January Window

1of4

16 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I suspect the best bit of business we will be able to do in January is move Bielek on and remove the financial liability we have related to him £25k a week wages and several million outstanding in transfer fees to Arsenal. 

Not many free agents around in January to sign up!

Plenty under contract that clubs don’t want though similar to the Collins one - if clubs and player come to a mutual agreement to cancel contract and sign one with us - lower down the the transfer market is changing 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Plenty under contract that clubs don’t want though similar to the Collins one - if clubs and player come to a mutual agreement to cancel contract and sign one with us - lower down the the transfer market is changing 

That's an interesting thing nowadays, some clubs happy to cancel a contract by mutual consent and allow players to go on a free and thus save the wages cost which could well be substantial. (£10k per week = £500k ish) Makes you wonder if more players will be on shorter contracts in the lower leagues going forward.

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

That's an interesting thing nowadays, some clubs happy to cancel a contract by mutual consent and allow players to go on a free and thus save the wages cost which could well be substantial. (£10k per week = £500k ish) Makes you wonder if more players will be on shorter contracts in the lower leagues going forward.

Covid particularly has ignited a reset that was probably coming anyway - just happened a bit faster. Championship clubs without parachute money won’t be paying that many 7 figure sums and wages, outside a handful of clubs, I suspect will be much more realistic. 

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Out of intetest, if Bielik is sold, does that get rid of all liability to pay Arsenal any money owed? Or does it mean if say we got 4m and owe them 6m we can pay 4m off and just owe them 2m

I thought the owed footballing creditors we’re paid off as part of the takeover / exiting administration 

ie arsenal have had their monies

i may be totally wrong 

On 22/11/2022 at 17:27, Simmo’s left foot said:

I suspect the best bit of business we will be able to do in January is move Bielek on and remove the financial liability we have related to him £25k a week wages and several million outstanding in transfer fees to Arsenal. 

Not many free agents around in January to sign up!

Acutely we only owe arsenal 4m mate.