Burton Albion (A) (Sat 10th Dec 2022, 2pm KO)

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

I want to see decent football with our players passing the ball to their own team not hitting a ball in hope.  His history tells us that he signs players to go up because of their style, but not to survive in the Championship.

To be fair to PW, he has never had the budget to build a competitive Championship side when it has got in there.

There are plenty of sides in the Championship who play like PW wants to. Sheffield utd got promoted to prem like it.

3 hours ago, bcnram said:

When I hear his best buddy and assistant suggesting we should be willing to lose possession it fills me with horror in what we will have to endure. 

Interesting how different people interpret the same statement differently, I was falling asleep watching the incessant pointless passing in our own half under Cocu and Rosenior because they were too scared to lose possession as that's what was drilled into them, keep possession at all costs, so no one was willing to take risks..... whereas the statement above to me means make a pass thru the lines, make that killer ball to the edge of the area, play the diagonal ball behind their full back for your wide player to get onto it,  knowing that sometimes you will lose possession, but when it comes off you create opportunities! 

On 10/12/2022 at 19:22, Crewton said:

I hate to tell you this, but we drew at Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Morecambe too. 

Credit to the Brewers for their performance, but a draw at the Pirelli is poor result for Derby County, and the same has to be said for the other opposition that you mention. Unfortunately that's where we are as a team at the moment. If we continue to be unable to turn those results around, we will probably end the season outside the play offs. Next season will need to be better, as Mr Clowes no doubt has high expectations of Warne and his coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

Credit to the Brewers for their performance, but a draw at the Pirelli is poor result for Derby County, and the same has to be said for the other opposition that you mention. Unfortunately that's where we are as a team at the moment. If we continue to be unable to turn those results around, we will probably end the season outside the play offs. Next season will need to be better, as Mr Clowes no doubt has high expectations of Warne and his coaching staff. 

Well, we're level on points with 6th and have 3 of our next 4 fixtures at home, so I'd say we're as well placed as I'd hoped for at the start of the season. There's everything to play for. 

Give Burton there dues they deserved the point to be fair.

However its another game that as got away from us when three points were there for the taking,Dobbin clean through on goal and never looked like scoring springs to mind,think we need NML and Barks on the flanks and give him a rest

6 points from our next 2 home games is a bare minimum for me,no more hard look we played well and should of done better remarks are starting to be a bit cringe worthy,but we are were we are and still unbeaten for a good while we just need to take a bit more care in front of goal

13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We have not been winning games basically because we have been missing fairly easy chances in most of those games we didn’t win but drew in - score them and it’s a different situation completely 

Exactly this. While I would like to see us retaining the ball better, especially when we are winning, we had some excellent opportunities to seal the win with a 2nd or 3rd goal. I am unsure how we put this right because we can’t pay transfer fees at the minute. Putting the ball in the net is the hardest thing in football, ask Harry Kane!

The good thing is that we are creating more and better chances under Warne, I always thought chances created under LR were more like half chances due to the amount of time opponents were given to regroup defensively.

17 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The beauty of the situation though is that you do not have to endure it.

You are free to go and find another team that plays this wonderful brand of football that you wish to watch.

Good luck finding one in League One that is made up of academy products and free signings.

this strikes me as a slightly silly response. Of course people aren't going to stop supporting derby county because of the poor style of play and supporting teams is less of a choice than many imagine. But, I've not been overly impressed with how we've gone about games since Warne has come in. I think long term this appointment won't work out. He probably will get us out of this division but i just can't see him working in the championship with us. I tend to think we panicked in replacing Rosenior and for some reason decided to hire someone antithetical to our footballing philosophy not just under Rosenior but under most of our previous managers going back a decade. I'm stumped by the appointment and think we've been pretty underwhelming since he's taken over. 

We should have won the game first half. Regardless of that we should not have lost control of the game second half. We have to ask why the team, Bird and Hourihane in particular, are not good enough to control the game. Not sure what can be done transfer wise to sort it out but surely if we had Bielek on it would have helped.

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

this strikes me as a slightly silly response. Of course people aren't going to stop supporting derby county because of the poor style of play and supporting teams is less of a choice than many imagine. But, I've not been overly impressed with how we've gone about games since Warne has come in. I think long term this appointment won't work out. He probably will get us out of this division but i just can't see him working in the championship with us. I tend to think we panicked in replacing Rosenior and for some reason decided to hire someone antithetical to our footballing philosophy not just under Rosenior but under most of our previous managers going back a decade. I'm stumped by the appointment and think we've been pretty underwhelming since he's taken over. 

Nobody is forced to 'endure' it though.

If you don't enjoy it don't go.

Times are hard and cash is sparse.

Don't waste your hard earned doing something you don't enjoy.

I carry on going no matter what because taking the rough with the smooth is one of the best parts of football for me.

The highs are much higher when you've had to 'endure' the lows.

Just my opinion. 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I carry on going no matter what because taking the rough with the smooth is one of the best parts of football for me.

Just my opinion. 

The phrase "taking the rough with the smooth" implies a 50/50 split between rough and smooth. So stick around kid, we are in for one hell of a lot of smooth! Way Hay!!!

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just my opinion. 

For many following a football club is an emotional bond entwined with duty simply saying 'don't go' doesn't really encapsulate what the club means to so many who follow it. I'm surprised it's a point that has to be made after last season. You can endure the lows but that doesn't mean people can't criticise what is happening on the field atm.

Won't say much about the crowd and segregation etc. I detest them with every bone in my body and am relieved that they still haven't beaten us at home in a competitive game. I accept that we don't have a historic rivalry but they seem in complete denial that it is a local Derby(Google Maps will tell them the Pride Park is closer to the Pirelli than it is to the City Ground) and I thought that they were fairly quiet yesterday as they don't want to seem too enthusiastic for fear of appearing bothered. They seem to go to great lengths to show that it's just another match when we all know deep down that they hate the fact they can't beat us at the Pirelli.

Fortunate for them we had Mel as pretty sure it would have been a huge 2 games where we hadn't won at the Pirelli as we would never have played them again, As it is they can have the 3rd and final one to give his side some relevancy for the week.  Hopefully his faux hate keeps him warm in the 4th tier next season as they glide back to oblivion.     We might treat them to a Bass Vase trophy match in a few years if we can be arsed. 

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Won't say much about the crowd and segregation etc. I detest them with every bone in my body and am relieved that they still haven't beaten us at home in a competitive game. I accept that we don't have a historic rivalry but they seem in complete denial that it is a local Derby(Google Maps will tell them the Pride Park is closer to the Pirelli than it is to the City Ground) and I thought that they were fairly quiet yesterday as they don't want to seem too enthusiastic for fear of appearing bothered. They seem to go to great lengths to show that it's just another match when we all know deep down that they hate the fact they can't beat us at the Pirelli.

Fortunate for them we had Mel as pretty sure it would have been a huge 2 games where we hadn't won at the Pirelli as we would never have played them again, As it is they can have the 3rd and final one to give his side some relevancy for the week.  Hopefully his faux hate keeps him warm in the 4th tier next season as they glide back to oblivion.     We might treat them to a Bass Vase trophy match in a few years if we can be arsed. 

Get in the queue behind Leicester and Stoke  in the list of clubs that think they’re relevant to us.

They need to understand that being "local" doesn't make it a rivalry. We didn't have much of a rivalry with Forest until Clough went there. It was the bad feeling arising from that that made our games with them feistier. "The A38 derby" is like the phrase "Midlands derby" - just a label the media use to try to make a fixture sound more interesting than it is to most fans. Not even results in occasional meetings will change that.

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

They need to understand that being "local" doesn't make it a rivalry. We didn't have much of a rivalry with Forest until Clough went there. It was the bad feeling arising from that that made our games with them feistier. "The A38 derby" is like the phrase "Midlands derby" - just a label the media use to try to make a fixture sound more interesting than it is to most fans. Not even results in occasional meetings will change that.

Their true rivals are Matlock Town and I don’t think it will be too long before they will be playing each other again regularly 

22 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

Give Burton there dues they deserved the point to be fair.

However its another game that as got away from us when three points were there for the taking,Dobbin clean through on goal and never looked like scoring springs to mind,think we need NML and Barks on the flanks and give him a rest

6 points from our next 2 home games is a bare minimum for me,no more hard look we played well and should of done better remarks are starting to be a bit cringe worthy,but we are were we are and still unbeaten for a good while we just need to take a bit more care in front of goal

How many points for your bare maximum? 9? 13?

24 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Their true rivals are Matlock Town and I don’t think it will be too long before they will be playing each other again regularly 

I'd have probably said Tamworth or Leek tbh, but yes, that's their traditional level.