#2 - Next 6 Games

Comrade 86

Where Will We Finish?  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Not sure why everyone is so negative about Plymouth. Every year they collapse after Christmas

Name me a year this side of the millennium where this hasn’t happened to Derby chasing promotion.

Billy Davies season went from 1st to 3rd

McClaren 2013/14 fell off automatics with 1 win in 7 (with that 2-0 loss at Burnley)

McClaren 2014/15 two wins in last 12 games went from 1st to 8th

Clement got sacked in 2015/16 after 1 win in 7, went from 2nd to 5th

In 2016/17 we started awfully, McClaren came back and we were in the top six then a winless run of 7 games and he was sacked.

2017/18 - We were 2nd under Rowett behind Wolves, big drop off with a 1-4 loss to Sunderland, finished 6th.

2018/19 - Going strong under Lampard, Mount gets injured and we win just one in 9 games after New Year.

If anyone does 2nd half of the season drop offs, it’s Derby.

It's interesting that not one person has voted for mid-table mediocrity. As things currently stand, we're only 3 points ahead of 7th place Wycombe (albeit with a game in hand).

I guess it just goes to show what a good run of form can do for fans' optimism!

59 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

It's interesting that not one person has voted for mid-table mediocrity. As things currently stand, we're only 3 points ahead of 7th place Wycombe (albeit with a game in hand).

Also most people think we will win the play offs . Despite there being three other teams and the fact we are unlikely to be the team finishing third. 

41 minutes ago, admira said:

Next 6 league games have changed now with the Plymouth postponement:

Cheltenham (A)

Bolton  (H)

Port Vale (A)

Morecambe (H)

Wycombe (A)

Lincoln (H)

With our momentum, and quickly dropping the propensity to draw I’m having 100% victories… and I’m sober till Friday so there. 
homer simpson GIF

A few weeks back we were one of the teams in the league with 2nd or 3rd best least goals conceded. Now we have got the best record by none. What we did lack was goals for, which was quite low a few weeks ago. Now we have scored 33 putting us 8th best in goals for. The likes of Plymouth, Ipswich, Sheff Weds, Bolton, Barnsley, Wycombe, Bristol Rovers and Peterboro have all got squads thats been together longer than the Rams. Our squad was assembled approx 2 weeks before the season started. Thats why we are getting into a run, because the team has got better, it's finally tuned and firing in all positions. We are blessed with some good players that came to the club and could be good enough to still be part of a Championship team. We have the advantage of not many players coming in during the January window which won't imbalance the squad. I think this will be in our favour compared to the likes of Plymouth, who have so far signed 5 players. Ipswich have brought in 3, but Sheff Weds so far have brought in none. 

Looking at the next 6 fixtures we have 3 fixtures against teams currently in the top 10. During the same period the 3 teams above us also play 6 league games. Plymouth play Ipswich and Sheff Weds, Sheff Weds also play Ipswich. There's points to be dropped there by possibly all of the 3 teams. If we beat Bolton, Wycombe and Portvale the gap between us and the top 3 will get closer and we will still have a game in hand on 2 of them and 2 in hand over the current leaders. We currently have 22 league games to play, avoid injuries, beat the teams around us, could still mean an automatic position is up for grabs.

On 10/01/2023 at 14:22, Bris Vegas said:

Name me a year this side of the millennium where this hasn’t happened to Derby chasing promotion.

Billy Davies season went from 1st to 3rd

McClaren 2013/14 fell off automatics with 1 win in 7 (with that 2-0 loss at Burnley)

McClaren 2014/15 two wins in last 12 games went from 1st to 8th

Clement got sacked in 2015/16 after 1 win in 7, went from 2nd to 5th

In 2016/17 we started awfully, McClaren came back and we were in the top six then a winless run of 7 games and he was sacked.

2017/18 - We were 2nd under Rowett behind Wolves, big drop off with a 1-4 loss to Sunderland, finished 6th.

2018/19 - Going strong under Lampard, Mount gets injured and we win just one in 9 games after New Year.

If anyone does 2nd half of the season drop offs, it’s Derby.

19/20? 17th and 27 points at half way. Climbed up to 7th with 6 games to go and finished on 64 points.

On 10/01/2023 at 14:49, admira said:

Next 6 league games have changed now with the Plymouth postponement:

Cheltenham (A)

Bolton  (H)

Port Vale (A)

Morecambe (H)

Wycombe (A)

Lincoln (H)

Previously I said:
Cheltenham (A) - Win - 3 points
Bolton (H) Tight win - 3 points
Port Vale (A) - Draw - 1 point
Plymouth (A) - Lose - 0 points
Morecambe (H) - Big win - 3 points
Wycombe (A) - Draw - 1 point

Lincoln (H) - Win - 3 points

14 points from the next 18 for me.

Swapping out Plymouth away for Lincoln at home, I'll add that as a win.

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

Cheltenham a            3pts

Bolton h                      1pts          

Port Vale a                  1pt

Plymouth   a                0 (we will lose at some point)

Morcambe h               3pts 

Wycombe  a               3pts 

------------------------------------

11pts

On 10/01/2023 at 14:31, Scott129 said:

Play offs for me, I think the top 2 will be two from Ipswich, Plymouth and Shef Weds. Final finish for us 4/5th. Its a lot better than I thought at the start of the season.

I hate the play offs, its a Lottery

5 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Play offs for me, I think the top 2 will be two from Ipswich, Plymouth and Shef Weds. Final finish for us 4/5th. Its a lot better than I thought at the start of the season.

I hate the play offs, its a Lottery

Well, it’s an opportunity to show that a team can perform under pressure.

The two tie system should get the best two into the final.

Thereafter, it’s who performs at Wembley in front of a big crowd.

I’d love to think we might be there this year. 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Well, it’s an opportunity to show that a team can perform under pressure.

The two tie system should get the best two into the final.

Thereafter, it’s who performs at Wembley in front of a big crowd.

I’d love to think we might be there this year. 

I think this is the best-equipped team we've had to do well in the play-offs.

Just be really hard to beat - which happens to be what we're good at - and you're in with a chance.

It's interesting to see the next 4 fixtures the top 6 have, starting with Tuesday night Cheltenham V Sheff Weds, Exeter V Barnsley, Ipswich V Morecambe, Bolton V FGR and Derby away to Port Vale. That will see us with only a game in hand over Plymouth, Sheff Weds Ipswich and Bolton with Barnsley still having a game in hand over us and 2 games in hand over the others. Cup weekend sees only Charlton V Bolton, a game the Trotters need to win because by then they will have played the most games on the other top 6 teams. Wednesday the 1st Feb is Oxford V Barnsley, thats putting Barnsley down to only one game in hand over the other rivals but by then played the same as the Rams.

Saturday 4th Feb is Bolton V Cheltenham, Cambridge V Ipswich, Derby V Morecambe, Portsmouth V Barnsley and Sheff Weds V Plymouth. Saturday 11th Feb is Barnsley V Cambridge, Ipswich V Sheff Weds, Peterboro V Bolton, Plymouth V Portsmouth and Wycombe V Derby. Then Tuesday 14th its Bolton V MK Dons, Bristol Rovers V Ipswich, Oxford V Plymouth, Port Vale V Barnsley, Sheff Weds V Morecambe and the Rams at home to Lincoln. 

After playing Lincoln at home we will have one game in hand over Argyle and I think the current 14 point gap will have shrunk. Cheltenham have now lost 4 matches on the bounce (are they due a draw/win on Tuesday night?) Dare I state we could be above Ipswich after these 4 matches (Their 4 games are Morecambe(H), Cambridge(A), Sheff Weds(H),Bristol R(A)). Come away from Port Vale with 3 points and I believe we will close up on at least 2 of the 3 teams above us.

56 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Quick bump on this one. 

Amended schedule as below and maximum points taken from first 2 of 6. In the immortal words of Ted Lasso, BELIEVE! 

Cheltenham - WON

Bolton - WON

Port Vale (A)

Morecambe (H)

Wycombe (A)

Lincoln (H)

Looking at the 2 away games, they could be tricky, but Port Vale have lost 3 of their last 5 league games and Wycombe have lost 2 of their last 5.