Questions for our saviour Mr. David Clowes

IslandExile

Is there any planned meetings between our owner, guardian and saviour with the supporters groups?

If so, there are so many questions that I am sure many would like to ask, particularly about the plans for the future of the club.

So, to get started, my questions would focus on the manager. Nope, I hope this doesn't become yet another Rosenior versus Warne thread; I would just like to better understand Clowes' thinking and whether promotion is a short term goal or the bigger picture involves restructuring of the entire football club, no matter how long that takes. So...

1. Was it not possible to appoint Warne during the summer so that he could assemble the squad that he would have wanted?
  2. Did Warne assure him that he could work with the current squad or is he expecting a lot of trading during upcoming transfer windows? (And follow up: how frustrating would that be?).
  3. Does he and Warne put much emphasis on the Academy, including recruitment of young talent and Category 1 status?
  4. Was the aim promotion this season or, given Warne's 4 year contract, the bigger picture is the Derby County rebuild with promotion as and when it happens?
  5. Are targets - e.g. regarding league position, academy graduates breaking into the first team - being set?
  6. Onto more general things: over what timescales does he see himself as the owner? Having been reluctant in the first instance, would he be looking to sell? Soon? In the Championship? In the Premier League?
  7. Given Warne's title is Head Coach rather than Manager, will the club be appointing a Director of Football to oversee transfers, playing strategies etc?

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Is there any planned meetings between our owner, guardian and saviour with the supporters groups?

If so, there are so many questions that I am sure many would like to ask, particularly about the plans for the future of the club.

So, to get started, my questions would focus on the manager. Nope, I hope this doesn't become yet another Rosenior versus Warne thread; I would just like to better understand Clowes' thinking and whether promotion is a short term goal or the bigger picture involves restructuring of the entire football club, no matter how long that takes. So...

1. Was it not possible to appoint Warne during the summer so that he could assemble the squad that he would have wanted?
  2. Did Warne assure him that he could work with the current squad or is he expecting a lot of trading during upcoming transfer windows? (And follow up: how frustrating would that be?).
  3. Does he and Warne put much emphasis on the Academy, including recruitment of young talent and Category 1 status?
  4. Was the aim promotion this season or, given Warne's 4 year contract, the bigger picture is the Derby County rebuild with promotion as and when it happens?
  5. Are targets - e.g. regarding league position, academy graduates breaking into the first team - being set?
  6. Onto more general things: over what timescales does he see himself as the owner? Having been reluctant in the first instance, would he be looking to sell? Soon? In the Championship? In the Premier League?
  7. Given Warne's title is Head Coach rather than Manager, will the club be appointing a Director of Football to oversee transfers, playing strategies etc?

1. We wouldn't have had time to approach a manager employed by another club and also get a squad together. Also he probably didn't know who he wanted at that stage. 

1. Was it not possible to appoint Warne during the summer so that he could assemble the squad that he would have wanted? No

2.Did Warne assure him that he could work with the current squad or is he expecting a lot of trading during upcoming transfer windows? (And follow up: how frustrating would that be?). Yes, and second, 'a few new faces'

3. Does he and Warne put much emphasis on the Academy, including recruitment of young talent and Category 1 status? Yes

4. Was the aim promotion this season or, given Warne's 4 year contract, the bigger picture is the Derby County rebuild with promotion as and when it happens? Rebuild stability

5. Are targets - e.g. regarding league position, academy graduates breaking into the first team - being set? Yes

6.Onto more general things: over what timescales does he see himself as the owner? Having been reluctant in the first instance, would he be looking to sell? Soon? In the Championship? In the Premier League? Impossible to tell

7. Given Warne's title is Head Coach rather than Manager, will the club be appointing a Director of Football to oversee transfers, playing strategies etc? No.

40 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Very pertinent questions that need answering IMO as it shouldn’t be a closed shop for the Charter Group meetings which involve certain groups only. 
I think the fans should be kept informed especially after what has happened regarding administration etc 

The minutes from the last meeting of the Supporters Charter Group were published on here and elsewhere within 12 hours of the meeting. Nothing was held back. They included the answers to questions 6 and 7 above.

That meeting was held the day after Warne was appointed.

The minutes of the previous meeting were also on here and the club has stated in those that they wish to reinstate fan forums as soon as they can.

I'd imagine it's on an extremely long list of things they have to do.

I am puzzled how Taribo know the answers to questions that I suspect the club themselves don't fully know yet. Perhaps he is David Clowes? 

The SCG is only a closed shop in as much the people attending are representing many different constituencies. You are all open to joining RamsTrust, Punjabi Rams, the official supporters clubs, Black and White Together, Rams Heritage etc if you want to feed into the process. If you're from a group that isn't represented, ask the club how to get involved.

Or do you expect that any individual can just to tip up on the day and fire away? I think that's a great idea and I can't see where it might go wrong.

In fact, I think Rishi should suggest that for the Houses of Parliament! 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

The minutes from the last meeting of the Supporters Charter Group were published on here and elsewhere within 12 hours of the meeting. Nothing was held back. They included the answers to questions 6 and 7 above.

That meeting was held the day after Warne was appointed.

The minutes of the previous meeting were also on here and the club has stated in those that they wish to reinstate fan forums as soon as they can.

I'd imagine it's on an extremely long list of things they have to do.

I am puzzled how Taribo know the answers to questions that I suspect the club themselves don't fully know yet. Perhaps he is David Clowes? 

The SCG is only a closed shop in as much the people attending are representing many different constituencies. You are all open to joining RamsTrust, Punjabi Rams, the official supporters clubs, Black and White Together, Rams Heritage etc if you want to feed into the process. If you're from a group that isn't represented, ask the club how to get involved.

Or do you expect that any individual can just to tip up on the day and fire away? I think that's a great idea and I can't see where it might go wrong.

In fact, I think Rishi should suggest that for the Houses of Parliament! 

No I think David Clowes should talk to the press that’s all.

I do appreciate efforts from fan groups and attendees of the Charter Meetings to inform people but that doesn’t get widely read even though it’s published.

I believe you attended the last one for DCFCFANS   ie this forum and you did report on it as did Punjabi Rams etc.

Open and honest is what we need .

Why was Rosenior replaced !

45 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I do appreciate efforts from fan groups and attendees of the Charter Meetings to inform people but that doesn’t get widely read even though it’s published.

I believe you attended the last one for DCFCFANS   ie this forum and you did report on it as did Punjabi Rams etc.

Angie represented RamsTrust at the last meeting, we no longer have a representative on the SCG.

41 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I hope we hardly ever hear from him in the press.  I think we’ve had enough from an owner talking to the media.  I’d rather he just went about his business in private and delivers a long-term sustainable plan.

As fans, we won’t like every decision, as we’re seeing with the manager debates.  That’s no different to working for a company.  But we’re all emotionally invested in a football club from when we were kids, which makes us want answers, even though we may never get them.

I think DC alluded to an answer for LR leaving at the last forum.  @angieram will know better than me - I find most people do - but he said something along the lines of they owed LR a duty of care to protect his managerial career.  An interesting statement and not one you hear when a manager leaves a club.  Maybe they felt that LR had been affected by the last couple of years, and who wouldn’t be?  Maybe they felt a fresh start might do him good in the long-term?  We’ll never know, but I’m sure it wasn’t a decision taken likely and, in DC’s view, the best for the long-term.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Ok sorry my mistake 

Also, the SCG meetings are an EFL requirement, talking to the press isn’t. 

Clubs are required to meet with a representative group of supporters at least twice a season to discuss significant issues relating to the club. 

https://www.efl.com/supporters/supporters-charter/consultation--supporter-engagement/

In general you very rarely hear from owners in the press, so if you have questions, get involved, join a supporters club and voice your concerns and ask questions through them.

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

Totally agree, wish P W wouldnt be in the media so much as well. Just keep quiet and get on with the job.

He’s literally been in the media as much as any other manager up and down the country is required to do. No more and no less.

Pre and post match press conferences and then interviews with in-house media and radio/television.

I don’t get the accusations being thrown his way that he talks too much. Fans complain if a manager is a dullard with no personality or if he’s got a quirky personality who comes out with one liners here and now. He can’t win!  

4 hours ago, Taribo said:

1. Was it not possible to appoint Warne during the summer so that he could assemble the squad that he would have wanted? No

2.Did Warne assure him that he could work with the current squad or is he expecting a lot of trading during upcoming transfer windows? (And follow up: how frustrating would that be?). Yes, and second, 'a few new faces'

3. Does he and Warne put much emphasis on the Academy, including recruitment of young talent and Category 1 status? Yes

4. Was the aim promotion this season or, given Warne's 4 year contract, the bigger picture is the Derby County rebuild with promotion as and when it happens? Rebuild stability

5. Are targets - e.g. regarding league position, academy graduates breaking into the first team - being set? Yes

6.Onto more general things: over what timescales does he see himself as the owner? Having been reluctant in the first instance, would he be looking to sell? Soon? In the Championship? In the Premier League? Impossible to tell

7. Given Warne's title is Head Coach rather than Manager, will the club be appointing a Director of Football to oversee transfers, playing strategies etc? No.

@Taribo giving very definite answers here.

Has @IslandExile just outed our owner's username?

14 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

He’s literally been in the media as much as any other manager up and down the country is required to do. No more and no less.

Pre and post match press conferences and then interviews with in-house media and radio/television.

I don’t get the accusations being thrown his way that he talks too much. Fans complain if a manager is a dullard with no personality or if he’s got a quirky personality who comes out with one liners here and now. He can’t win!  

But if got things to say about players dont you think he should say it to them privately not on the radio, thats what i meant. At the end of the day we have all got our opinions, thats life and football is like everything else, youve got to take the good and bad.

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

But if got things to say about players dont you think he should say it to them privately not on the radio, thats what i meant. At the end of the day we have all got our opinions, thats life and football is like everything else, youve got to take the good and bad.

You’d have hated Sir Brian.