Charlton Athletic (H), 3pm Saturday 18th February.

Rev

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Good first period but overall not a convincing win. Forsyth and Cashin solid as always, White showing he is top drawer, Barks looking sparky. But too often we’re disorganised in the middle of the pitch and up front. We’ll struggle against stronger opposition if we don’t have a better plan 

Big test next Saturday ?

Excellent result. Sounded a good performance overall. Pleased that when White had to go off, Warne's change was to bring Roberts on and move Sibley into midfield rather than say bring Thompson on as a straight swap into the middle. Disappointed that I've been putting bets on Cash to score as I felt it had to come, and didn't today! C'est la vie. Thrilled for him that he got the goal.

Really important to win as it takes us to Oakwell in good heart for an absolute six-pointer. And threatens to start another run, which is what we'll need if we're to maintain the challenge this season. Effectively (in terms of points per game) the real table is Barnsley in 4th, us in 5th and Bolton in 6th, so it's great to have steadied the ship today, allowing us to look up again rather than over our shoulder.

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Good first period but overall not a convincing win. Forsyth and Cashin solid as always, White showing he is top drawer, Barks looking sparky. But too often we’re disorganised in the middle of the pitch and up front. We’ll struggle against stronger opposition if we don’t have a better plan 

Not a convincing win? I think I watched a different game. We won 2-0, kept a clean sheet, never really looked under pressure, had the luxury of being able to take off and rest a couple of key players. And other than the possession stats it looks on paper like the game went the way I perceived it;

4065090D-5A82-4F51-A54A-867C41AD8646.png

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Excellent result. Sounded a good performance overall. Pleased that when White had to go off, Warne's change was to bring Roberts on and move Sibley into midfield rather than say bring Thompson on as a straight swap into the middle. Disappointed that I've been putting bets on Cash to score as I felt it had to come, and didn't today! C'est la vie. Thrilled for him that he got the goal.

Really important to win as it takes us to Oakwell in good heart for an absolute six-pointer. And threatens to start another run, which is what we'll need if we're to maintain the challenge this season. Effectively (in terms of points per game) the real table is Barnsley in 4th, us in 5th and Bolton in 6th, so it's great to have steadied the ship today, allowing us to look up again rather than over our shoulder.

But we are only 4 points ahead of Wycombe so we are bound to be looking over our shoulders. A weird season… would have thought with 57 points we would be way ahead of anyone in 7th.

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not a convincing win? I think I watched a different game.

Me too. It could have been 5 or 6 nil too. Wildsmith could have worn his slippers and a smoking jacket. ?

Charlton are not a bad side by any stretch and they've really not had much of a sniff today. Only conceivable grumble would be the missed chances, but that won't be putting me off a few celebratory jars tonight.

COYR

Hope we stick with 3 in midfield. I think Harvey White has very quickly shown what he's all about and I'm convinced the players feel more comfortable with that set-up anyway.

Nice to see Cash resume normal service. Even better to see him rifle home the 2nd goal. With the benefit of hindsight, how many of ours might have been playing while under the weather last week? Could explain a lot though not looking to make excuses.

For those of you that spotted my post on page 1 of the NHS thread may recall I was planning a change for my pre-match ritual, following the recent sag in performance/results.
Well, I can confirm I went ahead with this morning's plan, and it seems at first glance to have been a roaring success.  That was much improved performance, and a very welcome and deserved victory.

I guess this means I'll need to erm... ahem... "pop to the post box" every match day, from now on!  ??