Chrissy Martin

AdamSumnerDCFC6

He's not a Warne type player is he, but he's so much better than Collins ......even now. We really are low on options and he's an intelligent clever player which the wingers and Knight can run off and will also win free kicks etc as he's always done??.  Comparing Collins to Martin and saying they are similar does Martin such a disservice, the ball bounced off Collins so much the other night ?. They are at different levels. Its not going to happen though, let's be honest even though I think short term it actually makes sense with our lack of alternative options at the moment. 

36 minutes ago, chelloram said:

He's not a Warne type player is he, but he's so much better than Collins ......even now. We really are low on options and he's an intelligent clever player which the wingers and Knight can run off and will also win free kicks etc as he's always done??.  Comparing Collins to Martin and saying they are similar does Martin such a disservice, the ball bounced off Collins so much the other night ?. They are at different levels. Its not going to happen though, let's be honest even though I think short term it actually makes sense with our lack of alternative options at the moment. 

Martin is much more like Didzy than Collins

39 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Bristol City might get a penalty now they don't have him throwing himself to the floor every 5 minutes.

Obviously living in Bristol I’m lucky ?enough to speak to lots of City fans and they are delighted to be finally rid of him.

Immobile and sulky are words used.

I loved CM at Derby but I’m not sure we could accommodate him in the current squad.

I’m worried he would get frustrated and start gobbing off.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Obviously living in Bristol I’m lucky ?enough to speak to lots of City fans and they are delighted to be finally rid of him.

I loved CM at Derby but I’m not sure we could accommodate him in the current squad.

I would have said not playing or being involved would annoy most players - most of what I read of the Bristol city fans view points obviously to a lack of pace but not about anything negative in terms of anything else and whilst they have had 3-4 younger forwards come through their reserves to add to their options and clearly they want his wages off the books whilst they also say he would be a great signing for a league one club - I don’t disagree and we are a league one club with only two centre forwards who can’t play all the games we have 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I would have said not playing or being involved would annoy most players - most of what I read of the Bristol city fans view points obviously to a lack of pace but not about anything negative in terms of anything else and whilst they have had 3-4 younger forwards come through their reserves to add to their options and clearly they want his wages off the books whilst they also say he would be a great signing for a league one club - I don’t disagree and we are a league one club with only two centre forwards who can’t play all the games we have 

I imagine playing for Pearson can be 'amusing' too. I see that Weimann is back to normal now he's stopped being a striker!

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I imagine playing for Pearson can be 'amusing' too. I see that Weimann is back to normal now he's stopped being a striker!

I genuinely feel sorry Weimann because he can do a job elsewhere he gets shunted around the team to fit someone else in for the benefit of the team but not his benefit - we did the same when he was here and we have done the same to Jason Knight  

16 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Derby fans used to say that about him when he was smashing 20 goals a season for us.  With the type of player he is, there's always going to be fans that hate him - they want a player who runs about like a madman kicking things, where as Martin has always been a "don't need to run if you're already standing in the right place" type of player.

30 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He was like that as wants to come home silly. Sure Fozzy has been sharing PW's funny whatsapps and told him about the goal mugs. Cant pay agent fees but can Fozzy get a recruitment bonus?

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Most of what I read of the Bristol city fans view points to a obvious lack of pace but they want his wages off the books whilst they also say he would be a great signing for a league one club 

Seems like a good signing for them next season.

Very Funny Laughing GIF

15 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Derby fans used to say that about him when he was smashing 20 goals a season for us.  With the type of player he is, there's always going to be fans that hate him - they want a player who runs about like a madman kicking things, where as Martin has always been a "don't need to run if you're already standing in the right place" type of player.

He makes himself available for a pass unlike the current number 9, and so long as he receives the ball somewhere between his big toe and chin he will control it. He knows where his team mates are whereas the team do not know where our current No.9 is for much of the time.

Probably not a Warne type player though - shame.

We need a more direct replacement for McGoldrick's link up play than anything else. It's not as if McGoldrick does much pressing. He just chooses the times to do it. When you have the wingers and Knight buzzing around you, and Hourihane lurking around the edge of the box, you don't need to be a pacy forward to bring the best out of them.