Forest Green Rovers (H) Sat 17th Dec

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

FGR very poor.

Great cameo by Knight (must start in place of Hourihane).

Great performances by McGoldrick, Sibley and.... the referee!

Collins - that was never a penalty, what you moaning about? Soft lad.

Noooo I am almost opposite the 18yd line east stand -  unhindered open view - clear as crystal, heavy purposeful  2 handed shove in his back - stone wall not a single shadow of a doubt. But he was a berk .. ref never going to change his mind, should have shut up and got on with it, he’s experienced enough and we were 2 up - silly card - deserved

Bobble hats and baker boys off to PW today. We were up against modest oppo and on a good slick pitch, so we see less of the long stuff and more moving the ball quickly forwards on the floor. Didnt always work but when it did we played some delightful stuff. And when it didn’t they didn’t have it in their locker to punish us. Nice to see Sibley enjoying the acres he was given and showing what a good football brain he has. Just loved the second goal. Best we’ve scored since the Ravel Morrison team wonder goal last year. Wish we could see Bird more dominant in that sort of game. Still don’t feel he and CH are finding space as they should 

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’m no master tactician but Knight starts for me whatever the formation. I wonder if he’s still got a niggle - or if there’s a move lined up 

I suspect a move - judging by his body language and the way he waved to the South Stand at the end if the match. I hope I’m wrong, because he had a massive impact on the match.

Solid performance but I agree with Warne about the lack of tempo, we allowed them to grow into the game after we opened the scoring.

McGoldrick is too good for the Third Division, I hope that we can keep him.

Sibley was really good, could that be his permanent position?

Cashin, solid as usual. 

Knight has to play in this team regardless of how we’re doing, he showed what he brings to the team once he came on. Swap him for Hourihane v Bolton which will obviously be a tougher game. 

If Warne can get a RB in then we certainly have a side capable of chasing down the top two, it’s going to be a thrilling second half of the season. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Let's not forget a key performance while we're at it. @Diego now unbeaten in 7 match threads.

Lead us home Diego mate! ?

Thanks mate. It’s a team effort. We go again on the 27th. We don’t let this slip now.

image.jpeg.8a0a2d1ad9d0c3c92de5bda984b0e618.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Topram said:

Lot of talk on radio saying how bad they were, I actually thought first half they were decent, definitely not the worst team we’ve played, our class just showed and we killed them off at the end, onto Bolton

We can only get better if we are honest like Paul Warne. I think FGR were the worst team ever to play a League game at Pride Park.

20 minutes ago, Srg said:

Probably the most complete performance of the season. Could’ve been more, only really one lapse in concentration first half. Says something Warne still wasn’t happy at half time. 

Not sure I’d agree it was that good. Yes, it was a comprehensive victory but it was against a poor FGR side. But, you can only beat the team in front of you. 

Obviously McGoldrick was excellent and Cashin had his usual commanding performance, Sibley was very good as was Collins until his booking.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not sure I’d agree it was that good. Yes, it was a comprehensive victory but it was against a poor FGR side. But, you can only beat the team in front of you. 
Obviously McGoldrick was excellent and Cashin had his usual commanding performance, Sibley was very good as was Collins until his booking.

Smith was better than usual (must have heard Warney say he's after a FB!). Fozzy was solid. Bird was everywhere and should have scored that volley - just a bit more confidence. Hourihane was decent as was Barks, NML was good and Collins also should have scored and put in some effort. 

It was Wildsmith wasn't it, he was a bit meh?!

We scored in minutes and created chances easily, not surprised if at times the tempo was placid.

Edited by RoyMac5

41 minutes ago, Topram said:

Lot of talk on radio saying how bad they were, I actually thought first half they were decent, definitely not the worst team we’ve played, our class just showed and we killed them off at the end, onto Bolton

Yep, they tried to play the right way as well.

So many teams play direct and try to kick lumps out of us in this division, it was nice to go head to head with a team that wanted to play football.

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Yep. I dont like how he shouts at everyone as if he never mucks up. He seems one of those people that are lovely until they start playing their sport

He actually makes me laugh. He had a proper whine at Didzy having first strayed offside, then missed from 5 yards despite the ball being laser guided onto his head. he does seem a great lad to be fair, just one who has to play with his eyes popping out of his head. He must be horrible to play against and in a team that's often been a bit soft at the centre, I kinda welcome one or two of his ilk. He does need a goal or two though. Bit snatchy recently.