Newport County (A) FACR2 Sun 27th Nov

I don’t normally like having a pop but would Radio Derby be better with neutrals rather than fans?

Ed Dawes describing Sibley as “out of his depth” first half? He’s a #10 playing almost as far out of position as possible.

Gibson and Dawes making a point out if Hourihane and Cashin arguing… it’s football? I had an argument with my mate tonight at 6-a-side, it’s not that deep. 

Hammering the players for the first half and reckoning they needed a kick up the arse… change of shape nothing to do with that?

It’s all a bit, England mid 00’s “ThEy NeEd To TrY hArDeR”

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

I don’t normally like having a pop but would Radio Derby be better with neutrals rather than fans?

Ed Dawes describing Sibley as “out of his depth” first half? He’s a #10 playing almost as far out of position as possible.

Gibson and Dawes making a point out if Hourihane and Cashin arguing… it’s football? I had an argument with my mate tonight at 6-a-side, it’s not that deep. 

Hammering the players for the first half and reckoning they needed a kick up the arse… change of shape nothing to do with that?

It’s all a bit, England mid 00’s “ThEy NeEd To TrY hArDeR”

It would just be better with different a commentator, and summariser. Not been good for a long time. 

Just got in from work and managed to avoid the result all night....thankfully the Mrs recorded it for me.

First half was a total slog but a transformation for the second...the hard work and graft finally paying off with two moments of excellence from sibbers,my man if the match...he was brilliant tonight.

I think the starting lineup was all about containment in what was always likely to be a competitive atmosphere with the underdogs going all out to upset higher opposition. The midfield is not creative and the supposed playmaker Hourihane was not finding teammates. Collins was in for his energy, not his skill and McGoldrick had no one who understood his game.

Much like the Torquay game, success came when we introduced pace. Not only that, we released passes far quicker and actually got bodies in the box.

We are two different teams. The slow, steady one that is dull and unproductive and the seat of your pants quick passing side with skill and pace that cuts teams apart, albeit at risk should moves break down.

I can’t understand why the former seems to start each game because we never look like scoring and the team don’t look like they are enjoying themselves.

I think Collins should come on to shore things up if we’re winning. He’s not the sort of player who offers much goal threat. McGoldrick looks far better when he had players with pace and attacking intent around him.

Ed Dawes, mr knowall is pathetic, will not listen to radio Derby while this child does the commentry, he certainly spoils the game, he jumped on the band waggon when Rooney miss managed Sibley with is public humiliation of the lad, LR again continued along the same lines giving him only bit parts, the lad is only an attacking player proved again start playing attacking football, which gives Sibley space and he his a skillfull player and a joy to watch, noticed how mature he was all game especially second half when he was allowed to play to his strengths, he needs to play every game in an attacking role.

Sibley should be the first name on the team sheet, and the team should be built around him and his stengths, and every fan should support this lad for we have a real gem in Louie Sibley.

Rooney did wonders for Derby in our administration but in Sibley for whatever the reason, maybe a personality conflict between them, he totally got it wrong, thankfully we still have a skillfull player on our books for now!

Let's not rewrite history. The first half was appalling, only Wildsmith came out with any credit. The worst two were Cashin and Sibley closely followed by most of the others. 

Second half was a big improvement and both Cashin and Sibley improved hugely. I don't agree with the excuse of playing  out of position either . Basic skills of control, passing, crossing and shielding the ball don't change. 

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Let's not rewrite history. The first half was appalling, only Wildsmith came out with any credit. The worst two were Cashin and Sibley closely followed by most of the others. 

Second half was a big improvement and both Cashin and Sibley improved hugely. I don't agree with the excuse of playing  out of position either . Basic skills of control, passing, crossing and shielding the ball don't change. 

Who is re-writing history? How? 

10 hours ago, Srg said:

It would just be better with different a commentator, and summariser. Not been good for a long time. 

So don't try watching it on ITV then. The commentator was just awful, but was whole dimensions better than his sidekick summariser (Siobahn Chamberlain - ex-England keeper apparently). Everything she said just made it obvious she had done next to zero research on either the teams or the players and was limited to just inane stating the obvious comments that any seven year old could have mustered.