Sexism at Pride Park

IslandExile

7 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Perhaps the title of thread could be changed to "Lack of sexism at PP". Been attending matches since 83/4 - never witnessed any sexist behaviour at any matches. All this from one idiot on twitter?

That could be because you were glued to you phone though?!

Or something else from 83 until the last 10-15 years? Smash Hits? 

This post could actually appear on the BBC News tonight.

I sit in the South West Upper, 4 young lads around 11-13 age group with an adult, Dad watches the game, The lads are on their phones either texting or playing games, The old man behind them is either watching the game or watching them? 

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Perhaps the title of thread could be changed to "Lack of sexism at PP". Been attending matches since 83/4 - never witnessed any sexist behaviour at any matches. All this from one idiot on twitter?

I think you must have been wearing ear plugs at the Baaseball ground in the 80's as there was a chant of "get your tites out for the lads" at every game.

Don't hear anything remotely sexist now.

This article is typical of what passes as modern journalism these days. It wouldn't be very difficult to find a tweet that, is sexist, racist, fatist, etc. 

Does it reflect the general atmosphere in the ground, no. Were there any chants about our first female referee, no. On the contrary, there was nothing but praise on here 

Unfortunately, the BBC are no better than the rest of the gutter press 

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

It’s old farts like me that contribute to the lack of atmosphere.

I played the game for a while and I’m so engrossed in what’s going on that I barely breathe let alone shout.

I do join in with the clapping parts of South Stand chants.

Fairly typical East Stand fan, me.?

Same here but I do shout very loudly at moments of heightened excitement such as foul play and the times when the referee and I are not, shall we say, of one mind. Ahem ! 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Same here but I do shout very loudly at moments of heightened excitement such as foul play and the times when the referee and I are not, shall we say, of one mind. Ahem ! 

I did allow myself a ‘get in there!’ when Roberts struck his thunderbolt on Saturday.

I obviously apologised and sat back down ?