Wycombe Wanderers (A) Sat 11th Feb

30 minutes ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

A) The EFL & FA (& PL) are a law to themselves and the decisions that they make are never in the interest of all lower league clubs. The sooner the government / separate body get involved, the better! At the moment, the governing bodies are too weak and they need to be firmer. I expect that Man City will have their titles removed and will be hit with a fine (that they'll pay for with change they find in their sofa's) but nothing will change in their running of the club.

If there was a loophole for any club to survive, I bet 95% of the clubs would have taken it in a heart beat!

B) Granted that for the first half of the season, we really struggled to step up and there were a number of games throughout the season where a draw could have easily been a win etc. Also the "offside" goal when we played you could have easily saved us.

The disallowed goal we had against Forest for nowt would have given us the 2 points to negate that .  Another one that was about 3 yards onside against Huddersfield also comes to mind .  That's a lightweight argument at best.  The best way to have saved yourselves was to not let Wisdom score in injury time, probably one of only two goals he'll ever score.

1 hour ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

I do understand that our owner's comments were very ill-timed and didn't help anyone. However, I think that is just the American in him coming out. They love making things public and suing lifestyle works over here and it didn't. But he is also trying to give our fans some "hope" of finanical security

Sorry, but I am pulling no punches here.  He is a complete scumbag, who rates only alongside Gibson, the level being so low.  He will never ever be forgiven for his ambulance chasing antics that nearly snuffed out one of the oldest football clubs in the world.  Not all Americans are so vile and lacking in sentiment, so being American is no excuse for his extortion tactics.

However on the footballing front I have nothing against your club, and Couhig will pass along in the same way our very own scumbags like Maxwell and Morris did in the end. Good luck, but not too much obviously!  You never know this might not be our last meeting this season…

Edited by Guest
Typo

1 hour ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

I do understand that our owner's comments were very ill-timed and didn't help anyone. However, I think that is just the American in him coming out. They love making things public and suing lifestyle works over here and it didn't. But he is also trying to give our fans some "hope" of financial security

Not his comments but his actual financial DEMANDS. 

No-one would take on our Club with Wycombe and Boro's financial blackmail hanging over us. Your owner knew we couldn't wait to resolve the issue, we couldn't go to arbitration.

The issue which was down to the EFL not us that is, and still he kept on with the financial demands. So we had to pay up. How do your fans feel about that? What on earth were you pushing us to the brink of non-existence for? 

Edited by RoyMac5

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No-one would take on our Club with Wycombe and Boro's financial blackmail hanging over us. Your owner knew we couldn't wait to resolve the issue, we couldn't go to arbitration.

The issue which was down to the EFL not us that is, and still he kept on with the financial demands. So we had to pay up. How do your fans feel about that? What on earth were you pushing us to the brink on non-existence for? 

I think it is clear what motived the Wycombe owner.

It provided him with a platform and publicity 

There was a chance of extorting some money from us, he effectively held us to ransom. 

His actions  could have been responsible for forcing us into liquidation.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The issue which was down to the EFL not us that is, and still he kept on with the financial demands. So we had to pay up. How do your fans feel about that? What on earth were you pushing us to the brink of non-existence for? 

Never at any point stated what the claim was for, if he had one or it's value.  Just held everything up.  Total s********

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

What no Harvey White? A very attacking line up for a tough away game.

I did wonder if we’d see White come into the starting lineup in the “Bird role” to give us a bit more control in midfield. I guess Warne has shown so far this season he doesn’t tend to change a winning side unless he has to. 

2 hours ago, Peaceful Chairboy said:

I do understand that our owner's comments were very ill-timed and didn't help anyone. However, I think that is just the American in him coming out. They love making things public and suing lifestyle works over here and it didn't. But he is also trying to give our fans some "hope" of finanical security

The man was an ambulance chaser whose antics could have potentially put us in the ground. He's a scumbag

Edited by Leeds Ram