Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Don't be ridiculous. Are you twelve? They aren't even the worst derby team this century

Have we been much lower than this?

I wasn’t alive the last time we were in the third division. I’ve seen some pretty poor Derby teams, but when taking into account the quality on the pitch now and current league position, has it really been worse than this?

We can point to the 11-point team and the first George Burley side who only just stayed up in the Championship. But both were better than our current side. 

I’m not even complaining. Just accepting. 

11 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

It’s a gift from the ref in my opinion. Some absolutely shocking decisions during that second half, and didn’t give Derby anything in that last 10. I don’t think he gave anything against Jarvis all game and he was their main culprit. 

For those complaining about the performance, look at the conditions, those expecting passes and keep ball aren’t ever gonna get in those conditions  today. 

Essentially I thought we were pretty professional and looked good, the sending off is a poor decision and changes the game completely when they also have the wind behind them. 

It is what it is and I don’t want to go really OTT about our performance because the game was always going to be that, especially with our lack of depth. We should be clear by half time yes, but it is what it is.

Really. I thought Torquay looked pretty neat and tidy passing the ball.

Paul Warne “we overcomplicated things going forward”. Christ, if kick and chase is complicated, I’d hate to see what these players are actually capable of understanding. 

The man is an ostrich. I wasn’t a huge fan of Rosenior but I’d take him every day of the week over this guy.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I wasn’t alive the last time we were in the third division. I’ve seen some pretty poor Derby teams, but when taking into account the quality on the pitch now and current league position, has it really been worse than this?

We can point to the 11-point team and the first George Burley side who only just stayed up in the Championship. But both were better than our current side. 

That’s the point, 84-85 season we finished 7th in the third division with 70 points. It’s currently our lowest ever finish. 

Anything lower than that will confirm this as the worst side in the club’s history. It’s probably trending in that direction. Not a criticism, just as  observation on where we are in relation to where this club has been. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Paul Warne “we overcomplicated things going forward”. Christ, if kick and chase is complicated, I’d hate to see what these players are actually capable of understanding. 

The man is an ostrich. I wasn’t a huge fan of Rosenior but I’d take him every day of the week over this guy.

Did we go forward?

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We were very poor in the  early eighties until Arthur cox was appointed 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They played well, closed us down and put us under pressure, and put the ball into our box lots.

I know I watched the game but my point still stands 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If Dobbin could head the ball or NML didn’t get in the box and mess it up we could of been 0-3 at half time not exactly his fault they can’t score easy chances 

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think our team from 2 seasons ago that narrowly avoided relegation from the Championship was much worse than this team. We were really bad that season. 

Edited by SecretDave

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’d be surprised if this team doesn’t finish in our lowest ever position, therefore the worst team in our history? How else could you quantify it?

Just because something happened before you became a fan doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

We won't finish in our lowest ever position so I'll use my eyes and my knowledge of football to make a judgement, and I've watched quite a few worse Rams teams than this current one in my 50+ years of watching.