Derby vs Ipswich (H) Match Thread

Comrade 86

21 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Yes Warne liked 3 at the back when he was Rotherham. Not done it at Derby, due to not having enough central defenders available so far this season. With Cashin, Davies, Chester, Forsyth, Stearman and Rooney available, now's the time to play with 3 at the back, bulk the midfield up and release 2 up front.

Talking Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

White should have had more game time since he joined. He’s one of the best footballers we have and with more minutes he would have come along even more 

To be fair he was given game time with Bird being out. Was excellent in the Charlton game at home. But he struggled at Barnsley, was excellent first half v Plymouth but really poor in the second, so he’s been up and down. Against Peterborough I thought he was a real positive and therefore should look to build on that in the coming games.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

To be fair he was given game time with Bird being out. Was excellent in the Charlton game at home. But he struggled at Barnsley, was excellent first half v Plymouth but really poor in the second, so he’s been up and down. Against Peterborough I thought he was a real positive and therefore should look to build on that in the coming games.

I dont really rate white sorry

On 28/03/2023 at 22:21, plymouthram said:

Yes Warne liked 3 at the back when he was Rotherham. Not done it at Derby, due to not having enough central defenders available so far this season. With Cashin, Davies, Chester, Forsyth, Stearman and Rooney available, now's the time to play with 3 at the back, bulk the midfield up and release 2 up front.

He may have favoured it at Rotherham, but we don’t have the personnel to play it this season. We don’t have any wingbacks. Mendez Laing, Barkhuizen etc are knackered as it is playing out wide in a 3 let alone being asked to get up and down the whole side. When we were on it, they were out big threats, don’t nullify them as a wingback. Dobbin, no chance. Roberts maybe but no one can play right side unless Knight swapped again.

Centre backs can’t bring it out well enough. Sibley wouldn’t fit in and who would the top 2 be?? We barely have 1 forward let alone 2. He may try it out of desperation, like Rowett did. It shored us up then. I’d rather we didn’t though with the current players. 

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He wasn’t given enough game time IMO. He had some scratchy games it’s true but he was played in a formation that leaves the midfield underweight. He’s got decent fitness and stamina and significant talent, why haven’t we given him the chance to develop as the season progresses ? Still hoping he’ll be used more and will shine 

I got to be kind of confident of taking something from the trip there.        Say again our desire seems strong at the moment, we score goals almost at leisure, don't concede too many also and there's attacking potential and alternatives probably more than any other opposition team in the league.

This game is fickle, all things are subject to change.    It's a crap shoot you never can tell what will occur on any given day.    You look at other promotion contenders today and just recent, they're dropping points left and right to teams you wouldn't expect.      I would worry about McGoldrick, an ex-player of ours who never really lived up to expectation - spent a whole lot of time on the injury roster - and former players have a tendency of scoring against us but we'll see when the time arises.    

McKenna will play 1 in attack - there is no other way - maybe 4-2-3-1  being a favorite, it's utilized 90 per cent of the time, but it's effective even if not all fans are for it.     If Derby County are to get a result from the event simple math being you need to restrict us scoring opportunity and close down the main players of the team particularly in midfield i.e. Burns, Morsy, even Chaplin, who by rights is a center forward, not a midfield player.      Hirst to start attack, he's done well in recent starts.   I wish he and Ladapo would feature together from the off but McKenna is a stubborn SOB who found a certain approach and won't change alter or amend it.   

I hope it's a good contest, the fans at Pride Park get value for money, players from both club names put on a show, and we see a competitive game with minimal referee intervention.  

9 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

If McGee was better than Wildsmith Forest Green wouldnt have loaned him to us.   Wildsmiths form has "dipped" at the point where the defence in front of him has started to creek.  He's still regularly making good saves he's just now being asked to do a lot more.  Think it would be mad to change him now.

"where the defence in front of him has started to creek." You are up the creek without a paddle and starting to CREAK.

16 hours ago, Foreveram said:

It’s now getting to the stage where they put on sale every available ticket.

1,890 tickets available now, which was more than it was this morning.

With being at home at the same time as the European champions just down the road and having a similar sold out away end, it will be somewhat amusing if we could top their attendance, in our so called pub league 😂

With a big crowd comes big pressure and great expectation. The bookies odds say we will drop out the top six on Saturday. (they often get it wrong).Can we please not Booo  our lads , it does not help their confidence.

20 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

With a big crowd comes big pressure and great expectation. The bookies odds say we will drop out the top six on Saturday. (they often get it wrong).Can we please not Booo  our lads , it does not help their confidence.

Absolutely. There really is no point in booing however poor the performance might be.

Regarding bookies, sadly whilst they do often get it wrong, more often than not they get it right. You don't very often meet a poor bookmaker. We have a much tougher game than Peterborough so it's easy to see why they've arrived at their odds. Anything less than a win against an in form Ipswich probably will result in us dropping to 7th. The reverse happens next Friday and, in theory, we have much the easiest game compared to Wycombe, Bolton and Peterborough. 

The important thing, as you say, is even if it doesn't go well we need to keep supporting and look to pick up 6 points over Easter.