MK Dons (H) Monday 10th April, 3pm KO

1 minute ago, Magicman said:

Total s**** again - no finishers and no guile we blew a must win today.

It wasn’t though was it? It’s infuriating not to have won, because we dominated the game but it wasn’t total s***. You’re right about the lack of finishing and also the lack of guile, the players are too honest at times.

According to the bbc stats we had 63% possession, 10 corners, 27(!) shots but only 6 on target. The game I watched saw us play a direct, attacking style of football with the ball on the floor and a high intensity press. Today was the right way for us to play with one key element missing, if we can keep replicating that in the remaining matches and find our shooting boots and a bit of guile there’s still a chance of the play offs, I do share the sentiment of others that even if we do make the play offs it may be too soon for this squad. 
My only criticism of Warne today is leaving the subs late again, he has to change that! 

Could of volleyed my TV off the wall watching that. How the f@@k is Roberts not swinging a boot at that last chance effort? It was made for him to hit that first time, on his stronger foot, and he does that. 

I'm pissed off beyond measure. Unless a miracle happens, that's our season over. Especially as I see the same happening to other teams in the remaining games, we aren't clinical and love to let teams back into games, we've done it all season. Teams must LOVE it when we go 1 nil up because it means they're guaranteed a draw or even a win off the back of it.

I know it's not our fault because financially it's against us. I don't blame Warne, I just blame it on being a derby fan. Cursed for misery forever. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's really quite worrying the drop off in form for NML. For the first half of the season he was unplayable at times and now his end product is infuriatingly poor. Wasted a great opportunity to overtake Bolton, we won't get many more of those. Really poor. 

If you’d said this in any of the last 10 matches I’d have agreed but I thought he did ok today, with the exception of a couple of bizarre moments like the pass to Knight when he was offside by half a postcode 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Same story. Battered them first half but didn’t take our chances. Blow it in the second half.

Get the fitness coach in a bobble hat gone. Season is over now - just looking at holidays for playoff final weekend

I was clearly watching a different game.
Once again I know you hate Warne but what would you have him do differently today? He set the team up in a bold, attacking formation that was working, we created a load of goal scoring opportunities and dominated possession for the majority of the game, limiting them to very little, the ball was in play a lot, the ball was passed along the floor which has been a recent criticism from people. 

2 minutes ago, jameso said:

If you’d said this in any of the last 10 matches I’d have agreed but I thought he did ok today, with the exception of a couple of bizarre moments like the pass to Knight when he was offside by half a postcode 

Fine to praise NML as our best ‘outlet’ but when his crosses do beat the first man we rarely get a head on them. Knight and Barks working that side might be more effective 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Fine to praise NML as our best ‘outlet’ but when his crosses do beat the first man we rarely get a head on them. Knight and Barks working that side might be more effective 

I don’t get why he rarely tries to drill a cross along the ground, he does so much good work to beat the defenders I’d love to see him vary the crossing. 

12 minutes ago, jameso said:

He wouldn’t even be close to the most infuriating player in a Rams shirt right now, for me

Very true on reflection. 

Another masterclass in how not to hold onto a lead. Decisions go against you to go 2-0 up? Maybe regroup, keep your heads, make sure you don't slip up defensively and build up a head of steam again.

...or get angry,  keep it open, lose your heads, defensive discipline, let in a s*** goal and then spend the match banging your head against a brick wall whilst the opposition defend for their lives / time waste.

Afterwards bring in 2 players who are essentially the same (Bird/White ) and sub a goal threat on at LWB where he can't really have an impact 10 minutes too late.

25 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

Think we could have another 90 mins and wouldnt get a 2nd goal

Take McGoldrick out and and we haven't had another scorer from open play since Sibley's 2 against Oxford March 11th.

There's other players out there that should be on the score sheet...but there aint...this is my concern...even if we get to the play offs 🤷‍♀️ 

7 minutes ago, SSD said:

Yet again screwed by a referee. How on earth did we not get one penalty in the 2nd half. 

None of them were penalties in fairness. Collins was the one who handled it, batting it first onto their defender’s hand.

And Jason Knight was never going to win a penalty. His touch took him away from goal and he purposely initiated contact with their defender to then go to ground. 

Knight does that all the time to win soft free kicks as he doesn’t have the pace to match his quick awareness and initial acceleration. He makes a habit of getting in front of players, slowing down, initiating contact and falling over. Never going to win a penalty for that when players are side by side.