Charlton Athletic (H), 3pm Saturday 18th February.

Rev

Wildsmith

Smith       Rooney     Forsyth      Sibley

Knight       White      Hourihane

Barkz            McG           Springett

(McGee, Cashin, Davies, Thompson, Dobbin, NML, Collins)

Give Cashin and NML a break as they both may need it, see what Springett can offer (he also covers LB and can switch flanks with Barkz as and when, Dobbin has been great off the bench against tired defenders, White keeps us ticking and looks classy. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Smith   Forsyth   Cashin   Sibley

White   Hourihane

Mendez-Laing   Knight  Barkhuizen

McGoldrick 

Subs: McGee, Davies, Roberts, Tommo, Dobbin, Springett, Collins

Unless there are injuries, I'd put my mortgage on this being Warne's team. Wouldn't be mine, but it's a better lineup than the last two games.

11 hours ago, Rev said:

Time to get back on the winning trail, and pay these back for a spawny reverse last August.

Spot on Rev.

I believe Diego's tremendous run starting the match day threads also started with a fairly innocuous draw, so onwards and upwards from here eh?

I still think that if we can get back to winning ways again, the game against Plymouth on 7th March could be a defining moment of the season.

Let's hope you're still at the helm by then.

So let's take our revenge over the South Londerners and move on.

COYR

COYR (come on you REV).

Not wishing to put a curse on us or come across as a bit of a doom monger (I think some may have confused my recent attempts at healthy caution with pessimism) but Charlton’s away record is arguably nearly as good as Lincoln’s.

Prior to Tuesday night,

Lincoln were: W 5, D 2, L 7, Scored 14 conceded 20. Points = 17

Charlton are: W 4, D 7, L 5. Scored 17 conceded 20. Points = 17

Charlton’s away scalps may not be as notable as Lincoln’s but they have won their last three away games.

Wildsmith

Davies      Forsyth     Cashin

Smith   Knight    White     Sibley

NML        Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

subs: Dobbin (65), Hourihane, Rooney (70), Collins, Tommo, McGee, Roberts

(I’d put my house on this not being the starting line up)

On 15/02/2023 at 10:23, Carl Sagan said:

Unless there are injuries, I'd put my mortgage on this being Warne's team. Wouldn't be mine, but it's a better lineup than the last two games.

Think you may be about right with this selection although i would like to see Rooney given a go at RB instead of Smith not that he as done anything wrong but no goals and no assists from a full back in this day and age is not great you need way more than this from full backs these days

21 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Think you may be about right with this selection although i would like to see Rooney given a go at RB instead of Smith not that he as done anything wrong but no goals and no assists from a full back in this day and age is not great you need way more than this from full backs these days

Smiths not really let us down from a defensive perspective but he probably deserves a rest and Rooney's crossing can't possibly be as bad.

22 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Interesting point. I think Rooney has shown a lot of promise and it's a little disappointing he's not had more opportunities. But is Rooney that much more (if at all) of an attacking option to Smith? I'm not sure.

Generally, to get promotion, I think Warne prefers men to boys in the team. He likes a bit of know-how. Hence Hourihane and Smith get picked every week. Smith's game management is one of the best in the team and I think that added "professionalism" is what has seen him the team and Rooney out of the 18. I think it's inconceivable Warne won't reinstate Sibley on the opposite flank, which transforms our attacking threat on the left. Having less of a threat on the right is probably something the manager thinks is a price worth paying.

Wildsmith

Smith   Forsyth   Cashin   Roberts 

Knight   White   Hourihane

Sibley   McGoldrick   Barkuizen 

4-3-3, Sibley further forward (all of a sudden he just plays fullback) rest NML as I think he was well off it on Tuesday although he is allowed a bad game after recent good performances. Don’t think Dobbin was as bad as some make out on Tuesday but would still give him a rest. Collins might play instead of McGoldrick as 3 games in a week might be too much?