Alfie May - joined Charlton

JfR

37 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Plus he's tiny so will only suit a certain style of play. Probably worth a gamble as an option if it is £200k but not one too get too het up about.

He’s scored loads of goals at this level….but er but, mmm…..don’t want him (if he goes to Charlton that is, yes please if he signs for us 😁)

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He’s scored loads of goals at this level….but er but, mmm…..don’t want him (if he goes to Charlton that is, yes please if he signs for us 😁)

I’ll add to my earlier perspective that James Collins also scored a load of goals at this level. 

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

I’ll add to my earlier perspective that James Collins also scored a load of goals at this level. 

Oh, cuz another player scored goals in a division previously and not for us, that applies to all other players we might sign 🤔

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

He’s on the downward trajectory.

Just because he's about to turn 30?

He may not repeat the scoring feats of the last two seasons at his next club, but to state that he's on a downward trajectory when he's just had the 2 best seasons of his career and has earned himself a move to a bigger club...?

Players develop at different rates.

Steve Howard was 30 when we signed him for £1m, didn't do too badly!

Sheff Utd bought Billy Sharpe when he was 6 months off 30.

Edited by Kokosnuss

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Oh, cuz another player scored goals in a division previously and not for us, that applies to all other players we might sign 🤔

I’m just trying to offer balance is all. Plenty of reasons he could be good or bad. 

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just seems some on here go off potential good signings as soon as it looks like they are off somewhere else 🤔

He’s scored goals recently at this level, available quite cheaply (albeit we don’t actually know what budget we do have), in a position we do desperately need to strengthen

Will be 30 before a ball is kicked, only scored in the football league for 2 seasons, is quite short. 

Ultimately, until Warne gives me a reason to doubt his judgment either way… we just have to wait and see!

4 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Just because he's about to turn 30?

He may not repeat the scoring feats of the last two seasons at his next club, but to state that he's on a downward trajectory when he's just had the 2 best seasons of his career and has earned himself a move to a bigger club...?

Players develop at different rates.

Steve Howard was 30 when we signed him for £1m, didn't do too badly!

Sheff Utd bought Billy Sharpe when he was 6 months off 30.

Well said. I think people also have unrealistic expectations on how will be able to sign and the league we are in. Alie May is the definition of a proven goal scorer in the peak of his career.

6 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Well said. I think people also have unrealistic expectations on how will be able to sign and the league we are in. Alie May is the definition of a proven goal scorer in the peak of his career.

Depends on how you define “proven goal scorer”. He’s had two very good seasons preceded by 6 average ones (in terms of goals scored).

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Depends on how you define “proven goal scorer”. He’s had two very good seasons preceded by 6 average ones (in terms of goals scored).

In League 2 and below too. 

I just think with this one, he’s as likely to be great as he isn’t.