Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

One genuine concern about Warne is that he may not really have that much history / experience of bringing youth talent through, though it may not prove to be a problem in the short term.

That's just based on one bit in the podcast everyone's listening to though tbh, not fully researched.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Blondest Goat said:

The problem with Rowettball is watching your team sit back and let say a team like Morcombe dominate possession whilst you hope to score against them on the counter.  Given the resources of the two clubs most would find that approach unacceptable.  I definitely would irrespective of the results.

At least under Rosenior we dominated possession and took the game to the opposition, albeit often painfully slowly.

At least with Rosenior-ball, you could see what needed to improve to turn it into good football (bit more movement, bit more tempo, bit more clinical in front of goal, bit more care with final balls etc).  At least the intent to play good football was there, and the improvements needed were relatively minor IMO.  Rowett-ball will always be terrible to watch, it’s terrible by design.

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

At least with Rosenior-ball, you could see what needed to improve to turn it into good football (bit more movement, bit more tempo, bit more clinical in front of goal, bit more care with final balls etc).  At least the intent to play good football was there, and the improvements needed were relatively minor IMO.  Rowett-ball will always be terrible to watch, it’s terrible by design.

And Rowettball isn't very often successful.  We were never going up that season.  The football was terrible to watch and noone seriously thought we would get promoted.  

It's fair enough to adopt that style when you are one of the minnows in the league with limited resources. We weren't in that position.  We had thrown money at it left right and centre.

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just watched this, Curtis sounds positive about the appointment and it’s good that Warne has made the effort to speak to him and set the expectations for this season and beyond. Slightly disappointed that Curtis wasn’t told by the club before hearing the news from Shaun Barker, however it sort of sounds circumstantial as Rosenior tried to call Davies and he couldn’t answer. ? 

Just on the four year deal. It is so negative so far. Maybe we needed to offer the four years to lure Warne down to a lower league. Maybe Clowes sees it as if he does really well and gets us promoted this year and again does well next then he is protecting the club from him being poached for pennies. DC may see him as the man to change the fortunes of the club.  I see it as a real positive appointment. Respectful to LR but, I think he is too media trained and all round goodie two shoes. I like little more bite and aggression that Warne will bring. 

We are on the up. Thanks David Clowes. 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just watched this, Curtis sounds positive about the appointment and it’s good that Warne has made the effort to speak to him and set the expectations for this season and beyond. Slightly disappointed that Curtis wasn’t told by the club before hearing the news from Shaun Barker, however it sort of sounds circumstantial as Rosenior tried to call Davies and he couldn’t answer. ? 

More pertinent why is Barker 'breaking' the news before anyone else?

15 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The women from Port Vale demonstrated some of the ignorance that must still be circulating: "Derby have spent a lot of money during the summer". She doesn't realise that couldn't be further from the truth.

2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

We'll obviously your not bothered in anyone elses opinions only your own. But here goes. He was at a tiny club with a tiny stadium and no budget,how can he compete when most teams in the championship have probably triple their budget, at least. You'd only give 4 year contracts to someone who has a successful track record at different clubs and leagues....good luck with that, unfortunately peps not available yet but I have it on good authority he's on DC's speed dial just in case. Jesus.

I’m absolutely fine with other peoples opinions but as a ST holder I’m entitled to my own opinion too, and I don’t think Warne is the right choice. I will support my club through thick and thin as I always have but I’m bitterly disappointed with this - not saying LR was the answer either but neither is hoofball and that is what Warne brings to the table.

Edited by Jayram

10 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I’m absolutely fine with other peoples opinions but as a ST holder I’m entitled to my own opinion too, and I don’t think Warne is the right choice. I will support my club through thick and thin as I always have but I’m bitterly disappointed with this - not saying LR was the answer either but neither is hoofball and that is what Warne brings to the table.

As long as your happy ?

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

More pertinent why is Barker 'breaking' the news before anyone else?

He wasn't. The players were already aware that Liam Rosenior was not going to be the next manager because he had texted them all with that information. Curtis Davies had missed a call from Rosenior who was going to tell the captain directly. Shaun Barker, who I think played with Warne at Rotherham before Barker joined Blackpool, then passed a message to the captain that that Warne wanted to speak to him and they then had a phone conversation. Seems all amicable and above board to me:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-davies-warne-rosenior-7622332

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Let's be honest, none of us know how Warne will use the squad he has available so to continually post that it's going to be akin to the football served up by Rowett is complete guesswork. If he's as good a coach as some have suggested then he is likely to be able to adapt to a system that gets the best out of the players available.

I was disappointed LR wasn't given more time but once the decision was made to appoint Warne I've quite warned to the change.

1 minute ago, Brailsford Ram said:

He wasn't. The players were already aware that Liam Rosenior was not going to be the next manager because he had texted them all with that information. Curtis Davies had missed a call from Rosenior who was going to tell the captain directly. Shaun Barker, who I think played with Warne at Rotherham before Barker joined Blackpool, then passed a message to the captain that that Warne wanted to speak to him and they then had a phone conversation. Seems all amicable and above board to me:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-davies-warne-rosenior-7622332

That's just a write up of that 5Live video I posted:

"I was going into the shops with my daughters and the manager or shall I say, Liam, rang me," he said. "I thought I am paying for something so I'll get out of the shop and ring him back. By the time I went to call him back, he'd messaged the lads and just said 'Thanks for all your efforts guys but I won't be your manager'. There was obviously a nice heartfelt message from him saying that he wasn't going to be given the job.

"At the time, I had no idea who it was going to be. As the captain, I contacted Stephen Pearce, the CEO, and just asked if we could get a conversation just so I can fill in my team-mates and kind of have an idea of what is going on. Before Stephen came back to me, I got a text from Shaun Barker, a former team-mate of Paul Warne, who told me that the gaffer wanted to speak to me..."

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Let's be honest, none of us know how Warne will use the squad he has available so to continually post that it's going to be akin to the football served up by Rowett is complete guesswork. If he's as good a coach as some have suggested then he is likely to be able to adapt to a system that gets the best out of the players available.

I was disappointed LR wasn't given more time but once the decision was made to appoint Warne I've quite warned to the change.

I see what you did there ?

23 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Being controversial…

Who cares who the manager is? They come and go anyway these days.  I think most would take Orvill the green duck if we won lots of games and gets us promoted.

I cheer the team, not the dude of the day on the touchline..

Point of order Mr Chairman: Orvill was yellow!*

* for those viewers watching in black & white Orvill Is yellow. 

3F2EA49C-1536-4CB7-8492-18EC14B89CA3.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Point of order Mr Chairman: Orvill was yellow!*

* for those viewers watching in black & white Orvill Is yellow. 

3F2EA49C-1536-4CB7-8492-18EC14B89CA3.jpeg

I would prefer if our manager/coach  didn’t wear a nappy but if Orvill can get us some away wins than I’m willing to overlook the nappy?

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's just a write up of that 5Live video I posted:

"I was going into the shops with my daughters and the manager or shall I say, Liam, rang me," he said. "I thought I am paying for something so I'll get out of the shop and ring him back. By the time I went to call him back, he'd messaged the lads and just said 'Thanks for all your efforts guys but I won't be your manager'. There was obviously a nice heartfelt message from him saying that he wasn't going to be given the job.

"At the time, I had no idea who it was going to be. As the captain, I contacted Stephen Pearce, the CEO, and just asked if we could get a conversation just so I can fill in my team-mates and kind of have an idea of what is going on. Before Stephen came back to me, I got a text from Shaun Barker, a former team-mate of Paul Warne, who told me that the gaffer wanted to speak to me..."

That sounds like the players and LR knew a decision would be made in this international break