Alfie May - joined Charlton

JfR

8 hours ago, ram59 said:

They can make donations to cover players' salaries, which have to be actually paid to the club without interest or need to be repaid.

This is quite sensible in my opinion, if a rich owner wants his team to progress, he should be able to supply funds to enable that, providing that the club's financial stability is not affected. In theory these ffp rules allow a small club with a rich owner to compete safely with a 'big' club like Derby, at this level. Derby's 60% salary cap on income will be considerably more than Burton's, but it's only right that Burtons' owner is able to put funds into the club, in order to make up the difference, as long as it doesn't affect the financial stability of the club.

Despite MM's promises, Derby weren't debt free, as we now know to our cost. Although, he wrote off many tens of millions, the club still went into administration. Perhaps, if these had been in place in the championship, we may not have ended up in the mess that did.

I know but that is included in revenue, and therefore limited by the 60% rule, isn’t it rather than FFI which you were implying.

8 hours ago, ram59 said:

They can make donations to cover players' salaries, which have to be actually paid to the club without interest or need to be repaid.

This is quite sensible in my opinion, if a rich owner wants his team to progress, he should be able to supply funds to enable that, providing that the club's financial stability is not affected. In theory these ffp rules allow a small club with a rich owner to compete safely with a 'big' club like Derby, at this level. Derby's 60% salary cap on income will be considerably more than Burton's, but it's only right that Burtons' owner is able to put funds into the club, in order to make up the difference, as long as it doesn't affect the financial stability of the club.

Despite MM's promises, Derby weren't debt free, as we now know to our cost. Although, he wrote off many tens of millions, the club still went into administration. Perhaps, if these had been in place in the championship, we may not have ended up in the mess that did.

Indeed, he managed to convince us that the largesse was his personal largesse but in the end he was securing what was debt funded spending, on the structure and buildings of the club as an entity .. and worse still the physical money was coming from the commercial equivalent of a pay day loan company who wanted it back ! 

10 hours ago, ram59 said:

Unfortunatly Mel would have found a way to circumnavigate the rules and put our toes to the fire.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I know but that is included in revenue, and therefore limited by the 60% rule, isn’t it rather than FFI which you were implying.

I don't believe that it is.

Revenue only includes regular money coming in through league games and commercial income and the 60% is based on this 'minimum' income. The Football Fortune Income is just that, 'fortunate income' over and above the minimum a club should expect over a season. This includes income from cup runs, tv fees, transfer profits, cup money distributions, parachute payments and also donations and cash injections from a number of sources. This money is extra, over and above the minimum and the EFL allow you to spend all of it on covering players' transfer fees and contracts.

How I understand it is, you take the whole squads contracts added together and this should be covered by the 60% of the league and commercial minimum income. If there is any shortfall, it needs to be covered by 100% of the FFI income, ultimately allowing the owners to give the club what's needed to cover the wages, but this extra money must be committed before such players are signed. They don't want owners saying that they'll cover the wages, only to pull the plug in 12 months time.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I don't believe that it is.

Revenue only includes regular money coming in through league games and commercial income and the 60% is based on this 'minimum' income. The Football Fortune Income is just that, 'fortunate income' over and above the minimum a club should expect over a season. This includes income from cup runs, tv fees, transfer profits, cup money distributions, parachute payments and also donations and cash injections from a number of sources. This money is extra, over and above the minimum and the EFL allow you to spend all of it on covering players' transfer fees and contracts.

How I understand it is, you take the whole squads contracts added together and this should be covered by the 60% of the league and commercial minimum income. If there is any shortfall, it needs to be covered by 100% of the FFI income, ultimately allowing the owners to give the club what's needed to cover the wages, but this extra money must be committed before such players are signed. They don't want owners saying that they'll cover the wages, only to pull the plug in 12 months time.

Apologies. You are correct.

It sounds like the race for Alfie May's signature has come to a conclusion - believe it or not, a League Two side in Gillingham apparently announcing the news tomorrow with their new shirt unveiling. 

Of course, it could be nonsense - but perhaps another potential signing to chalk off the board. 

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It sounds like the race for Alfie May's signature has come to a conclusion - believe it or not, a League Two side in Gillingham apparently announcing the news tomorrow with their new shirt unveiling. 

Of course, it could be nonsense - but perhaps another potential signing to chalk off the board. 

Football insider writer reckons it’s false 

IMG_1297.png

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

That really does not not make any sense if true. Why would he go there? 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Hard to know exactly who we are actually after though. 

That’s it for me, I’ve been intrigued by some of the names linked and would have been a fan of signing Roberts on a permanent deal. However, other than McGoldrick and Roberts, there’s been no real noise from the club and everything else could easily be just rumour and speculation without any real substance to it. Even Warne’s comments about Roberts were from late last season and included the caveat about what league we’d be in. 

I don’t get what it is that makes some people take those rumours as airtight fact then allow themselves to be let down and/or annoyed when it doesn’t happen.