Summer Rumour Mill

sage

30 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I’d rather take his mate that 19 year old Portuguese lad who scored a hat trick for Man City against us in that Pappa Johns thingy last season Carlos Borges.

I’ll wait for G of C to find his goal scoring figures, gotta feeling they must be pretty good.👍

I know it was only a Papa John's Pizza Cup match, Borges completely ruined Jake Rooney that night. Has to be one of the best individual performances I've seen from an away player at Pride Park in the last 20 years. Definitely should not be playing under 21 football. Even when he was limping around after an awkward fall, he still managed to outrun our entire defence. Made Dean Sturridge look like a snail. I haven't seen pace like it for a long time.

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I’d rather take his mate that 19 year old Portuguese lad who scored a hat trick for Man City against us in that Pappa Johns thingy last season Carlos Borges.

I’ll wait for G of C to find his goal scoring figures, gotta feeling they must be pretty good.👍

I understood Bournemouth, Forest and Southampton had all looked at him and Bournemouth had agreed an 11 million fee subject to medical.

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I understood Bournemouth, Forest and Southampton had all looked at him and Bournemouth had agreed an 11 million fee subject to medical.

Are you trying to tell us he won't fancy a year on loan at a league 1 club.

Its the natural progression

Step 1. Start at one of the biggest clubs in Portugal with one of the best youth systems in Europe.

Step 2. Get poached by one of the worlds richest and currently most successful clubs who hoover up all the best young talent the world has to offer.

Step 3. Destroy all opposition you face in youth football at both domestic and international level and have clubs in top divisions court you for multi million pound move and first team football at Premier league level.

Step 4. Go on loan to a league 1 club.

On 15/07/2023 at 03:41, RYRAM said:

I would take him all day. Always liked him. 

Not sure of his fitness. Belive he was playing in Turkey ( could be wrong ) but if he wanted and wasn't on stupid wages the trial defo. 

I agree would love to have Aassombalonga here like you said, if he has kept himself fit I think he would be absolute beast in L1. 

It’s been a quiet few days. I wonder who this player is that we’re allegedly signing this week. 

On the striker front none of our obvious competitors have strengthened significantly. Charlton signed May and Bolton Nlundulu but apart from that it’s been quiet for them. However, a lot of them have at least 1 decent striker whereas I’d say we have 2 average strikers. We simply need to nail the signing of the third striker. Big few weeks ahead.