Torquay (H) FACR1 (Replay) Tues 15th Nov 2022

35 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

£11 or £6 for tkts, a fraction of the cost to go to an away game, and I'm not convinced the 'cost of living crisis' is as bad as made out,  look at the away support for us.... so hard to get tkts.

I've tried getting 2 lots of concert tkts for next yr but sold out before I had an opportunity despite being online from the second they became available! And they are not cheap...

The cost of living crisis is terrible for some, fine for others, unnoticeable for a few.  Depends how much you have.

Not just tickets - I live 60 miles away.  £40 with parking minimum before match ticket.  I go by myself, but family of four that would be £84.  All circumstances.

I personally think they should bite the bullet on games like this, as there was no notice and just open whole ground giving free entry to ST holders.  I might have made the journey, and whilst the losses on ticket sales would be big, they would make good sales at the bar.  If we could treble the crowd, you'd only need a very small amount of purchases to beat TS revenue. 

It's the business model of Ryanair. 

Edited by CBX1985

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Loach

Oduroh     Stearman     Rooney    Forsyth    Roberts

Thompson     Bird/Smith     Aghatise

McGoldrick       Osula

I think this is the best we can offer at the moment while still resting a few...

I'd rest McGoldrick, too.

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

If you live in the Derby area, it's a cheap night out. You don't have to buy food or drink at the ground, just your transport costs and match ticket. It's the only home game in November ffs. The players deserve a half-decent crowd to back them. 

It's almost as if it's the getting blind drunk is more important than watching a game of football for some. If the 'awayday' experience isn't part of the offer, there's less interest.

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's almost as if it's the getting blind drunk is more important than watching a game of football for some. If the 'awayday' experience isn't part of the offer, there's less interest.

TBF, I wouldn't particularly blame anyone who'd been to all 4 away fixtures this month) and who's intending to go to Portsmouth and Newport if we get through) for skipping this, but for local fans who haven't travelled so much it's a bit of "real, live" football before the World Cup gets underway and the Advent calendars come out. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I recall Oldham away too long ago now, wasn’t ‘blind drunk’ but had sank a few. Didn’t remember a damned thing about the game. Striking a balance is the key! 

From BBC TV Guide:

"Derby County v Torquay United (Kick-off 7.45pm). All the action from the second-round replay at Pride Park. Derby took a 2-0 lead over the National League strugglers at Plainmoor, but the Gulls found a way back into the game when Eiran Cashin was sent off for pulling back Will Goodwin in the box, with Asa Harford converting the resulting penalty and Goodwin equalising in stoppage time"

Didn't realise a 72-year old ex-West Brom player bagged the penalty. 

Had some time on my hands this morning (yes she’s gone to bingo ?) so did some adding up for Torquay replay.

Available tickets for home fans, 6,625.

South stand 2,989.

East stand 3,636

Tickets sold 4,311

South stand 1,480

East stand 2,831

Away fans tickets sold 466

Away fans tickets go off sale at 2 o’clock this afternoon so unlikely to sell many more

Probably looking at a crowd of about 6,000.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Saturday, Tuesday, Friday. 

It's not a lot of chance of a rest. Friday is as big of a game as we have had in a long time too, a chance to take points off a top 6 rival and establish our position. 

I don't envy Warne, that's for sure. 

I think it makes the decision easy: You pick your eleven for Friday, and you try to pick someone else in every position tomorrow. 

We should beat Torquay like that, and if we don't we don't.

I did laugh when I saw the comments from Gary Johnson and Torquay players after the first game talking about playing infront of a 27,000 crowd. It's inevitable these days I suppose, but I still think it's a bit sad that even the club know it's a competition the fans don't care about anymore if the opposition aren't a glamour club.

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Whose this total f****** whopper

He probably isn't aware that he's injured, but they seem to have a high opinion of Knight.

Most Irish fans expect him to move to a Premier League club after the end of his contract. I personally feel like he's more likely to get a move to a Stoke, Middlesbrough, West Brom - a Championship club with a decent sized backer in the board room.