MK Dons (H) Monday 10th April, 3pm KO

Utterly frustrated and disappointed.  We had enough to be 3 or 4 nil up at half time.  Frustrations about them rolling about like they had been shot, and poor officials are irrelevant if you can’t take your chances.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sign a striker in January 

With what, fresh air?  Scotch mist?  There was no money to spend!  You have to be realistic, the club although surving is brassic and under restrictions

Warne has been given what he has been given, the playing form left to right and then right to left nobody taking responsibility and the lack of taking our chances happened under Rosenior too.  No surprise since it is the same set of players…

Having said that the effort cannot be criticised, on the positive I thought Cashin was immense today.

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I see sense in appointing a proper head of recruitment (which we have) and appointing a manager suitable to bring success to this club. Warne is not that. He will not, I repeat will not, get this team promoted, no matter how long we give him. He’s at a big club with a small club mentality.

You seem to be under the impression we have money to spend?  Where from?

17 minutes ago, Diego said:

I really like him. Just perhaps I expect too much. But, as mentioned by another poster, he’s the least of our worries. Think I was still reeling from the chance he had at the death!

Yes 😂😂 should of swung everything at it haha

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Really wish Knight would cut out the diving. Should be booked. 

Called it last home match. Constantly diving trying to buy fouls. If we are going to be criticising referees every week, lets also criticise players that are making their jobs harder by trying to con them.

28 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Today was more what I believe Warne wants from this team,

It always is when we play the dregs of the league at home.

Then we face someone decent or concede a goal and give the opposition something to defend and it's desperate s**** again.

Just hope that the reason we play so nicely in these home games IS the way Warne wants us to play eventually but there's a nagging doubt that we only play well in these games because we have some technically very capable players who naturally revert to that style but when they leave well revert to the style of game we saw at FGR.

As to what Warne could have done differently today see previous posts - accept that it may only end up 1-0 and do SOMETHING to help make that happen instead of chasing another goal.

Although that said I very much agree with your posts on this thread as a whole.

Edited by Kokosnuss

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I see sense in appointing a proper head of recruitment (which we have) and appointing a manager suitable to bring success to this club. Warne is not that. He will not, I repeat will not, get this team promoted, no matter how long we give him. He’s at a big club with a small club mentality.

At least give him a chance to bring his own players in before you start sacking manager after manager.

40 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

None of them were penalties in fairness. Collins was the one who handled it, batting it first onto their defender’s hand.

And Jason Knight was never going to win a penalty. His touch took him away from goal and he purposely initiated contact with their defender to then go to ground. 

Knight does that all the time to win soft free kicks as he doesn’t have the pace to match his quick awareness and initial acceleration. He makes a habit of getting in front of players, slowing down, initiating contact and falling over. Never going to win a penalty for that when players are side by side.

Yet Plymouth get a penalty for a player going sideways in the box getting a faint touch against the side of his foot!

It would be nice to see consistency in refereeing decisions. 

28 shots! how many would Sibley have scored.

Must win game and Sibley comes on with 5 minutes to go, the lad can score from any distance and angle, he has far more experience than Dobbin yet Dobbin gets more game time, is it in the loan contract that has to have game time every match? for he Dobbin as not pulled up any trees with his loan spell.

Sadly Sibs hope your agent finds you a new club, for you have been treated very badly by Derby County, go and prove yourself elsewhere for it will be our loss.

Mk dons were absolutely shocking first half, not sure how much of that contributed to the chances of us playing well. Probably a bit of both.

Felt very predictable in the end, never got a sense we’d score.

Not sure you need a back three against a team like mk dons. Would’ve let us play the wingers twenty yards higher.

28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

''Small club mentality'' give over. Define what that actually means. You haven't ever actually provided an evidence backed statement against Warne, you just make vague none statements like the above that don't actually mean anything. He got Rotherham promoted plenty of times, and there is no reason at all why he couldn't do the same here. 

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

It always is when we play the dregs of the league at home.

Then we face someone decent or concede a goal and give the opposition something to defend and it's desperate s**** again.

Just hope that the reason we play so nicely in these home games IS the way Warne wants us to play eventually but there's a nagging doubt that we only play well in these games because we have some technically very capable players who naturally revert to that style but when they leave well revert to the style of game we saw at FGR.

As to what Warne could have done differently today see previous posts - accept that it may only end up 1-0 and do SOMETHING to help make that happen instead of chasing another goal.

Although that said I very much agree with your posts on this thread.

Agreed, I was very much Warne in when we were on that unbeaten run, now I’ve shifted more to a balanced middle ground. There’s a lot to like about Warne, and the context of our situation to remember which helps with that balance, but his one size fits all approach is concerning and I’d like to see him learn from his mistakes, make the subs sooner and manage the game better. However I’m very much not ready to call for his head yet, again keeping the bigger picture in mind of what’s happened to the club and is still affecting us. 

I called for subs not long after half time cause you know how it’ll go. Sibley needed to come on sooner and arguably play higher up as Roy Mac suggested, a switch to 4-2-3-1 or similar at that point would have made more sense to me than persisting with the back 3. But the back 3 has worked to a point this last weekend and I can see what Warne wants the team to do. I’d love to be watching us play how we did in that first half, sweeping teams aside by half time with pace, power and skill combined. 
In reality my prediction is Warne will have enough to get us out of league one eventually but the club will probably need something else for us to make the next step out of the championship in a few years.

47 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

One of those games where we could have won 4-0 with just a bit of composure. I blame Warne a bit for wanting everything to be open and free-flowing even with a lead. If we played that smartly then we don't concede.

Positives were Hourihane had his best game for us and Barkz was closer to the player we expected him to be. Collins starting to look a bit more like a forward than an angry bollard too.

Yes I thought Hourihane played well. So Warne took him off.

43 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What should he have done differently today 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

NML and Smith with tired defensive efforts there, Warne has to start making subs earlier, it’s killing us 😫

Still plenty of time but need fresh legs now 

You're correct. But then he takes off Hourihane, who was running the show, and Collins who always has 90 minutes' pressing in him. Odd.