Cheltenham Town (A) Sat 14th Jan

25 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

dont know whether cashin has a knock,but certainly dibz and dobbin together was not needed,and upset the game

I think it was who they replaced that upset the balance rather than those two coming on. If Collins and Barkhuizen had gone off leaving 3 in midfield I think we would have seen the game out more comfortably. However it’s a moot point, we dug in and won away, it’s not always going to be smooth so it’s a good habit to keep picking up points regardless of performance (which was pretty good anyway, Cheltenham were game opponents)

In the glorious Brian Clough era I would go home after watching a match without singling anybody out for playing badly - we just didn't do it. The worse was criticising John McGovern for the un-human way he ran about the pitch, and Alan Hinton for the aggressive, physical way he would challenge for the bal ..................... oh wait. He was called "Gladys" for a reason.

I have fast got to the same position with this squad - they are all heroes, with each one contributing to the best of their ability. I was even glad that Colin Hourihane was in the team today, even though for a number of games he had largely been a waste of space. And it was actually a great header for the first goal!

We were so on top for much of the game, and should have scored 6 or 7, given the great opportunities we kept carving out for ourselves, but the substitutions changed everything. I know Collins seems to have trouble focussing on a barn door let alone a set of goalposts at the moment, but we certainly missed all the other un-noticed hard work he does for the team. And shifting Jason Knight perhaps wasn't the tactic of the year, either. But we won, yet again, and until that last "where's my butt plug" 15 minutes, Wildsmith was probably quite bored.

But we still won, and looking at the League table is actually quite enjoyable - getting closer to the top three and with games in hand. The future is looking good. COME ON YOU RAMS!!!

Just back, very entertaining game and a good advert for League 1, just could have done without the heart stopping defending in the last 15 minutes. Managed to contain myself in the home end, although when Bird's shot hit the back of the net, I yelled out 'wow, what a goal'. Thankfully everyone around me agreed! My cover was blown when Barks scored but it didn't matter, everyone was pretty friendly.  Really good away day on par with Accrington.  Quite impressed with Cheltenham who gave us a good game and tried to play football. I liked their number 32 (Broom) who played in left midfield and gave Bird a torrid time.