Sexism at Pride Park

IslandExile

The article is a write-up of a feature that Radio Derby did on Sportscene after the tweet first appeared. Ed is always looking for a new topic to discuss to fill that slot.

It was harmless enough and just a shame that more women aren't invited onto air to talk about the football. That point was made and the next day they had two female fans on to talk about just that.

I know two other female fans who do go on Radio Derby occasionally and both get shedloads of abuse on Twitter whenever they do. Says more about Twitter than football fans in general! 

17 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

How are these women getting such good phone signal at PP is what I want to know 

6G nipple antennas secretly installed via the contraceptive injection? A new conspiracy for 2023 right there.

The Derby County Spokesperson seems a bit confused...

"There is no room for discrimination of any kind and no single, defined way to support the team, unless it breaches the code of unacceptable behaviour."

...so there is a single, defined way to support the team, it's just us pesky non-abusives and our acceptable behaviour who are refusing to take part and are ruining the atmosphere!

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 hours ago, NottmRAM said:

I think you must have been wearing ear plugs at the Baaseball ground in the 80's as there was a chant of "get your tites out for the lads" at every game.

Don't hear anything remotely sexist now.

You've spelt Tights wrong ?

image.png.535d97b7be16b65e8d7b701ecfdf5e4d.png

13 hours ago, IslandExile said:

So not being a member of twitterdom can I ask whether he said that people who spend all match on their phones should stay at home or that all women should stay at home? Either way hardly the biggest Rams story what some random guy on twitter says. 

Maybe the women referred to in this article/by the original twitter poster were on their phone checking out the other scores or league table? Working out all the different permutations? Looking by how many Notts Forest were currently losing by? 

16 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Perhaps the title of thread could be changed to "Lack of sexism at PP". Been attending matches since 83/4 - never witnessed any sexist behaviour at any matches. All this from one idiot on twitter?

Totally agree, the rams have always had a good following of females and children. Ive been going for years and never experienced any sexism.

7 hours ago, angieram said:

The article is a write-up of a feature that Radio Derby did on Sportscene after the tweet first appeared. Ed is always looking for a new topic to discuss to fill that slot.

It was harmless enough and just a shame that more women aren't invited onto air to talk about the football. That point was made and the next day they had two female fans on to talk about just that.

I know two other female fans who do go on Radio Derby occasionally and both get shedloads of abuse on Twitter whenever they do. Says more about Twitter than football fans in general! 

Ed is just looking to stir the pot and escalate anything out of proportion same as most media so should not be trusted.

People getting hot under the collar over one tweet that should have been ignored is giving the person who did this all the satisfaction they wanted.

This trend for relying on Tw@tter or Faceache posts for sensationalised news is one of the worst developments of modern journalism. 

The usual suspects are at it the most, but as you see here. Even the BBC are trying to mine BS from social media opinions. 

It isn't even close to being news!

22 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

This trend for relying on Tw@tter or Faceache posts for sensationalised news is one of the worst developments of modern journalism. 

The usual suspects are at it the most, but as you see here. Even the BBC are trying to mine BS from social media opinions. 

It isn't even close to being news!

It's ridiculous. Just think of all the better stories they could have if they just read on here!

What is interesting for me on this thread is the number of people who still think it's OK to make a joke / comment about doing the ironing, cleaning etc. I know they think it's funny and, maybe, it is but it just shows that the original point made is not without some likely justification. Imagine if the original post had been about disabled children, do you think there would have been flippant comments in the thread mocking disability? Do you think the comments would have even been left up if that had been the case? And no, I'm not saying being a woman is a disability - you know I'm not - I'm saying that for all our supposed desire to see this from all sides there is still a lot of work to be done by both ourselves and those institutions where we gather, such as Pride Park, to help us along.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

What is interesting for me on this thread is the number of people who still think it's OK to make a joke / comment about doing the ironing, cleaning etc. I know they think it's funny and, maybe, it is but it just shows that the original point made is not without some likely justification. Imagine if the original post had been about disabled children, do you think there would have been flippant comments in the thread mocking disability? Do you think the comments would have even been left up if that had been the case? And no, I'm not saying being a woman is a disability - you know I'm not - I'm saying that for all our supposed desire to see this from all sides there is still a lot of work to be done by both ourselves and those institutions where we gather, such as Pride Park, to help us along.

I think you are being reeled in, which often is the very point of the joke. Too many people nowadays are working so hard to take any fun or amusement out of any situation.