Lincoln v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Poor. Very poor.

Bird and Hourihane shouldn't be in the same team together. Smith offers more in the same position.

Knight needs to be played further forward with Oduroh at RB. 

Hard to judge Collins as a goalscorer when we create so little but he's clearly a level beneath Kazim and just looks cumbersome and clumsy.

When fit for me it’s Smith and Hourihane in midfield. bird isn’t progressive enough. 

1 hour ago, SK47 said:

He belongs in a 442 formation because he's not a target man and couldn't dribble In his underpants never mind with a ball around a defender, so it's difficult to see how he fits in as the focal point of attack.

...It's early days but we need continuity sharpish.

It might be early days but then we should be set up for that. We're not.

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I'm not sure it is about performance though. I think it's about something more fundamental. Shape, style of play, and tactics seem to be ill-matched. This will be the fourth away game in the League and we have yet to score a goal. Add to that, we haven't exactly been banging them in at home. Every game we have played has been a right royal battle...4 games away without scoring, that's 6 hours without scoring.  

By the way we haven't failed to score at home all season. And in 4 home games in the league we've scored 7 goals. 3 games with 2 goals and only the opening day where we only scored once. Peterborough at home in particular was littered with chances and should have been a full-on pasting.

It's easy to point to these nebulous things like "tactics" and "shape" and then never have to follow up with what you're going on about or if you even know what you're talking about. You can just say "nah, tactics are wrong, shape is wrong". Reminds me of when people used to say "we're missing passion"

I'd like to know exactly what you think is wrong.

Have we been short of opportunities? No.

Have we lost possession too often? No, our possession stats are always sky high.

Have we defended poorly? Yeah, I'd say so in spells but we've conceded 8 goals in 8, which includes conceding 3 in one game at home to Plymouth.

There's nothing wrong with the instructions to my eyes. Nothing wrong with what we've tried to do with the ball, or our shape without the ball. We just seem to play with an remarkable amount of fear for the talent that we have. I think we're suffering from what many of us thought we might and that's that we are a target, and every game is the opposition's cup final. That's what makes away games so difficult is that pressure cooker that leads to mistakes. That's the "royal battle" you're referring to.

I'll absolutely agree that the buck stops with the boss and he has to do something to get it right, but this is what you call a lapse in form - don't tell me you've been watching football this long and never seen one before - which has happened because when we were playing well we didn't finish off the teams in front of us and now we're crippled by second-guessing. It was clear to see when we nearly threw away the two goal cushion vs Peterborough, and then when we did spectacularly vs Plymouth.

You don't get a two goal cushion to throw away if your tactics and shape are wrong. You don't get to get that far. Think about it

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

How many games have we played ? 3 points off the top 6. People calling for LR to go. Honeymoon period of celebrating having a team to support didn’t last long ☹️

This away form is depressing. Not acceptable. Don’t know whether LR is the answer. I would be happy to give him more time, the squad may be on the thin side but we should be doing better away from home- not scored a goal yet. It’s worrying and we won’t be staying close to top 6 for long. 

6 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

I truly hope that the entitled bunch on here, at some point, understand that transitioning from a club staring in to the abyss to one competing at the top of a division may, you know, take a bit of time?

Grow up , you going to say that in 20 years too? It's irrelevant wether the club were staring into the abyss because the players that are getting paid to carry out their line of work are not doing it properly and weren't staring into the abyss as they would of just gone elswhere ,  if a company survived liquidation tomorrow then the following week employees weren't doing their job properly they would probably be sacked as its an important time to get things back on track , football should be no different they should be doing better end of

3 minutes ago, StevenageRam said:

I thought it was bad enough away from home last season, surely it couldn't get any worse.......How wrong was I. This is just not good enough. I know we are still trying to rebuild but we should definitely be doing better than this

Our away form is awful. When was the last time we won away. On the upside I may get a chance of an away ticket now

Didn't understand that at all.

Faffing around at the back as usual but almost no attempt to play through midfield pivot so ended up just going long diagonals (after obligatory faffing) to players who can't win headers.

If we're going long then you have to play Fozzy as he's the only one who wins headers.....or Curtis in last minute desperation mode

People need to give their head a wobble if you're calling for Rosenior's head already. It's SO EARLY in the season. We were poor tonight, yes. But, we were also shafted with 3 decisions that, if they were the other way around, would not have been given. Penalty was soft and the 2 offsides were clearly onside. 

Just now, Jubbs said:

People need to give their head a wobble if you're calling for Rosenior's head already. It's SO EARLY in the season. We were poor tonight, yes. But, we were also shafted with 3 decisions that, if they were the other way around, would not have been given. Penalty was soft and the 2 offsides were clearly onside. 

Can’t blame the Ref every week mate.. 

I have been staying off there backs because of last year but by the looks of this we need to give them a big wake up..