#2 - Next 6 Games

Comrade 86

Where Will We Finish?  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cheltenham - Win

Bolton - Draw

Vale - Win (Ref permitting)

Plymouth - Lose

Morecombe - Win

Wycombe - Draw

Total 11 points.

Plymouth away is as tough a game we are likely to have this season. We're probably gonna lose at least one of the next 6, but a victory in Devon would be a real statement of intent.

17 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Think I'd rather play Plymouth at the weekend where we could get a fair few more supporters down there. 

We will most likely only have an allocation of 1,648, which we will sell for a midweek game anyway so I’d rather we win in the cup. On a purely selfish level, my sister lives there and I will stay for a couple of days and would prefer it when it’s a bit warmer ?

Cheltenham (A) - 18th in the table, good defensive record (only 25 conceded), piss poor attack (18 in 23). We should win a tight game, but I'll go for another disappointing away draw. 1 point.
Bolton (H) - Hard to call. They're nothing special (as recently seen) and we're at home. Draw likely, win possible. 1-3 points.
Port Vale (A) - An unexpected loss. Has to happen sometime. 0 points.
Plymouth (A) - Depends how they have adapted to losing players by this point. If they adapt well, 0 points, if not we're getting 1.
Morecambe (H) - Oh come on, really? Obvious home win, probably by 4+ goals. 3 points.
Wycombe (A) - We've got to beat a semi-decent team away at some point, it'll be these tossers. 3 points.

Probably the toughest run of games we've had under Warne.

8 points at worst, 11 at best.

Edited by Kokosnuss

We’re still a long way off top two standard. Recent home performances against lower opposition have been good. While we looked steady at Bolton.

But one win in our last six away games suggests we’re still very average on the road.

4 of the next 6 are away, and three of those are at top 10 opposition.

I think anything more than nine points and we will still be comfortably in the top six and well positioned for the playoffs.

Going with 14 points, 4 wins and 2 draws. 

We haven’t really looked like being beaten and draws prevent the gap opening from the teams above us. Ipswich tend to have a second half of the season fall away and injuries/loan recalls could absolutely knock Plymouth down a few pegs. 

We seem to be hitting form at the right time and still think top two is possible.

I'm Mr Optimist today, so I'm hoping we dont face our traditional post-Christmas melt down and really push on...

Cheltenham (A) - Win
Bolton (H) - Draw
Port Vale (A) - Win
Plymouth (A) - Draw
Morecambe (H) - Win
Wycombe (A) - Win - hopefully by a shedload to rub their 'effing faces in it

So, 14 points for me, the unbeaten run carries on and we move on upwards and onwards.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Cheltenham (A) - Win - 3 points
Bolton (H) Tight win - 3 points
Port Vale (A) - Draw - 1 point
Plymouth (A) - Lose - 0 points
Morecambe (H) - Big win - 3 points
Wycombe (A) - Draw - 1 point

11 points total - just shy of the 2 points per game.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So Warne has waved his magic wand and won over a good few doubters, not least of which being yours truly. Perennial happy-clapper that I am, I'm still dreaming of dodging the play-offs with a top two slot, though I concede it's a long shot.

Our next 6 games are as follows. Can we put ourselves firmly in the hunt or will we find the gap to the top 3 opening up again?

Cheltenham (A)
Bolton (H)
Port Vale (A)
Plymouth (A)
Morecambe (H)
Wycombe (A)

Best guesses as to how many points do we will accrue. I'm thinking 12-14.

Over to you...

9 points

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So Warne has waved his magic wand and won over a good few doubters, not least of which being yours truly. Perennial happy-clapper that I am, I'm still dreaming of dodging the play-offs with a top two slot, though I concede it's a long shot.

Our next 6 games are as follows. Can we put ourselves firmly in the hunt or will we find the gap to the top 3 opening up again?

Cheltenham (A)
Bolton (H)
Port Vale (A)
Plymouth (A)
Morecambe (H)
Wycombe (A)

Best guesses as to how many points do we will accrue. I'm thinking 12-14.

Over to you...

Some tough games there. I will go for 10 points. Three wins and a draw. I hope for more but that wouldn't be  a bad return.  

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Cheltenham (A)
Bolton (H)
Port Vale (A)
Plymouth (A)
Morecambe (H)
Wycombe (A)

• Cheltenham - Win 3pts
  • Bolton - Draw 1 pt.
  • Port Vale - Draw 1 pt.
  • Plymouth - Lose 0 pt.
  • Morecambe - Win 3 pts
  • Wycombe - Win 3 pts
  • Total: 11 pts

3 hours ago, Skin em Ted said:

Cheltenham - Win

Bolton - Draw

Vale - Win (Ref permitting)

Plymouth - Lose

Morecombe - Win

Wycombe - Draw

Total 11 points.

Plymouth away is as tough a game we are likely to have this season. We're probably gonna lose at least one of the next 6, but a victory in Devon would be a real statement of intent.

I say win on all of them.