Ruben Rodrigues - Joined Oxford United

Srg

3 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

From what I can see, the only reason there's talk of him going to Oxford is because one of his relatives has followed them on Instagram.

Seriously.

To be fair that is a big move 😂 not sure why his dad would follow Oxford on instagram 

5 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I like the look of him. Of course, video reels only show the good stuff, but they don't show stuff a player can't do. I think there's enough on that reel to warrant closer inspection. To be honest, I'd be quite excited if this one happened. 

Ill never judge a player on youtube since the day i got stung with that premaslav kazmicech guy or whatever his name was 

his highlights reel was sensational.. looked an absolute wordly…… the reality was … erm more andre pereplopkins

On 11/06/2023 at 00:00, NottsRam77 said:

Ill never judge a player on youtube since the day i got stung with that premaslav kazmicech guy or whatever his name was 

his highlights reel was sensational.. looked an absolute wordly…… the reality was … erm more andre pereplopkins

jozefzoon and jozwiak are the most recent ones for brilliant highlight reels and then turned out to be rubbish 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The meltdown when he signs somewhere else will be biblical 

You could be right. I’d like him to sign for us as he looks relatively low risk and has clear creative talent, but it’s another one of those where I wonder if we’re actually interested or if the club’s name has just been used for media/agent clout in order to build more interest/ad revenue/wage demand. 

4 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Signed for Oxford. Extremely disappointing and honestly makes me question Warne's pull. Players deciding to sign for Oxford and Notts over us is shocking. We need something up our sleeve as this is a shocking.

The window isn’t even open, and good chance we weren’t actually in for him, save panic until end of next week if nothings done by then, maybe then questions should be raised.

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Signed for Oxford. Extremely disappointing and honestly makes me question Warne's pull. Players deciding to sign for Oxford and Notts over us is shocking. We need something up our sleeve as this is a shocking.

That’s IF we were even interested in signing him. You simply can’t take newspaper and social media speculation as being fact at this time of year. Unless of course it fits a pre-conceived agenda about our manager and recruitment. 
Since the change of ownership there’s very little news that gets out about the club before any official announcements, the academy management changes recently all came via the clubs official site, no other news outlet. The loan signings in January weren’t reported until they pretty much happened. Jon Percy used to run lots of stories about us, very rarely does anymore, it seems to me that there aren’t any internal leaks when it comes to news and as annoying as that is during silly season for us fans I think I prefer it.