Torquay (H) FACR1 (Replay) Tues 15th Nov 2022

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He probably isn't aware that he's injured, but they seem to have a high opinion of Knight.

Most Irish fans expect him to move to a Premier League club after the end of his contract. I personally feel like he's more likely to get a move to a Stoke, Middlesbrough, West Brom - a Championship club with a decent sized backer in the board room. 

I wouldn't describe the Boro-Backer as "A decent size".
Even including the curly-perm to his height, he's still a short-arsed little runt!   ?

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He probably isn't aware that he's injured, but they seem to have a high opinion of Knight.

Most Irish fans expect him to move to a Premier League club after the end of his contract. I personally feel like he's more likely to get a move to a Stoke, Middlesbrough, West Brom - a Championship club with a decent sized backer in the board room. 

He's been man of the match in there last 3 internationals.  Sadly, we didn't make best use of him in his natural position from the get go this season.  If we had, I'd expect we'd have a fair few more points and seen better from Hourihane.  As it is, with no advancement with contract talks noted since September, I expect he will move on in January.  Won't begrudge it as he was pretty much the only one true to his word after last seasons end of season exodus and hasn't moaned or used dodgy employment law to force a move or gone on holiday to Amsterdam via Udinese to get a move. 

17 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

We'll do well to get anywhere near 10k and I am not sure there are even that many tickets available for sale in the east and south stands. Think it will be around 5-6k.

Can 6,000 of us stand there singing “Derby are Massive”? Oh well if we got Spurs away in the 3rd round 10k would want to go??‍♂️

35 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Can 6,000 of us stand there singing “Derby are Massive”? Oh well if we got Spurs away in the 3rd round 10k would want to go??‍♂️

If Torquay drew Truro City away and had a home replay with a few days notice, the same dynamic would play out.

You can pack the place to the rafters for a match against someone greatly ahead of you, but no one wants to watch you play an inferior level side.  It is the flaw of cup competition.  

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I still have my ticket stub from the Newport game in December 1984 does that count ?

I still have my share in DCFC, provided in lieu of a season ticket cup game refund and which, until made worthless by the Co-op, would get me priority booking of important games.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's been man of the match in there last 3 internationals.  Sadly, we didn't make best use of him in his natural position from the get go this season.  If we had, I'd expect we'd have a fair few more points and seen better from Hourihane.  As it is, with no advancement with contract talks noted since September, I expect he will move on in January.  Won't begrudge it as he was pretty much the only one true to his word after last seasons end of season exodus and hasn't moaned or used dodgy employment law to force a move or gone on holiday to Amsterdam via Udinese to get a move. 

I sat on a table next to him and his agent in a restaurant a few weeks ago. I didn’t hear everything thing but “November”, “Norwich” and “West Brom” were all used in the same sentence. Make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from the Torquay forum regards Saturdays 5-1 home defeat against Chesterfield.

Open your eyes people, Torquay United are in a serious relegation battle because of one man, Gary Johnson. I expect the owner to sack Johnson after the Derby game next Tuesday.

……………no pressure there then!??

Their local paper seem to think that playing in front of a crowd 20,000 should lift Torquay. Think they might be in for a shock! Quick tot up shows we have sold about 6K plus whatever Torquay bring (500?).

14 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Their local paper seem to think that playing in front of a crowd 20,000 should lift Torquay. Think they might be in for a shock! Quick tot up shows we have sold about 6K plus whatever Torquay bring (500?).

Yes, saw that …….pinched from Devon live.

Now Torquay have to pick themselves up for that FA Cup replay - but in front of maybe more than 20,000 fans at Pride Park on Tuesday night, the players should certainly be up for it, however many games they have played in the last month.

……………..?

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's played his best football at right back this season, in my opinion. In either position, he's been underwhelming - 1 assist in 8 games from RB and still hasn't registered a goal or assist from centre midfield (or any other advanced position) yet. 

Not really the impact any of us thought he would have, but that goes for a few players. A big improvement needed. 

I'm not sure he will move on in January as we're due compensation anyway, plus we can't spend the money. It would have to be worth it financially, and arguably his underwhelming performances this season (and I would also say last season) has created a small pool for him. You would think he would be around the £15-20k mark when looking at a new contract and not many Championship teams probably would be willing to spend that - Stoke, Middlesbrough, West Brom & Norwich are the four that come to mind. The first three in particular, but Ipswich may also come to the table if they get promoted. I'm not sure.