Derby vs Ipswich (H) Match Thread

Comrade 86

Wildsmith

Smith Foz Cash Roberts

NML Knight Bird Conor Dobbs

Didzy

subs

Mcgee, Rooney, Sibbo, Barks, White, Collo, Springett

I’d still like to see Smith in midfield but PW will never not start Knighty, Bird and Conor if they’re all available.

Every team has a bad run of some sort during the season. 

Look at Sheff Wed, their bad run could be coming at the worse possible time, especially as 3 other teams around them are flying. 

We had an unbelievable run, probably one that none of us expected. There’s no reason we can’t do that again and then go into the play offs on a high. 

Beat Ipswich and that could give us the lift we need. 

A full and buzzing Pride Park might get the boys over the line. 

Wildsmith

Smith     Forsyth     Cashin     Roberts

Bird     White

Knight     Sibley     Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Subs: McGee  Rooney  Davies  Hourihane  Dobbin  Mendez-Laing  Collins

Which allows us quite a fluid formation with Barks up top with McGoldrick some of the time and a midfield four, or Sibley and Barks further forward and Knight dropping deeper and tucking in to cover. Much, much, much more energy in this midfield, allowing us to play for 95 minutes. If people are desperate for Hourihane's old head and bad set pieces, he can swap for White.

Wildsmith in Goal, Back 3 of Forsyth, Davies and Cashin. Wingbacks of Knight and Roberts, central midfield Bird & Smith. Mendez-Laing on the right flank and Sibley on the left. McGoldrick up front.

Subs: McGee, Rooney, Chester, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, Springett and Dobbin.

37 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Wildsmith in Goal, Back 3 of Forsyth, Davies and Cashin. Wingbacks of Knight and Roberts, central midfield Bird & Smith. Mendez-Laing on the right flank and Sibley on the left. McGoldrick up front.

Subs: McGee, Rooney, Chester, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, Springett and Dobbin.

Davies is a big risk for me….

13 hours ago, DiggerB said:

Wildsmith

Smith Foz Cash Roberts

NML Knight Bird Conor Dobbs

Didzy

subs

Mcgee, Rooney, Sibbo, Barks, White, Collo, Springett

I’d still like to see Smith in midfield but PW will never not start Knighty, Bird and Conor if they’re all available.

Decent thought... but... who would you play at RB? Not Knight IMO. Rooney? Who would you drop from the "front 6" as shown in your selection to make room?

I worry about this game being a rancid one unless we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. I think the fans will be on the players early doors, as well as the manager, especially if Ipswich get off to a good start. 3

Not to mention, if we lose it's our third defeat in a row, back-to-back home defeats, 4th defeat in 5 games... critically, probably out of the top 6. 

The boos will be heard for miles at full-time. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I worry about this game being a rancid one unless we can pull a rabbit out of the hat. I think the fans will be on the players early doors, as well as the manager, especially if Ipswich get off to a good start. 3

Not to mention, if we lose it's our third defeat in a row, back-to-back home defeats, 4th defeat in 5 games... critically, probably out of the top 6. 

Well getting onto the players early if not playing well is not going to do anything for their confidence, especially the young ones is it. If you want to boo(personally i dont do booing) at least save it till the final whistle.

44 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Not personally referring  to you by the way.😁

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Wildsmith

Smith     Forsyth     Cashin     Roberts

Bird     White

Knight     Sibley     Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Subs: McGee  Rooney  Davies  Hourihane  Dobbin  Mendez-Laing  Collins

Which allows us quite a fluid formation with Barks up top with McGoldrick some of the time and a midfield four, or Sibley and Barks further forward and Knight dropping deeper and tucking in to cover. Much, much, much more energy in this midfield, allowing us to play for 95 minutes. If people are desperate for Hourihane's old head and bad set pieces, he can swap for White.

Do you think PW would drop Hourihane though? (Would not should).

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Decent thought... but... who would you play at RB? Not Knight IMO. Rooney? Who would you drop from the "front 6" as shown in your selection to make room?

That’s the quandary. I don’t think Rooney’s done too much wrong when played, and think he offers more dynamism going forward than Smith. I get the impression that Knighty might throw his toys out if pushed back into RB again, and I expect PW is trying to keep him sweet in the hope he can persuade him to stay next year if we’re still where we are. NML might benefit from the rest?

This will be a cagey affair similar to the game at their place. 0-0 or 1-0 either way I think. We’re at home, remember we’ve lost once in the last 5 months, for all people are trying to say it’s dire, only Barnsley and Fleetwood have we been truly bad in this recent run.

Im backing us to s******** our way to a 1-0 in this one.

Much as there are times that the players need to hear the boos ringing in their ears, I will not be giving any booing to the players on Saturday, regardless of the result. Unless they play like they are already at the close-season beach party. Besides, the stewards limit the size of the box if boos I can take to my seat, and I will be using all of those on the match officials.

The squad is too small to allow for rotation to keep the players fresh, and the elderly in the squad are struggling to recharge their batteries before the next match. And the other problem the size of the squad creates is that we have limited options to change tactics from the bench.

We are in this position because instead of seeing relegation as punishment enough for Mel’s malfeasance, along with the pain of the EFL ensuring we were relegated by hook or by crook, they have forced us to operate under probably the most punitive business plan ever seen in league football. They might as well have sawn the player’s legs of st the knee for good measure.

So instead of booing, we concentrate our vocal resources on the most popular song if the season, declaring what we want be done to the EFL.

”BOOK THE EFL, BOOK THE EFL, BOOK THE EFL …….” as required.

7 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Much as there are times that the players need to hear the boos ringing in their ears, I will not be giving any booing to the players on Saturday, regardless of the result. Unless they play like they are already at the close-season beach party. Besides, the stewards limit the size of the box if boos I can take to my seat, and I will be using all of those on the match officials.

The squad is too small to allow for rotation to keep the players fresh, and the elderly in the squad are struggling to recharge their batteries before the next match. And the other problem the size of the squad creates is that we have limited options to change tactics from the bench.

We are in this position because instead of seeing relegation as punishment enough for Mel’s malfeasance, along with the pain of the EFL ensuring we were relegated by hook or by crook, they have forced us to operate under probably the most punitive business plan ever seen in league football. They might as well have sawn the player’s legs of st the knee for good measure.

So instead of booing, we concentrate our vocal resources on the most popular song if the season, declaring what we want be done to the EFL.

”BOOK THE EFL, BOOK THE EFL, BOOK THE EFL …….” as required.

Think we need to move on from blaming the EFL….and the refs….and Warne….just get behind the team 😁