by dreaming up a cause of action

it’s a really vile disease

don't be shocked at our reaction

Imposed on us appalling drama

just for cash - it’s what you do 

well we’ll watch on as karma

pins you in div 1 or 2

Beautiful!
You need to get out on the pitch before KO, and scream that down a mic through the PA system.  It'll bring a tear to some eyes. 

No, really!  

Hi All,

A Wycombe fan in peace and can I firstly apologise for some of our fans and the comments you have seen. I think some are still very disappointed that we had 1 season in the championship and very few of us were able to witness it as COVID restrictions were in effect and if we had stayed up, we would have been able to witness history being made by our club. I also think that our anger is mis-directed as it should be fully on Mel Morris, rather than the club as he effecting both of our fans (your fans more than ours) so I think some fans on our side need to take stock of a few things.....

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Beautiful!
You need to get out on the pitch before KO, and scream that down a mic through the PA system.  It'll bring a tear to some eyes. 

No, really!  

Far to complicated, just tell them their newly re-surfaced car park is rubbish, that will reduce them to uncontrolled sobbing wrecks.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

Anyways, I'd like to welcome those that are travelling down to Adams Park today. If you are driving (& not using a Sat Nav) come off at Junction 5 of the M40 so you are on the right side of the town.

Also, if you are parking close to the ground, most of the private/charity parking will be on industrial units and they try to get as many cars in as possible. This will mean if you are on the beginning of a row, you might not move for a long time after the final whistle! If you are getting the train, there are buses (for home and away) or its around £15 taxi one way. If you are planning on walking, it'll take you about an hour to get to the ground!

There will be a beer tent inside the grounds of Adams Park, however the food options inside the stadium are poor, get food before coming in if you can! (Its the same for home fans and something we are always complaining about!)

If you want any other info before you arrive, more than happy to help where I can.

Safe journey all

3 minutes ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

Anyways, I'd like to welcome those that are travelling down to Adams Park today. If you are driving (& not using a Sat Nav) come off at Junction 5 of the M40 so you are on the right side of the town.

Also, if you are parking close to the ground, most of the private/charity parking will be on industrial units and they try to get as many cars in as possible. This will mean if you are on the beginning of a row, you might not move for a long time after the final whistle! If you are getting the train, there are buses (for home and away) or its around £15 taxi one way. If you are planning on walking, it'll take you about an hour to get to the ground!

There will be a beer tent inside the grounds of Adams Park, however the food options inside the stadium are poor, get food before coming in if you can! (Its the same for home fans and something we are always complaining about!)

If you want any other info before you arrive, more than happy to help where I can.

Safe journey all

Will there be room in the carpark?

Think this will be a proper tough game today. They are (usually) a strong, physical team, their crowd will be up for it, they've only had 4 games this year vs our 8, they won 3 out of 4 and only conceeded 1 and really need a win as the playoff race has got very tight again.

If we go and win today, think we'll get automatic.

41 minutes ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

Hi All,

A Wycombe fan in peace and can I firstly apologise for some of our fans and the comments you have seen. I think some are still very disappointed that we had 1 season in the championship and very few of us were able to witness it as COVID restrictions were in effect and if we had stayed up, we would have been able to witness history being made by our club. I also think that our anger is mis-directed as it should be fully on Mel Morris, rather than the club as he effecting both of our fans (your fans more than ours) so I think some fans on our side need to take stock of a few things.....

Don’t worry, every club has their fair share of keyboard warriors.

I get your comments about Mel Morris (yes, definitely better aimed at him that our club) but I’m wondering what your thoughts are on a) directing your anger at the EFL rather than Mel. After all, it was them that agreed that our submission could be delayed and b) Do you really have that much to complain about really. If we had received a points deduction that season, it would have been for offences committed in previous seasons when WW weren’t in the Championship. Therefore, if you’d stayed up rather than us, it would have been due to good fortune rather than performances on the pitch.

I’m not looking to pick a fight. I’m genuinely interested in a Wycombe fans view on these two points of view.

31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I get your comments about Mel Morris (yes, definitely better aimed at him that our club) but I’m wondering what your thoughts are on a) directing your anger at the EFL rather than Mel. After all, it was them that agreed that our submission could be delayed and b) Do you really have that much to complain about really. If we had received a points deduction that season, it would have been for offences committed in previous seasons when WW weren’t in the Championship. Therefore, if you’d stayed up rather than us, it would have been due to good fortune rather than performances on the pitch.

I’m not looking to pick a fight. I’m genuinely interested in a Wycombe fans view on these two points of view.

@Peaceful Chairboy

Plus while many Derby fans are ashamed of having an owner that took them into adminstration, how do the Wycombe fans feel about having an ambulance-chasing owner whose attempts at extortion nearly put our Club out of business forever?

Edited by RoyMac5

35 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

A) The EFL & FA (& PL) are a law to themselves and the decisions that they make are never in the interest of all lower league clubs. The sooner the government / separate body get involved, the better! At the moment, the governing bodies are too weak and they need to be firmer. I expect that Man City will have their titles removed and will be hit with a fine (that they'll pay for with change they find in their sofa's) but nothing will change in their running of the club.

If there was a loophole for any club to survive, I bet 95% of the clubs would have taken it in a heart beat!

B) Granted that for the first half of the season, we really struggled to step up and there were a number of games throughout the season where a draw could have easily been a win etc. Also the "offside" goal when we played you could have easily saved us.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

@Peaceful Chairboy

Plus while many Derby fans are ashamed of having an owner that took them into adminstration, how do the Wycombe fans feel about having an ambulance-chasing owner whose attempts at extortion nearly put our Club out of business forever?

I do understand that our owner's comments were very ill-timed and didn't help anyone. However, I think that is just the American in him coming out. They love making things public and suing lifestyle works over here and it didn't. But he is also trying to give our fans some "hope" of finanical security

1 hour ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

Hi All,

Remind me as i could be wrong, wasn't it the events of covid that got you promoted in the first place, due to the season not being completed   

10 minutes ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

A) The EFL & FA (& PL) are a law to themselves and the decisions that they make are never in the interest of all lower league clubs. The sooner the government / separate body get involved, the better! At the moment, the governing bodies are too weak and they need to be firmer. I expect that Man City will have their titles removed and will be hit with a fine (that they'll pay for with change they find in their sofa's) but nothing will change in their running of the club.

If there was a loophole for any club to survive, I bet 95% of the clubs would have taken it in a heart beat!

B) Granted that for the first half of the season, we really struggled to step up and there were a number of games throughout the season where a draw could have easily been a win etc. Also the "offside" goal when we played you could have easily saved us.

You haven't answered question b) it was about being in a different season, read the question again 

8 minutes ago, deano180 said:

You haven't answered question b) it was about being in a different season, read the question again 

He won’t. They have no justification for anything. Even if we had been deducted points in that season for not breaking any rules whatsoever then the other teams at the bottom would have played differently. Wycombe only started picking up points when they were already relegated which is also conveniently forgotten. They are parasites. I sincerely hope anyone lucky enough to get a ticket today refuses to spend a single penny on the ground. Remember that they only jumped in the spurious compensation bandwagon when we were in administration and couldn’t fight back. Parasites. 

26 minutes ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

But they weren’t were they so that is irrelevant. The fact remains that Wycombe finished with fewer points that Derby and hence got relegated. If our points deduction had taken place during that season then you would have avoided relegation as a result of good fortune rather than anything Wycombe earned. Do Wycombe fans not accept that?