MK Dons (H) Monday 10th April, 3pm KO

Duck duck duck duck duck !!!!!!!!, cheating refs , cheating time wasting opposition and we don’t bury teams when we should ,, it’s the bloody same week after week , if it was the odd bad ref then fine but it’s not , I don’t see how we ever get back up with stupid over the top EFL restrictions and biased refereeing , when was the last time you watched a game and thought the ref had a poor game and gave us far too much? , one of ours hangs a leg it’s a pen , the other way round it not enough contact and we were looking for the pen 

gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr🤬

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Fine to praise NML as our best ‘outlet’ but when his crosses do beat the first man we rarely get a head on them. Knight and Barks working that side might be more effective 

It was clear early on this season that we weren’t blessed with the greatest crossers. Some have improved from near-abject to reasonable (NML and Roberts) and Barkhuizen has shown he can cross a ball from the right (from the left he does what can only be described as a brisk poke).

Maybe one issue with NML is he is so quick that when he goes full pelt there are few who can stay with him, so working the side (as you put it) is less his thing (slowing the play down encourages him to try less successful things like his obvious nutmeg attempt) - he needs quicker setups, like the early through ball (from Knight?) today.

I’d say NML is good for 2-3 acceptable crosses a game, but whether we make the most of any is a dubious question.

One of those games where we could have won 4-0 with just a bit of composure. I blame Warne a bit for wanting everything to be open and free-flowing even with a lead. If we played that smartly then we don't concede.

Positives were Hourihane had his best game for us and Barkz was closer to the player we expected him to be. Collins starting to look a bit more like a forward than an angry bollard too.

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I was clearly watching a different game.
Once again I know you hate Warne but what would you have him do differently today? He set the team up in a bold, attacking formation that was working, we created a load of goal scoring opportunities and dominated possession for the majority of the game, limiting them to very little, the ball was in play a lot, the ball was passed along the floor which has been a recent criticism from people. 

Sign a striker in January 

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

I thought Hourihane was having possibly his best game for us, so far, so was surprised to see him taken off. 

Agreed - and I think he must have been shattered as a result! He did well today.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sign a striker in January 

Ah right, and because that didn’t happen for reasons none of us know we should sack the bloke and hit the reset button again less than a year after the last giant reset started? Today was more what I believe Warne wants from this team, if the players had taken their chances and hammered them 5-1 everyone would feel differently in this moment.
I know it’s rubbish seeing us waste chance after chance but for me there has to be some calm and sensible process here. Warne isn’t for everyone, fine I get that, but surely you see the sense in a steady and structured approach after so many years of rash decision making linked to Mel’s boom and bust calamity?  

Oh and the question was what would you have Warne do differently today?

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Ah right, and because that didn’t happen for reasons none of us know we should sack the bloke and hit the reset button again less than a year after the last giant reset started? Today was more what I believe Warne wants from this team, if the players had taken their chances and hammered them 5-1 everyone would feel differently in this moment.
I know it’s rubbish seeing us waste chance after chance but for me there has to be some calm and sensible process here. Warne isn’t for everyone, fine I get that, but surely you see the sense in a steady and structured approach after so many years of rash decision making linked to Mel’s boom and bust calamity?  

I see sense in appointing a proper head of recruitment (which we have) and appointing a manager suitable to bring success to this club. Warne is not that. He will not, I repeat will not, get this team promoted, no matter how long we give him. He’s at a big club with a small club mentality.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I see sense in appointing a proper head of recruitment (which we have) and appointing a manager suitable to bring success to this club. Warne is not that. He will not, I repeat will not, get this team promoted, no matter how long we give him. He’s at a big club with a small club mentality.

I’m beginning to think the same

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We could, and perhaps should have won by that amount today. 

No criticism for Warne from me today.

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

Really? I thought he played quite well and always thought he was a decent young player, that apparently is out of contract and tbh wouldn’t mind him signing here. Can play as CB WB or LB

I really like him. Just perhaps I expect too much. But, as mentioned by another poster, he’s the least of our worries. Think I was still reeling from the chance he had at the death!

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The repeat bit….I was swaying but that has convinced me that you are right 🤣

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

What evidence is there to make you so adamant? I don’t get it. What has he done to show a “small club mentality”? 
You repeatedly make all these statements opposing Warne without much to back it up. The facts I am aware of is that Warne has proven success in getting a side promoted from this division. He hasn’t yet been able to shape this squad effectively to his liking as we are under restrictions and didn’t do the right business in January, a month notorious for recruitment difficulties without the added challenge of transfer restrictions. 
I’m not blindly defending Warne here either, I think he needs to react better in games. His tactical nous seems lacking and in game management such as substitutions are often too late. However on the evidence of today the intended pattern of play would have blown them off the park before any of that became a concern IF the players had taken the chances, similar to games earlier in the season like Bristol Rovers. If he’s able to recruit some players to better fit this system in the summer there’s as much chance of his leading us to success than there isn’t. Unless you can provide me some concrete evidence otherwise I simply can’t see your point of view as much as I respect your right to it.