Our Queen

angieram

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

It’s been a good send off. Better than anything I’ll get.

To be fair she's set a high pass mark. Watching it on a foreign channel as well and the commentators are just amazed at the spectacle.

What amazes me is how something so big, so complex can be executed so well, it is impressively perfect and then there are so many things that other countries do reasonably well and just don't work here 

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

To be fair she's set a high pass mark. Watching it on a foreign channel as well and the commentators are just amazed at the spectacle.

What amazes me is how something so big, so complex can be executed so well, it is impressively perfect and then there are so many things that other countries do reasonably well and just don't work here 

No body does pomp and ceremony like the British, the trick is to just hit the right amount of pomp and ceremony and carry it out to perfection ?

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

Flawless. And with the whole world watching.

Well done to everyone involved for the send off. The removal of the sceptre, orb and crown had so much finality about it. It brings home the continuity of this all, as the artefacts of royalty are passed on.

And very pleased they changed the route out to Windsor, not going by motorway so those who wanted to could line the route.

The second Elizabethan Age is over.

I think the formal services were beautiful, moving and suitably regal. 

Grand but understated at the same time, it's something we seem to do very well.

@David, we probably need a reminder that we agreed this one thread was to be a celebration of Elizabeth's life. The rest of the Forum seems to be a freeway for scoring political points, surely that's enough? 

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think the formal services were beautiful, moving and suitably regal. 

Grand but understated at the same time, it's something we seem to do very well.

@David, we probably need a reminder that we agreed this one thread was to be a celebration of Elizabeth's life. The rest of the Forum seems to be a freeway for scoring political points, surely that's enough? 

To be fair, its also in the same section of the forum as the 'Freedom of Speech' thread and its good to let posters to show themselves in their true light...

Not everyone has to have the same view.

Service was excellent.

What I found extremely sad was that Asda West Bridgford which is a superstore was shut all day but opened at 5.

I drove past about quarter past 5 and the carpark was virtually full.

Like folks didn't have enough notice about today to avoid there being a queue to get in the door at opening to buy a loaf of bread.