Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

Just now, Jubbs said:

Honestly? At the moment I don't even want to see another year.

Yer your original post said you couldn't stand another 3.5 years of Warne being in charge.

You don't know that he'll be here at the end of his contract same as anyone else does.

The worst thing he did was get us on that unbeaten run across the end of last year.  fans went from being happy to compete and see the club alive kicking to expecting promotion.  

Looks a long way off now, don’t have much confidence that he can right things this season.  

Needs an overhaul in the close season, get rid of the footballers and get some more direct players in that suit what he wants us to do.  

who knows if that’s the right way to go, but in Clowes I trust.

7 minutes ago, SuffolkRam said:

The worst thing he did was get us on that unbeaten run across the end of last year.  fans went from being happy to compete and see the club alive kicking to expecting promotion.  

Looks a long way off now, don’t have much confidence that he can right things this season.  

Needs an overhaul in the close season, get rid of the footballers and get some more direct players in that suit what he wants us to do.  

So Clowes got rid of an interim manager and replaced them with a manager with a pedigree of getting promoted from League 1. 

Pretty revolutionary step huh. 

Yer that's still not enough for some folks on here.

And all their criticisms of Warne are in fact a criticism by proxy of Clowes whom ultimately hired the guy.

Words fail me. 

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So Clowes got rid of an interim manager and replaced them with a manager with a pedigree of getting promoted from League 1. 

And all their criticisms of Warne are in fact a criticism by proxy of Clowes whom ultimately hired the guy.

Words fail me. 

Mark my words - if we're struggling in 5 years time (in whatever division) there will be fans wanting Clowes out. Football fans are the most fickle people.

As far as I'm concerned as long as DC doesn't asset strip us and run us into the ground he can have the red carpet treatment for life and the freedom of Derby.

5 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Mark my words - if we're struggling in 5 years time (in whatever division) there will be fans wanting Clowes out. Football fans are the most fickle people.

As far as I'm concerned as long as DC doesn't asset strip us and run us into the ground he can have the red carpet treatment for life and the freedom of Derby.

Why? If we're going nowhere why should the fans be happy?

1 hour ago, SuffolkRam said:

It was always going to need overhaul in thr close season whoever was in charge

that squad was put together in a two week window pre start of the season and about 5 minutes after we found out we still had a club.

might add to lets not forget no matter what dans thought of the players we brought in they we’re whats left of the window .. ie the ones no one else wanted 

we go again this closed season, while still massively hamstrung by restrictions somehow we’re still in a much better position than we we’re this time last year 

patience rams fans .. patience

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Warne's not the man to take us forward. 

Why the hell did he change our tactics in the second half, going back to the archaic hoof ball rather than the quick passing football we played in the first half? I just know he couldn't bear the fact we were playing decent football along the floor in the first and wanted to go back to hoofing it every third pass.

Normally the second half's under Warne, he gets outfought tactically by the opposition manager, but not today. MK Dons didn't even do anything to stop us playing like we did in the first half in the second, Warne just decided to go back to his god awful tactics of hoof ball. Then our "Plan B" is pass to Mendez-Laing and cross. It doesn't work. 

I was actually really pleased with the first half and was hoping we'd turned a corner in terms of tactics, but that second half made that hope disappear quickly.

Then you have his neglect of the academy which is a discussion for another day. 

If the last 3 months are anything to go by we're in for a long, boring 3 and a half years of shocking football.

This……….

Complete and utter tripe!! Every word.

I’m not too big on statistics overall, but I have been looking at transfermarkt tonight which isn’t up to date after today but I think it helps show the picture. A lack of goals from defenders, our home grown talents haven’t positively contributed enough in a league you would hope they could dominate, not enough goals or assists from the wide players including NML. It’s stuff we already know I guess but I think it shows the issue as stark as possible

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby-county/leistungsdaten/verein/22/reldata/GB3%262022/plus/1

2 hours ago, SuffolkRam said:

Serious question Suffolk...how many do you think we need as in player wise for next season in League1 as this is where I expect us to be, 12+ as we need a bigger squad than this season

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Words fail me. 

Come on that’s complete and utter tripe.

Clowes got the appointment of Warne wrong. That doesn’t mean that I don’t still appreciate everything that he’s done for this football club, and continues to do. Everyone makes mistakes, I just feel bad for Clowes that despite working so hard to build a team capable of promotion (which was incredibly difficult), his manager has failed to deliver it.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Clowes got the appointment of Warne wrong. That doesn’t mean that I don’t still appreciate everything that he’s done for this football club, and continues to do. Everyone makes mistakes, I just feel bad for Clowes that despite working so hard to build a team capable of promotion (which was incredibly difficult), his manager has failed to deliver it.

I understand you don’t think Warne is the right appointment. You’ve also stated elsewhere he has a “small club” mentality. What type of manager do you think Clowes should have appointed? Maybe give some names of managers that fit the type you would have appointed?

Was great last year everyone sticking together, get those that say you can’t always say “least we’ve got a club” yeah I get that but people have to understand the effect it’s had on the club, building from the very start again, we’ve got a good core squad but they’re all either kids or OAPs Warne needs time and his own players that are actually in there prime. 

2 hours ago, SuffolkRam said:

Hmm, agree but don't.

The worst thing was not anything he has done himself really.

Rather what set expectations was the reaction of people to what had happened, the long list of justifications as to why it was 100% definitely the right change to make (in many ways very true but a hell of a lot of hyperbole) followed by further declarations following his first few results of what an impact he'd made. The most successful League One manager of all time etc. 

(apparently having 20+ shots at home to f****** MK Dons and not winning is so much more excusable than however many shots against Shrewsbury (or whoever). Hey whatever, this isn't about Rosenior)

It was the reaction to a good run largely against the worst teams in league one presented as proof of his credentials in comparison to some of our best ever managers and the condescension on display against anyone with a critical view.

It's, on the back of a good run, childishly calling out posters who have their reservations and pretending they've been proven wrong, and then saying it's not fair to judge the manager on the back of some poor form.

If there hadn't been such a fuss made about the positives (and such negative connotations applied to others in the process) there would be a lot more harmony about our current position.

Edited by Kokosnuss

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The season hasn’t finished yet and Warne has been in charge for less than a season under financial restrictions. What were you expecting 🤔