Rate the Transfer Business

Day

Rate the Transfer Business  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the grand scheme of things, it would be very difficult to rate it less than a 10, given where we were not too long ago.

But take all of the outside factors away and I'd personally give it an 8.

I would have liked a RB and perhaps another wide forward, and maybe not so many 30+ year olds. But that's me being very picky.

A solid 8.

Started off really well with some smashing signings for League One.  Fell away a bit towards the end, LR himself said he wanted 3 or 4 more signings which I assumed to mean key first teamers, not the younger loanees we ended up with.  2 or 3 more good signings and we'd have a real shot at the top 2, as it is I think top 6 if we're consistent and stay clear of injuries.  

I guess it boils down to what the aims were for this season - if it was to rebuild and stabilize, lay the groundwork for next season, then its job done 10/10 given the starting point.  If it was to have a crack at the top 2 then imho I think we fell a couple short - I'm not complaining, just giving an honest assessment, although I have known to be wrong.  Frequently ? Hopefully we'll be in a strong position by Christmas and able to bring in any players to keep pushing.

In the confines of what we were able to do, pretty much perfect.

Given we can only offer two year deals there’s little point shopping in markets for slightly younger players as you end up in a sticky spot in a years time. So I guess the objective had to be to add as much first team ready quality as possible which we did. Hard to imagine we could have had a chance at some of the players brought in.

Could never have imagined keeping Bird, Knight and Sibley was possible either.

I voted nine, would have been 10 if we'd have managed a better striker and right back option. 

But really that's nitpicking. It's incredible where we've managed to get to from where we were. Huge credit to the owner, manager, and wider team.

Yes, they could turn out to be terrible over the course of a season. But in terms of pedigree, skills, attitude and balance it couldn't look much better right now. 

The transition back to a stable championship squad will not be easy and the young loanees may play a large part in that if some become permanent. We have some interesting prospects there 

We were bound to be reliant on signing senior free agents, but we’ve managed to find a good balance between youth and experience imo 

Nine out of ten for me, as you always want something to strive for. One of the key things is who we've retained. As @IslandExilementioned in the signings thread, keeping Bird, Cashin, Knight and Sibley will be massive. At this point we've also "kept" Bielik. Though of course the EFL keeps us massively hamstrung, next season as well, and I've not kept up with whose contracts are running out when.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

Anybody who votes less than 7 (and that’s pretty low) should give their head a serious wobble (I note at this early stage, there are no head wobblers! Long may it continue)

If someone wobbled their head, what happens? I've always wondered.

Is this a saying that only people from Derby use?

As for transfers. I've gone for 8. We worked wonders in the early part of the window.

I can't help but think we need a couple more and Right Back was an absolute must.

9. Dropped a point for not getting a right back.

But we have realistically worked wonders under restrictions to get a competitive squad together in a short time.

Most importantly, we've kept bird. Sibley and knight.

We also appear to have a squad who've bought into what we're doing, including players who could probably have gone to the championship.

Couldn't really ask for much more under the circumstances.