Charlton Athletic (H), 3pm Saturday 18th February.

Rev

It’s great to get back to winning ways and a good confidence boost before another big test v Barnsley next week.

I am not sure we should pay too much attention to the table at the moment. It will just cause undue over analysis - too much excitement or worry.

We’ve got to get to 80 points and go from there.

February going into March probably signals our toughest stage of the season with seven games in 28 days. Four really tough away games (Barnsley, Plymouth, Oxford and Peterborough) and three home games which look routine but will become more pressurised if we struggle away from home.

I think we’ll find out all about Warne and this group of players and their promotion credentials in the next few weeks.

Personally I have been encouraged by this week’s response.  One loss hasn’t become two or three. So I think we can feel confident even if we do slip up v Barnsley or Plymouth, for instance.

PS. snap up tickets for Oxford away. It’s such a lovely city and day out.

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It’s great to get back to winning ways and a good confidence boost before another big test v Barnsley next week.

I am not sure we should pay too much attention to the table at the moment. It will just cause undue over analysis - too much excitement or worry.

We’ve got to get to 80 points and go from there.

February going into March probably signals our toughest stage of the season with seven games in 28 days. Four really tough away games (Barnsley, Plymouth, Oxford and Peterborough) and three home games which look routine but will become more pressurised if we struggle away from home.

I think we’ll find out all about Warne and this group of players and their promotion credentials in the next few weeks.

Personally I have been encouraged by this week’s response.  One loss hasn’t become two or three. So I think we can feel confident even if we do slip up v Barnsley or Plymouth, for instance.

PS. snap up tickets for Oxford away. It’s such a lovely city and day out.

As someone from Cambridge no it isnt!

27 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

So instead of singing about NML’s long dong, why can’t the South Stand embrace some chants along these lines? It might not exactly strike fear and dread in the hearts of the oppo but they might be so confused they forget their game plan. 

“when he’s playing we don’t lose  

And he minds his Ps and Qs

loves his mum like a boy oughtta 

You could trust him with your daughter

EIRAN CASHIN (etc)”

I don't think he'd thank us for that -  bang goes his street cred!! ?

59 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

As someone from Cambridge no it isnt!

Ha! I've many years of connections to both universities, but even though I worked for Oxford Uni far longer than I ever lived at Cambridge, I still love Cambridge far more and regard it as my second home. I see this as like a Clough thing. Yes he went down the road and ended up spending more time there, but I think he said "you never forget your first love". For him that was Derby and for me it's Cambridge. 

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ha! I've many years of connections to both universities, but even though I worked for Oxford Uni far longer than I ever lived at Cambridge, I still love Cambridge far more and regard it as my second home. I see this as like a Clough thing. Yes he went down the road and ended up spending more time there, but I think he said "you never forget your first love". For him that was Derby and for me it's Cambridge. 

Oxford has more town than gown and Cambridge vice versa. 

Personally I prefer Oxford, maybe it's a Morse thing.

18 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

In the good old fashioned world I reckon car park A would be right next to car park B (right, not left, I hope you left after the game and are still not looking for car park A….right?)

In the modern world car park A is maybe next to car park T, because that’s where it’s AT

Ps……car parks are a rip off, don’t bother with them…..walk instead, keeps you fit, and you can go to the pub get rat faced on the money you’d have wasted on the rip off car park without the worry of trying to remember where you’d parked the car!

Up The Rams ? 

Wise words mate. 

7 hours ago, jono said:

Yes ! Watching Rams TV in the concourse I noticed a stat on the screen - players used - all other teams seemed to be 30 odd down to circa 27 while we have used just 23. It’s bound to tell, with knocks and fatigue over a season. Tuesday night was evidence of that to my mind. 

@jonohow many did we use in 1974/5 when we won the 1st Division? 

3 hours ago, sage said:

Oxford has more town than gown and Cambridge vice versa. 

Personally I prefer Oxford, maybe it's a Morse thing.

Spot on with your first sentence which is why I prefer Cambridge as it has so much quirkiness. Also love moaning about their arrogant rowers all year at Ely except that one day on the Thames

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

@jonohow many did we use in 1974/5 when we won the 1st Division? 

It’s fascinating isn’t it. When I was following “another team” in the 70’s .. the line up (in my memory), was the same every week. and 1 sub allowed. I can remember the team off the cuff, not much variation

Then, when the rose tinted glasses have come off there might have been a couple of changes for injuries or transfers in .. I’d bet 18/20 players was pretty much the norm ? … how many did DCFC use back then  ? 

19 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Amazing stat. 

In 1971-72 only 16 players were used, 3 of them, Tony Bailey, Steve Powell and Jim Walker made only 10 (6+4) appearances between them and Frank Wignall left for Mansfield town in November. So it was basically 12 players for the rest of the season which included 7 cup games.

43 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s fascinating isn’t it. When I was following “another team” in the 70’s .. the line up (in my memory), was the same every week. and 1 sub allowed. I can remember the team off the cuff, not much variation

Then, when the rose tinted glasses have come off there might have been a couple of changes for injuries or transfers in .. I’d bet 18/20 players was pretty much the norm ? … how many did DCFC use back then  ? 

As @Foreveramquoted 16.