Wycombe Wanderers (A) Sat 11th Feb

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Why isn't that his song? Instead of the dirge "one of your own":

[Louie] Sibley's the best

Better than all the rest

Better than anyone

Anyone who ever played

One of our own isn't the song we sing to him anyway. We sing "Ain't nobody".

11 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

image.thumb.png.725e25fa63f2293a058ca423ccf1160d.png

This picture always amuses me. How can Wycombe fans categorically say that is not offside? With this being the only camera angle too, from the side-line this will be a lot closer than they make out.

I reckon he was onside to be honest but I agree there is no way of telling for sure. We had a really bad offside call against Huddersfield that same season and ended up losing the game. This is as clear as they get. 3.30 in the video.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I reckon he was onside to be honest but I agree there is no way of telling for sure. We had a really bad offside call against Huddersfield that same season and ended up losing the game. This is as clear as they get. 3.30 in the video.

100%. That was one of the worst offside decisions I've ever seen. Game finished 1-0, we'd have been winning if we'd have scored then. 3 more points and we'd have been safe on the final day.

52 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Why isn't that his song? Instead of the dirge "one of your own":

[Louie] Sibley's the best

Better than all the rest

Better than anyone

Anyone who ever played

Not wishing to boast, I started a topic called "Sibley the Best!" on 13/11/2019 having seen a video of his game at Loughborough University. It can be copied without royalties by anyone who wants to, I'm not bothered!Joe Biden GIF by PBS NewsHour

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

This picture always amuses me. How can Wycombe fans categorically say that is not offside? With this being the only camera angle too, from the side-line this will be a lot closer than they make out.

Have I missed something here?

If that's the exact point at which the pass was made, the guy on the far side of the pitch is very clearly onside.

I hate Wycombe as much as the next guy but come on. It didn't even matter - we won!

14 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

If that's the exact point at which the pass was made, the guy on the far side of the pitch is very clearly onside.

I hate Wycombe as much as the next guy but come on. It didn't even matter - we won!

The point people are making is that the picture isn't conclusive, because the angle it is taken from makes the players in the foreground appear closer to the centre line than it does the Wycombe player on the far side. It certainly isn't conclusive enough for their fans to be saying "we wuz robbed" two years later.

24 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I thought there must be another Wycombe player that I had missed ?

29 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The point people are making is that the picture isn't conclusive, because the angle it is taken from makes the players in the foreground appear closer to the centre line than it does the Wycombe player on the far side. It certainly isn't conclusive enough for their fans to be saying "we wuz robbed" two years later.

They just need to let it go, it’s really sad to drag stuff up like that from that long ago.  Next they will be complaining that they were robbed when the “crossbar” was a piece of tape and they should have had a rebound…

33 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Ohhh, this was their disallowed goal, wasn't it? All makes sense now - for some reason, I remembered this as their actual goal.

And I get that the camera's on an angle, but I'd say it's pretty conclusive. I would be livid if it was the other way round ?‍♂️

51 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

May well be on side but that angle is dreadful and not in line and not to mention the ball isn’t in motion yet - anyway it would have been saved 

3 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

They just need to let it go, it’s really sad to drag stuff up like that from that long ago.  Next they will be complaining that they were robbed when the “crossbar” was a piece of tape and they should have had a rebound…

Win, lose or draw is kind of an irrelevance.  They could win , get us in the playoffs and beat us.  We could win , win the next 5 and go into the autos.  Once thing is guaranteed.  At some point, we'll be looking at them in the rear view mirror as we go past their car park and wave, leaving them to a lifetime of squabbling with Slough Town.  Won't that be nice

3 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Looks onside to me. Look at the shadows & remember physics - the angle of incidence=the angle of reflection...or summat! ?‍♂️ <shouting> eh @Carl Sagan?!