Charlton Athletic (H), 3pm Saturday 18th February.

Rev

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

Great play and cross NML Didz free on the penalty spot had to score scuffs it and misses. Keeper got a touch but he had to score there.

Just needed a cleaner strike. We’re creating chances to add to the lead, need to take one of them early in the second half for that extra bit of security. We’ve got good options from the bench to get at their yellow carded defenders. 

Will our profligacy in front of goal cost us? It's so frustrating that we cannot put teams away and games to bed. I guess this is the difference between having League One players rather than being higher up the pyramid. Goalscorers cost and we're not allowed to buy players. It is for this reason that I would always play Sibley further up the pitch, rather than shoehorning him into defence. It is scoring goals that is the hardest thing to do in football, and goals change games.

Here are the first half stats:

image.thumb.png.dccf1b2ec950882b1749707c26b32a50.png

Fine to applaud Knight and Hourihane getting forward but a load of bodies up the pitch doesn’t mean goals - we only scored with a pen - and there’ve been 3 or 4 breaks from charlton where we’ve been overloaded or overlapped. 

the early foul on White was a red. Shaun Barker talking bollix 
[as he just admitted !]

Edited by kevinhectoring
Shaun Barker

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Will our profligacy in front of goal cost us? It's so frustrating that we cannot put teams away and games to bed. I guess this is the difference between having League One players rather than being higher up the pyramid. Goalscorers cost and we're not allowed to buy players. It is for this reason that I would always play Sibley further up the pitch, rather than shoehorning him into defence. It is scoring goals that is the hardest thing to do in football, and goals change games.

Here are the first half stats:

image.thumb.png.dccf1b2ec950882b1749707c26b32a50.png

While we have been wasteful today (and occasionally throughout the season) we are the 4th highest scoring side in the league behind Sheff Weds, Plymouth and Ipswich. It’s not a bad record considering the team that was thrown together and we had that very good winning run not that long ago, compared to how poor our goal scoring exploits were in the last couple of Championship seasons I think we’re much improved. 
Plenty of time for us to run up 2, 3, 4 goal lead before full time