Wycombe Wanderers (A) Sat 11th Feb

46 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Looks onside to me. Look at the shadows & remember physics - the angle of incidence=the angle of reflection...or summat! ?‍♂️ <shouting> eh @Carl Sagan?!

Ha! You probably don't even need high school physics to show you that. It could depend on the lens being used and how much distortion there is, and I'd suggest there's quite a lot. If you looked at the halfway line, and then slid it along the pitch, he'd be miles onside - but you'd be wrong to do that. You need cues from other lines running perpendicular to the pitch, and you find these in the technical area. If you extrapolate these across the pitch, you can see just how much the "offside line" is rotated as you move ever further right in the image. 

But I'd still say he's well onside. But I also remember one incredibly frustrating game when we were in the Prem and kept running through for one-on-ones, only to be given offside 13 or 14 times in a game we lost 0-1. Afterwards the club was so frustrated they did a VAR-style check of the decisions and every single one of them was wrong. If Wycombe don't think they've got the rub of the green, they really haven't seen anything. Let's not forget we had 5 dubious penalties given against us in the space of just 3 games earlier in this campaign!

We’re still here! My boss (I work there) got a phone call yesterday asking if we were still open. Despite nonsense rumours we will as usual be open from 11.30 am, and on match days we only let in ‘away’ fans to our pub! Plenty of lagers, pool, plus entertainment before the game with stunning exotic dancers from 12.30. The White Horse is on the main A40 West Wycombe Road , some parking, more nearby – about 25 minutes from the ground at a brisk walk – or we’ll call you a cab. No admission charge but no under 18’s!

15 minutes ago, bucksexile said:

We’re still here! My boss (I work there) got a phone call yesterday asking if we were still open. Despite nonsense rumours we will as usual be open from 11.30 am, and on match days we only let in ‘away’ fans to our pub! Plenty of lagers, pool, plus entertainment before the game with stunning exotic dancers from 12.30. The White Horse is on the main A40 West Wycombe Road , some parking, more nearby – about 25 minutes from the ground at a brisk walk – or we’ll call you a cab. No admission charge but no under 18’s!

Hey Rams fans “ You’re a cab” ?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ha! You probably don't even need high school physics to show you that. It could depend on the lens being used and how much distortion there is, and I'd suggest there's quite a lot. If you looked at the halfway line, and then slid it along the pitch, he'd be miles onside - but you'd be wrong to do that. You need cues from other lines running perpendicular to the pitch, and you find these in the technical area. If you extrapolate these across the pitch, you can see just how much the "offside line" is rotated as you move ever further right in the image. 

But I'd still say he's well onside. But I also remember one incredibly frustrating game when we were in the Prem and kept running through for one-on-ones, only to be given offside 13 or 14 times in a game we lost 0-1. Afterwards the club was so frustrated they did a VAR-style check of the decisions and every single one of them was wrong. If Wycombe don't think they've got the rub of the green, they really haven't seen anything. Let's not forget we had 5 dubious penalties given against us in the space of just 3 games earlier in this campaign!

He was probably onside but the photo also shows rhe ref having a conversation with players of both sides who have their back to play. Therefore he shouldn't have allowed the free kick ti be taken.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The camera makes it look like he's clearly offside. However, for the winger to be offside, and based on Clarke's positioning, the offside line need to be as shown (or more favourable to us). This line doesn't appear to be too unrealistic to me.

image.png.f6c54c3c6bf2db4479c724a1a76c2dfa.thumb.png.be993ddabd94902212a84644871dee44.png

Yea, just the yard onside ?

54 minutes ago, bucksexile said:

….”exotic dancers from 12.30”, not sure the old tickers up to a couple of hours in this place!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10652504/ipswich-wycombe-lap-dancing-club-white-horse/

1 hour ago, bucksexile said:

Lagers ? that’s me out 

22 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Unless the camera is in the eyes of the linesman nobody knows just what his line of sight is. 

All I will say is running the line in a game at a decent level is far harder than actually Reffing the game. There so many things to watch and at high speed things  change in a split second

Agree…I found it a nightmare running the line for my son’s U13s quite a few years ago…

Wycombe are a strange bunch. Honestly not sure what their beef is with us as a club, it wasn't us who extended the submission deadline for the accounts, it was the EFL. Maybe it's because their nearest rival is 'Oxford' and that must in of itself be quite depressing. I fancy us for this tbh, they didn't look like much when we played them at home, apart from Mehmeti scoring a decent goal we absolutely battered them second half and deservedly won.  Can only see this going the same way. 

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It was quite ironic to read on their forum someone who supports a team from High Wycombe pitying Derby fans for having to "go back to live in Derby". I can only assume they don't actually live in HW, let alone visit it regularly. 

His avatar suggested he might be a resident of North Korea.