Derby vs Ipswich (H) Match Thread

Comrade 86

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think we need to move on from blaming the EFL….and the refs….and Warne….just get behind the team 😁

Agree - let’s get behind the team no matter what.

Disagree - the many factors affecting team performance are largely caused by the circumstances under which we are having to operate, which is entirely at the hands of the EFL. There had to be a business plan put in place to ensure that we don’t get into the same position again (although just having Mel leave the building would have been enough), but the one we are under is close to impossible to function properly with. As such we simply have to back the club to the absolute hilt.

Should the EFL loosen the straightjacket this summer, and in time to allow decent transfer activity, then I will happily be more lenient towards them.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

He played 61 minutes last Friday. Has it been suggested somewhere that he’ll play another 60 minutes this Friday?

Thought he was having 2 fun outs with U21s wasn’t sure he’d had both yet?

56 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Agree - let’s get behind the team no matter what.

Disagree - the many factors affecting team performance are largely caused by the circumstances under which we are having to operate, which is entirely at the hands of the EFL. There had to be a business plan put in place to ensure that we don’t get into the same position again (although just having Mel leave the building would have been enough), but the one we are under is close to impossible to function properly with. As such we simply have to back the club to the absolute hilt.

Should the EFL loosen the straightjacket this summer, and in time to allow decent transfer activity, then I will happily be more lenient towards them.

It's quite handy to have The EFL to direct any anger at, too. 

Saves it being meted out on those who don't deserve it, but might cop for it otherwise.

6 hours ago, DiggerB said:

Do you think PW would drop Hourihane though? (Would not should).

I think it's unlikely, but not inconceivable. Hourihane was one of the two subbed before HT in the Fleetwood game and was also second off against Peterborough. Warne definitely prefers older heads to young guns in this division, but maybe the fitness stats are showing him more youth is needed? 

17 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think we need to move on from blaming the EFL….and the refs….and Warne….just get behind the team 😁

L1 refs have been, on the whole, poor. The "tackle" on white at Posh was a penalty. Not given. 3 times at 1st half corners, a defender had Fozzy in a bear hug. Not an issue until the kick is taken. Once the kick has been taken, unless the player releases immediately, it's a foul inside the box and, therefore, it's penalty. There's 3 more penalties not given. 4 in a single game.

Referees need to start enforcing the Laws of the game and stop this stupid all in wrestling at corners, free kicks and long throws... and the 6 second rule. Obstruction? Happens every game. When did you last see an indirect free kick for obstruction given? Now think about how many cases of obstruction you see at every game...

5 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

L1 refs have been, on the whole, poor. The "tackle" on white at Posh was a penalty. Not given. 3 times at 1st half corners, a defender had Fozzy in a bear hug. Not an issue until the kick is taken. Once the kick has been taken, unless the player releases immediately, it's a foul inside the box and, therefore, it's penalty. There's 3 more penalties not given. 4 in a single game.

Referees need to start enforcing the Laws of the game and stop this stupid all in wrestling at corners, free kicks and long throws... and the 6 second rule. Obstruction? Happens every game. When did you last see an indirect free kick for obstruction given? Now think about how many cases of obstruction you see at every game...

And taking the top off your water bottle on the concourse, they need to sort that out as well. f*** the EFL 😂

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

I think morally, it should have been a penalty but, refs seem to rule out a penalty if the defender gets the slightest of touches first unless they completely wipe out the attacker. It’s quite possible (although some will deny it) that we may have avoided conceding penalties over the years due to the same interpretation.

The wrestling at corners also annoys the hell out of me and should be stamped out. But, once again, I suspect our defenders are possibly/probably as guilty as our opponents. 

Wildsmith 

Rooney.   Forsyth.  Cashin.  Roberts 

Smith Hourihane 

Mendiz.           Knight.     Barkhauzen    
                    McGoldrick 

subs to come on Sibley Dobbin Bird Collins 

52 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think morally, it should have been a penalty but, refs seem to rule out a penalty if the defender gets the slightest of touches first unless they completely wipe out the attacker. It’s quite possible (although some will deny it) that we may have avoided conceding penalties over the years due to the same interpretation.

The wrestling at corners also annoys the hell out of me and should be stamped out. But, once again, I suspect our defenders are possibly/probably as guilty as our opponents. 

As a ref, at 69 it's an occasional thing these days, I get annoyed whichever side is doing a "Mick McManus". It aint allowed, never has been, so why do it? OK, so we all know it started with the Italians, Spanish and Argentinians who got away with it and it spread... To me it's a sign that you're not good enough a defender to cope... Most of the time, the defender never even looks at where the ball is or where it's going, they are simply intent on holding on to the opposition player at all costs.

My playing days started when I was 7. Last 11 a side at 53 and last 5 a side indoors at 59. Not a single booking in all that time. I also played a lot of rugby so I wasn't a softie, just kept within the rules.

19 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think it's unlikely, but not inconceivable. Hourihane was one of the two subbed before HT in the Fleetwood game and was also second off against Peterborough. Warne definitely prefers older heads to young guns in this division, but maybe the fitness stats are showing him more youth is needed? 

Totally agree!

The lousy results lately suggest that the older heads (and legs!) have a 45 minute best before date.

How about trying out the young guns until half time then bringing on the experience for the second half? We would be less boringly predictable.

At present playoffs are possible but winning at Wembley seems a remote dream of Far Far Away!