Lincoln City (H), 7.45pm Tuesday 14th February.

Rev

25 minutes ago, Rampant said:

This isn't remotely true is it though. Hourihane was offside for our goal too. 

Can anyone post a 'still' of the disallowed effort at the end?

When their lad got sent off, I have never seen anything like it before, the Lincoln management team screaming at their goalie to go down injured go buy them some time. Three or four of them were doing it before a team mate pointed it out to him. He then went down feigning injury. The ref then went to him and called the medics on.

Why did the fourth official not tell the ref that they were ordering him to go down?

If he did, why did the ref not action it, ie send the manager/coaches off and book the keeper?

At the time I was incensed, now I've got home and realised It was worse than I first thought.

The referee would have been out of his depth on the feckn Racecourse on a Sunday morning.

15 minutes ago, jono said:

Horrible game. Credit to Lincoln in the first half. They ran and pressed like we normally do and their LHS defence did one on NML. The second half time wasting and faking was a disgrace to sport. It isn’t dark arts, let’s just call these things what they are, cheating.

I thought Collins, Didsy, Hourihan and Wildsmith looked ok for us - probably least affected by the malaise that ran through the team.  Knight was too deep, when we weren’t giving the ball away we dawdled and dithered. Passing was off, run of the bounce was off, too many players lost their touch, you can survive when a player has a bad game but when 4 or 5 do in the same game there isn’t much you can do. Even Cash was being beaten to headers. Sibbo did start to attack down the left but too often lacked bravery. Fozzy deserved his MOTM.

The pluses ? .. well at least we got a point which is better than sweet fanny adams, and Harvey White looks very classy. 
Barks deserves a start on Saturday.

I’m going to try and forget this one as quickly as possible. 

Yep that sums it up for me though Collins looked lost with no decent service and too often pulled out of the centre.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was surprised Mendez Laing started as he's looked like going more and more of the pace the last few.  He's spent 12 years as an out and out wide player and is being asked to do more now as well as that.   Needs a few games of 30 minutes.  

When NML came to the club he was only able to play one half of football. Often it was a very good half, but I've never seen a player like it before who simply didn't look as if he could play a full match. It seemed to explain why, despite his obvious ability, he's not had a more prominent career. Credit to the fitness team and Warne's man management, as he has noticably improved his stamina. But I do think we have to be careful and not overplay him. We have decent four wingers now with Dobbin having improved (again credit the management) and Springett having come in, so we have options.

Tonight's game epitomised everything about why its so easy to fall out of love with the game of football.

Spending your hard earned on a cold Tuesday night to watch about 20 minutes of game time and 70 minutes of time wasting, feigning injury and cheating.

For their goalkeeper not to be booked tonight is laughable and just goes to show how weak the officials are.

As for the game itself, first half was poor, second half improved after the sending off.

The amount of bad crosses under no pressure was the most frustrating thing.

Would be worried to see either the same starting line up or level of performance on Saturday.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

When their lad got sent off, I have never seen anything like it before, the Lincoln management team screaming at their goalie to go down injured go buy them some time. Three or four of them were doing it before a team mate pointed it out to him. He then went down feigning injury. The ref then went to him and called the medics on.

Why did the fourth official not tell the ref that they were ordering him to go down?

If he did, why did the ref not action it, ie send the manager/coaches off and book the keeper?

At the time I was incensed, now I've got home and realised It was worse than I first thought.

The referee would have been out of his depth on the feckn Racecourse on a Sunday morning.

Regardless of their poohousery time wasting, they did a job on us.

We need to wise up to teams with strong arm or negative tactics, because the refs are consistently inconsistent in lots of games; ultimately  we lacked composure tonight, the final ball and crosses into the box not great, at times we made poor decisions with some below par performances.

But yeah the ref was crap.

41 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Lovely fella

34 minutes ago

Have that you cheating, vile, creditor-screwing scum.

They will bang on about how they deserve to win, but until we went down to 10 men we were comfortable.

Good grief. You banging in about cheating after what Lincoln did virtually all game long. Cynical dirty fouls, with no surprise that House ended up being sent off ( his second foul should have been a straight red. There should gave been 4 yellows for diving, with 2 for your number 15, and the time wasting and faked injury was disgraceful.

Why do you have to be like that? You have some fine players and especially the first half were the better team. What a waste of talent.

6 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

Yep that sums it up for me though Collins looked lost with no decent service and too often pulled out of the centre.

Yes, agree. He did a fair bit of work deep, holding up and battling, but was always drifting too far to one side. He’s a CF and needs to be in the middle ! but as you say the service wasn’t there and he doesn’t have the pace/ability to beat a man, he is a poacher not a creator. 

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Thought Lincoln were well organised and decent. Their centre forward was a handful. However they need to have a long hard look at how they have conducted themselves tonight. Taking your time over a goal kick is frustrating but expected, but the way their goalkeeper was clearly instructed to go down so they could have an inpromptu team meeting and get a sub on was just cheating. I would love to know why it was allowed. I could see what was happening from the east stand - what was the 4th official thinking? Why didn’t he call the ref over and tell him? What followed was embarrassing- two of them going down every couple of minutes and the ref pandered to it. 

Having said all that I thought we were dreadful. I think if their instinct was to play football instead of cheat they could have won that.

Very frustrating on many levels. If that’s what they have to do to get a point here then well done them. I had hoped League One would be men’s football. Sadly not.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Will be interested to hear from those who watched the game whether the change mostly came from reverting to our regular formation or if it was mainly down to Lincoln going down to 10 men. Quite deep into the match the stats showed:

Shots: Derby 4 Lincoln 8

Shots on target: Derby 0 Lincoln 4

Yet by full time the picture was:

image.thumb.png.5608361fd6b5274e31c76e1a70c22841.png

So whatever the cause, it was an absolutely massive turnaround, even if too late.

I don't remember Lincoln having four shots on target and I don't remember us having none either. There were a few blocked shots, due to Lincoln packing the defence which they did very well first half. One of their shots on target was offside . And one of ours was ruled offside.. although haven't seen the replay.    

1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

Good grief. You banging in about cheating after what Lincoln did virtually all game long. Cynical dirty fouls, with no surprise that House ended up being sent off ( his second foul should have been a straight red. There should gave been 4 yellows for diving, with 2 for your number 15, and the time wasting and faked injury was disgraceful.

Why do you have to be like that? You have some fine players and especially the first half were the better team. What a waste of talent.

Your confusing me with Julian of Lincoln.  The one who looks like a Mike Flowers Pops tribute. 

I started off saying in my head ‘I will not get annoyed, I will not shout at the lino (right in front of me), I will not boo the cheating, feigning injury and their bloody goalkeeper, or get irate at the time it takes to take throw ins, goal kicks and free kicks. 
I failed. I’m now sitting at home with a throbbing head and my throat is killing me. I hate football at times like these.