#2 - Next 6 Games

Comrade 86

Where Will We Finish?  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

Looking at the 2 away games, they could be tricky, but Port Vale have lost 3 of their last 5 league games and Wycombe have lost 2 of their last 5.

Agree with that but we are in irresistible form right now and were I a neutral, would I lay the odds on us beating those two. Not a chance in hell. Whilst I wax lyrical more than I should, I don't think we've been at our best the last two games and yet we've still been dominant irrespective of the tight scorelines. The biggest threat to our continued success for me is the risk of injuries to key personnel. I don't see a single side in the division we can't beat, though I may be viewing this through my Ram-goggles! 

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Agree with that but we are in irresistible form right now and were I a neutral, would I lay the odds on us beating those two. Not a chance in hell. Whilst I wax lyrical more than I should, I don't think we've been at our best the last two games and yet we've still been dominant irrespective of the tight scorelines. The biggest threat to our continued success for me is the risk of injuries to key personnel. I don't see a single side in the division we can't beat, though I may be viewing this through my Ram-goggles! 

Its the players that we have in our squad that are very good for this league and in some cases, a few could fit into a championship team and not look out of place. As the season unfolded our squad of players have got used to the league, improved as a team and yes playing at our best we would beat any team in this league. May our unbeaten run continue and the likes of the top 3 keep looking over their shoulders. Yes, I also have my Ram-goggles on with my pint of homebrew beer in front of me. COYR

Just enjoy the moment. Stop getting worked up about the next few games & savour our Club right now. It’s lovely & I’m loving it. Today 30k and beat the team in 5th at a canter. United team & fans & no negativity anywhere. Drink it in. It’s so good. Every game I’m looking forward to. Tuesday night and I’ll be at Port Vale. Payback time for them after they fixed the ref at PP. Bring. Them. On. 

1 hour ago, Jram said:

In fairness, wasn’t expecting 9 points from the last 3 games ??

Shame we can’t seem to close too much on this above though

Tbf we win our game in hand then we are 8 points at most behind 2nd. Beat Ipswich, sheff Weds and Plymouth and that’s another 3 off the total. 

We manage that and we only need 5 more points than Plymouth or Sheff Weds and 1 more point than Ipswich if the top two fall away. It doesn’t seem impossible when we’ve won 6 on the bounce

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Time for another bump...

Maximum points taken from first 3 of 6. Morecambe up next ?

Cheltenham - WON

Bolton - WON

Port Vale (A) - WON

Morecambe (H)

Wycombe (A)

Lincoln (H)

Well we couldn’t beat morecambe and lost badly to Lincoln whilst Wycombe away is no pushover - that said I expect us to win every single game Derby play ?

My original prediction was for a total of 11 points and, currently, the only one I've got right is the win vs Cheltenham (3pts).

I had both Bolton & Port Vale as draws (1 pt. each), which are now 3 pts each, with a loss vs Plymouth, which is now N/A.

I have us to beat both Morecambe and Wycombe (3 pts each). So if we have wins against these two, it will be 14 pts and if we only have a draw then I'll be correct with 11 pts!!!

13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Well we couldn’t beat morecambe and lost badly to Lincoln whilst Wycombe away is no pushover - that said I expect us to win every single game Derby play ?

We need to do something to unsettle Wycombe something that goes right to the heart of their club, digging up their newly resurfaced Car park should do it ???

15 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

We need to do something to unsettle Wycombe something that goes right to the heart of their club, digging up their newly resurfaced Car park should do it ???

There's a Richard The Third in their boardroom so we could always claim we were searching for the remains of his victims...