Burton Albion (A) (Sat 10th Dec 2022, 2pm KO)

That game was there for us to win i think. We just sat back and tried to soak up the pressure until it told. Yes Dobbin could and should have wrapped the game up and we had some chances via low crosses into the box but once again it was far from inspiring. The substitutions were nothing short of odd and change in shape didn't have the effect we wanted. Yes we always struggle at Burton but this was 2 points thrown away

I think we are lacking in CM and CF

Bringing Knight in alongside Bird would help us in the centre of midfield. I would have thought of Knight as a Warne style player, but maybe there’s something going on in the background transfer-wise.

I also don’t think we can play Collins and McG together. It’s all a bit one paced, both have good attributes but it’s probably one or the other with Osula for me until we can get someone in.

Very poor. Didn’t even deserve the one point we got in my opinion. Burton looked so much more dangerous going forward, and we were oh so wasteful against the worst back line in the division. I’d honestly consider sending Dobbin back, cost us the game today and we cannot carry players who are that poor in front of goal. His age is an excuse - Osula is the same age and buries that, 100%. So poor.

But hey, we’ve got the league one Guardiola, with his incredible 4 league wins since taking charge. Such a great appointment, don’t know how I could ever doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I think we are lacking in CM and CF

Bringing Knight in alongside Bird would help us in the centre of midfield. I would have thought of Knight as a Warne style player, but maybe there’s something going on in the background transfer-wise.

I also don’t think we can play Collins and McG together. It’s all a bit one paced, both have good attributes but it’s probably one or the other with Osula for me until we can get someone in.

Even if we sold Knight we can’t use the money to buy anyone ?

I wonder how many times Warne is going to try to force this awful 3 at the back system before he realises this squad isn't suited to it. The game was crying out for another midfielder to calm things down, get a foot on the ball and stop the crosses but instead we just let Burton carry on pumping balls into the box. Poor game management.

Well guys derby were good ih first half but went off the boil in the 2nd half we could not keep hold off the ball I am please with Collins goal but defence Dobbin he should hit it hard and low past the keeper or around them for a tap in. but we are now 11 games unbeaten only 1 point out of play offs but temporary 5th for short period of time.

17 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That's becoming an excuse now, 20 games in and we're still underperforming at times, The one get out is...our play/tactics have changed, Players win you games, Managers set the team up, If players fail to score when in good positions then the Manager will at some point look else where, The manager brings Davies on...a little confused here...why, Injury or just game time, Warne it would appear has the hots for Davies...imo he's a busted flush now.

The lack of pre-season prep is an excuse that needs to be put to bed now but the fact that LR effectively had to get players signed (with no budget) very quickly is still a valid point. Under normal circumstances, I think both LR and PW would have signed different players. It doesn’t matter if we’ve played 2 games or 20 games. Both LR and PW have had to make do with what they could get/have got.