the internet wasn't invented for another 20 years. Anyway George told me at the time we were lining up James that we were also interested in Trevor Francis and Mick Channon and might sign any of those 3. I wonder what would have happened had we gone for one of the other two.   

Problem is we ended up with Derek Hales.