Derby vs Ipswich (H) Match Thread

Comrade 86

10 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Just had a quick count up of how many tickets are left, to save anyone else doing it. I make it about 1,100. I think, for some reason probably related to Birmingham City, our capacity is well done from what it used to be under police advice. With a full away end it should be easier to work out. 🐏

Also depends on how many season ticket holders don't show up.  Being a big game, I would expect there to be less 'no shows' for this one, so hopefully we will hit 30k.  Looking forward to it albeit with low expectations, but you never know.

1 minute ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Looking forward to it albeit with low expectations, but you never know.

Can't disagree, sadly.  Still, who knows?  We might get our groove back on against a footballing side and surprise them - and ourselves!  Hope springs eternal.  I'm still reassuring myself that at least we have a team to go and support and a manager, who despite some limitations, I've really warmed to as a human being - if not a master tactician.  If we fall short this season, so what?  With a little leeway from the EFL (😂), we can start to rebuild with players that fit the model Warne wants to play in order to get out of this tinpot division.  Tension beginning to build now.  🤞  

11 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Also depends on how many season ticket holders don't show up.  Being a big game, I would expect there to be less 'no shows' for this one, so hopefully we will hit 30k.  Looking forward to it albeit with low expectations, but you never know.

It’s more midweek matches that some season ticket holders find it hard to get to. I doubt here will be many unused season tickets today. I just wonder about the amount of segregation there is now compared to what there was. 

Can't be there today as am on my way to see my gf in Edinburgh. But today is such a massive game- it could be the day we turn around this bad run of form. But if we slip out of the top 6 I am not sure I see us getting back in there tbh. Hopefully Warne has worked on how to actually attack teams and stop making basic defensive errors. 

59 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Can't be there today as am on my way to see my gf in Edinburgh. But today is such a massive game- it could be the day we turn around this bad run of form. But if we slip out of the top 6 I am not sure I see us getting back in there tbh. Hopefully Warne has worked on how to actually attack teams and stop making basic defensive errors. 

Have you learnt nothing off B4??!!  Get her to come down here, buy her a ticket and put some more cash into coffers.  If she doesn’t want to go to the match bung her few quid to go shopping and treat her to a burger and a pint in the Standing Order later.  You travel up next Thursday evening when it’s a BH weekend, early start on Easter Monday morning and back for MK Dons.  Not enough lateral thinking 😂!!

26 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Only 866 tickets left.

West stand 7.

East stand 106.

North stand 206.

NE Corner 547.

Not all available tickets are shown on line. Club stated, 29000 tickets had been “issued” yesterday. There will be plenty available for walk ups today. If we get over 30k it will be a good turnout

10 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Not all available tickets are shown on line. Club stated, 29000 tickets had been “issued” yesterday. There will be plenty available for walk ups today. If we get over 30k it will be a good turnout

Surely the ticket office screens are the same as we see, available to both until point of sale. Why would they have different seats for walk ups.

Tickets go off sale online two hours before kickoff.

Telephone sales go off sale one hour before kickoff.

Edited by Foreveram

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Surely the ticket office screens are the same as we see, available to both until point of sale. Why would they have different seats for walk ups.

Always keep some back apparently , not sure why. There have been a few games this season where we had very few left on line and then a 28k crowd gets announced. I used to count like you do but I stopped as it got too frustrating !

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

Always keep some back apparently , not sure why. There have been a few games this season where we had very few left on line and then a 28k crowd gets announced. I used to count like you do but I stopped as it got too frustrating !

But they’ll only keep those seats back until the others are sold. Yesterday morning tickets were being added in as fast as they were being sold. 
As I pointed out yesterday, Block H in the West stand isn’t normally on general sale, but tickets were added and have subsequently sold.

Saying all this they will probably announce a crowd of 28,500..😂

I have been to every home this season and the seat next to me is always vacant except for the first game v Oxford, yet it rarely seems to be available to buy - a bit annoying when asking a friend to come along. I keep wondering whether it was bought as a season ticket by someone unable to attend.