Newport County (A) FACR2 Sun 27th Nov

When we've done over-analysing how many Derby players were at fault for the Newport goal, can we work out who was at fault for Didzy's header, please.

That should take another couple of pages!

I'm not quite sure what would happen if everyone on both sides played a perfect game? Would every match end 0-0 or 11-11? 

I think our very makeshift defence is doing a pretty good job overall. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

When we've done over-analysing how many Derby players were at fault for the Newport goal, can we work out who was at fault for Didzy's header, please.

That should take another couple of pages!

I'm not quite sure what would happen if everyone on both sides played a perfect game? Would every match end 0-0 or 11-11? 

I think our very makeshift defence is doing a pretty good job overall. 

It's a forum, Angie, that's what it's for!

Was great to see you yesterday. 

On 29/11/2022 at 09:27, BaaLocks said:

I won't mention the name but friend of a friend is one of the old stock commentators - he is white, male, middle aged and basically very aware he is considered a dinosaur. No consideration of how good he is at his job, or how good the person sitting next to him is. He's just seen as yesterday's news. 

BTW - this is completely not about female commentators and summarisers. The male commentator on Sunday was just as bad - he'd got himself his fifteen facts and then spent the whole game trying to shoe horn them in to the action. Made you realise just how skilled people like Motty were. Also, there are great examples of summarisers from all genders - I still think Alex Scott is pretty good, Laura Georges (the French defender) is excellent - but from the other angle Fara Williams is just awful, shocking, criminally bad. That said, so is Clinton Morrison so it cuts all ways.

The problem with media companies falling over themselves attempting to satisfy the 'diversity' agenda, they fail to implement what should be the most important criteria in any business:  Employ the most suitably able and qualified applicant for the job.

Obviously the world of professional  football / sport  is probably the least likely to get it right and no doubt they will forever continue practicing nepotism and a 'job for the boys/girls' policy.