Derby vs Ipswich (H) Match Thread

Comrade 86

9 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Time for Warne and the squad to prove we can do it against the better teams. We need a statement result, and a win at home against one of the best in the league in front of a big crowd could be the turning point that fires us into the playoffs on a wave of confidence.

I haven’t seen a good team yet in this league 

13 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

I got to be kind of confident of taking something from the trip there.        Say again our desire seems strong at the moment, we score goals almost at leisure, don't concede too many also and there's attacking potential and alternatives probably more than any other opposition team in the league.

This game is fickle, all things are subject to change.    It's a crap shoot you never can tell what will occur on any given day.    You look at other promotion contenders today and just recent, they're dropping points left and right to teams you wouldn't expect.      I would worry about McGoldrick, an ex-player of ours who never really lived up to expectation - spent a whole lot of time on the injury roster - and former players have a tendency of scoring against us but we'll see when the time arises.    

McKenna will play 1 in attack - there is no other way - maybe 4-2-3-1  being a favorite, it's utilized 90 per cent of the time, but it's effective even if not all fans are for it.     If Derby County are to get a result from the event simple math being you need to restrict us scoring opportunity and close down the main players of the team particularly in midfield i.e. Burns, Morsy, even Chaplin, who by rights is a center forward, not a midfield player.      Hirst to start attack, he's done well in recent starts.   I wish he and Ladapo would feature together from the off but McKenna is a stubborn SOB who found a certain approach and won't change alter or amend it.   

I hope it's a good contest, the fans at Pride Park get value for money, players from both club names put on a show, and we see a competitive game with minimal referee intervention.  

Would not so sure if I was you 

You dont tend to do so well at pp so I am confident we can get the win.

13 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

I got to be kind of confident of taking something from the trip there.        Say again our desire seems strong at the moment, we score goals almost at leisure, don't concede too many also and there's attacking potential and alternatives probably more than any other opposition team in the league.

This game is fickle, all things are subject to change.    It's a crap shoot you never can tell what will occur on any given day.    You look at other promotion contenders today and just recent, they're dropping points left and right to teams you wouldn't expect.      I would worry about McGoldrick, an ex-player of ours who never really lived up to expectation - spent a whole lot of time on the injury roster - and former players have a tendency of scoring against us but we'll see when the time arises.    

McKenna will play 1 in attack - there is no other way - maybe 4-2-3-1  being a favorite, it's utilized 90 per cent of the time, but it's effective even if not all fans are for it.     If Derby County are to get a result from the event simple math being you need to restrict us scoring opportunity and close down the main players of the team particularly in midfield i.e. Burns, Morsy, even Chaplin, who by rights is a center forward, not a midfield player.      Hirst to start attack, he's done well in recent starts.   I wish he and Ladapo would feature together from the off but McKenna is a stubborn SOB who found a certain approach and won't change alter or amend it.   

I hope it's a good contest, the fans at Pride Park get value for money, players from both club names put on a show, and we see a competitive game with minimal referee intervention.  

Could be an interesting game. Most of us would probably think that if we’re not at least a goal up by half time then it won’t end well for Derby. But then again, as you same, the game is fickle.

Out of interest, some of the phrases you have used in previous posts along with the use of the word “math” instead of the (correct 😀) term “maths” you don’t sound like an expat. How did you end up supporting Ipswich?

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He’s a nice, polite lad int he? Anyone recognise the lad behind Knight in the training clip, towards the end of the interview? I’m guessing an academy player, he looks to be carrying a bit of muscle, get him involved in the first team! 

Dajaune brown, yes looks a presence. Give him some minutes off the bench and see what he can do

This is one game I REALLY want us to win just to get one over all my ITFC colleagues and friends.  

First Rams v Town game I've missed in Derby since 1986 but our wedding anniversary weekend away was booked before the fixtures came out. Fear not, I'll be watching on Rams Player while her indoors gets her nails done or something.