#2 - Next 6 Games

Comrade 86

Where Will We Finish?  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We need to average 14 points from each batch of 6 games from now on if we're to make it into the top 2. And we absolutely have to beat Plymouth in the quest to make up ground. Sadly, I reckon we'll continue to lose touch with the leaders and will manage 11pts here, cementing a place in the playoff positions but admitting that will be the extent of the season's ambitions.

Cheltenham (A) - draw 1pt
Bolton (H) - win 3pt
Port Vale (A) - lose 0pt
Plymouth (A) - draw 1pt
Morecambe (H) - win 3pt
Wycombe (A) - win 3pt

52 points from 30 played would leave us wanting 40+ points from the final 16 games. 

Cheltenham a      0 - 1           3pts

Bolton h                2 - 0          3pts          

Port Vale a            1 - 1           1pt

Plymouth   a         3 - 2           0

Morcambe h         0 - 3          3pts 

Wycombe  a         0 - 0           1pt

total of 11 points  anything above this - fantastic

9 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Cheltenham a      0 - 1           3pts

Bolton h                2 - 0          3pts          

Port Vale a            1 - 1           1pt

Plymouth   a         3 - 2           0

Morcambe h         0 - 3          3pts 

Wycombe  a         0 - 0           1pt

total of 11 points  anything above this - fantastic

I still think we can win them all we have a talented team I am sure we can do it I think we could break jim smith record.

4 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

Thinking the same as you 2 points a game is the bench mark to keep pace within the play off race

We're well inside the play-off places now having won an average of 1.7points per game; what the need for improved returns to stay there?

10 points every six games from here will see us in the top six.

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Good 0-0 today for us Bolton - Plymouth. COYR

Well, disappointing if we're hoping for automatics in which case we want Plymouth to lose games. I said above we need 14 points from every 6 game block now on from autos, but that would "only" take us to 92 points which means we would need the top 3 teams to have a drop in form. If we want autos, over the final 22 games we have to back ourselves to be better than Bolton in a straight race, or we're not getting autos anyway. Plymouth are 16 points ahead of us so can afford to draw a few games. They're currently projected to get 101 on season-long form.

On 04/01/2023 at 11:54, Foreveram said:

Hopefully we will beat Barnsley in the cup which means we won’t be playing Plymouth away which then makes the sixth game Lincoln at home, which potentially will be slightly easier, but apart from that ….

Bump.