Alfie May - joined Charlton

JfR

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

IF he signs then of course I’ll welcome him with open arms but, having seen him v Derby twice and a few clips on TV, I’m struggling to warm to the guy. He seemed to be constantly moaning and in the officials ear. Some might say that’s something we’ve been lacking but it’s not really an attribute I like.

Well maybe way we dont get decisions our way.

47 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

43 goals in 85 appearances for Cheltenham

As someone said on the The Robins forum.

lf anyone has any ambition to get out of this league they can’t afford not to sign him.

Must be a target………..would send a strong message to League 1 contenders. 👍

He’s had two very good years at Cheltenham which is to be admired but prior to that, in leagues 1 and 2, his scoring record isn’t quite so spectacular.

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

43 goals in 85 appearances for Cheltenham

As someone said on the The Robins forum.

lf anyone has any ambition to get out of this league they can’t afford not to sign him.

Must be a target………..would send a strong message to League 1 contenders. 👍

Only 15 goals in the 56 league apps for Cheltenham before those 85 though. Those games were in League 2 as well.

23 minutes ago, rammieib said:

At what point does a player become good for the league they’re playing in?

That’s anyone’s guess. All I’m saying is that two good years out of eight in the lower leagues doesn’t suddenly make Alfie May the must have player. At 29 perhaps he’s a (relatively) late developer. If he does sign for Derby (assuming we’re even interested) then I hope his run of form continues. Obviously if we don’t sign him then let’s hope the last two years have been a blip in an otherwise average career.

20 hours ago, dingleram said:

I've watched him a few times at Donny and he might well fit into a Warne system, loads of energy, doesn't stop running and could play off a target man (if we sign one), he did really well with John Marquis. Also, his Mrs is from near Donny so might want to move back up there - it's a nice area contrary to popular belief! And it's not a bad run down to Derby from there, I've got a feeling Warne will make this happen

Doncaster is not a nice area, I grew up there and still live only a few miles away. Nothing has changed for the better since I left. 

1 hour ago, Jackal said:

Doncaster is not a nice area, I grew up there and still live only a few miles away. Nothing has changed for the better since I left. 

Yeah the city centre is and always has been a dump, but the village I grew up in and surrounding area is really nice.