MK Dons (H) Monday 10th April, 3pm KO

Quick turnaround. MK Dons. We win here and then we get down to the nitty gritty of the final stretch.  

Bring ya dinner, MK.

Happy Easter to all fellow Rams ❤️🐏 

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Following the success at FGR, Warne has the players in for some light training ahead of the MK Franchise game.

PSX_20230407_211115.thumb.jpg.342b55f98e0b5363eca063f2ad32c67c.jpg

Dont you'll have that annoying American from the other week join you talking about rosters and stuff

2 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

A win would be good. A good win would be better. Posh and Bolton both at home too, so be good to push the GD up.

Anything less than a win will be bad. A good win (as in goal difference rather than performance) feels almost essential given Peterborough’s run in. Posh and Bolton should both win their games and I feel we need to move above Posh on GD.

Wildsmith 

Chester          Cashin        Roberts 

NML                       Bird                       Sibley

Knight             Hourihane   

Collins           Mcgoldrick 

Subs- McGee, Rooney, Forsyth, Smith, White, Barkhuizen, Dobbin

- Far from a good performance against Forest Green, and it’s tempting to make more changes, but the team did get the job done and realistically you wanna give them more time to gel in the system to help put performances together. Temptation there to perhaps put Forsyth in at the back with Roberts further forward and Sibley central, gotta pull the trigger on that Bird, Knight and Sibley midfield at some point right? But I think consistency with slight rotation will be key for us now. Bird back in to help us on the ball, though I think Smith will probably start because he seems like a Warne favourite.

- Collins is a completely different player when we play 3 at the back, scores goals, gets about and is effective, look at his performances against the likes of Cambridge in Warne’s first game, Port Vale at home until he decided he wanted to have  a punch up, MK Dons away, Forest Green, even at times against Ipswich he looked a better player than we’ve been seeing. Compare this to when we play a 4 and it’s like night and day. If he can go on a run now and find some of his earlier season form he can be a real catalyst in terms of firing us into the playoffs, similar to Cameron Jerome’s end of season form under Rowett despite being absolutely awful up to that point, goals breed confidence for 9’s like that.

- All in all I’m trying really hard to be optimistic because I hate being dragged into agendas of manager in or manager out, especially if it’s a manager I genuinely like as a person, Warne gives me so much optimism when he speaks but it’s nowhere near reflected on the pitch, the Forest Green game was a pretty rank performance, I’m just hoping it can give us a bit of belief back and help spring us back into form, and not a false dawn like Oxford. We absolutely have to get the ball on the floor and play to our strengths, a win is a must.

Unless there’s an injury or fitness issue, Warne will probably give the same team a run out. Personally I’d go for:

Wildsmith

Chester   Cashin    Roberts

NML                                              Sibley

Knight  Smith Hourihane 

Barks       McG

I’d love to see us try something a bit different that boosts our attacking options like:

Wildsmith

Smith                                             Sibley

Knight     Hourihane 

NML                   Barks

McG

Play NML and Barks in the channels with instructions to get beyond McG and into striking positions when McG drops/ has the ball.

Doubt Warne would go for something like that though.

21 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

MKD managed a point against 10 men but are still in deep trouble . Will they be Easter Lambs to the slaughter? We are chasing 6th spot now and Warne is trying new things . He could hit on a system that works.

Stopping being negative

More like charging towards top 6

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think he's talking about MK Dons, B4.

True. I hope after 3 losses Paul Warne is ready to try some new ideas out and could just find a system that will help us to beat a couple of the top 6 teams . Sometimes managers can stumble on something really effective .

20 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Unless there’s an injury or fitness issue, Warne will probably give the same team a run out. Personally I’d go for:

Wildsmith

NML                                              Sibley

Knight  Smith Hourihane 

Barks       McG

I’d love to see us try something a bit different that boosts our attacking options like:

Wildsmith

Smith                                             Sibley

Knight     Hourihane 

NML                   Barks

McG

Play NML and Barks in the channels with instructions to get beyond McG and into striking positions when McG drops/ has the ball.

Doubt Warne would go for something like that though.

Not sure Chester will play, two games so soon after a a long layoff might be too much. I think we will keep McG and Collins up front. MK Dons are playing well at the moment, this will not be a walkover but I expect to continue from FGR's and win