Rate the Transfer Business

Day

Rate the Transfer Business  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interesting reading the comments about ageing players, and about keeping hold of Knight, Sibley and Bird: I read somewhere this week (possibly in the Louie Sibley thread), that Rosenior had deliberately brought in some older players to act as role models fir our youngsters, and that was why Louie has stepped up a level or two this year.

If so it confirms that Rosenior is a wise cookie, because he deliberately targeted some of our signings because either he had already worked with them, or because they had played with some of the other signings, meaning that it would take less time fir the team to gel!

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Interesting reading the comments about ageing players, and about keeping hold of Knight, Sibley and Bird: I read somewhere this week (possibly in the Louie Sibley thread), that Rosenior had deliberately brought in some older players to act as role models fir our youngsters, and that was why Louie has stepped up a level or two this year.

If so it confirms that Rosenior is a wise cookie, because he deliberately targeted some of our signings because either he had already worked with them, or because they had played with some of the other signings, meaning that it would take less time fir the team to gel!

Yes, he also implied that Sibley hadn't got that sort of role model last season, which tells us all we need to know about Tom Lawrence and Ravel Morrison.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

9. Dropped a point for not getting a right back.

But we have realistically worked wonders under restrictions to get a competitive squad together in a short time.

Most importantly, we've kept bird. Sibley and knight.

We also appear to have a squad who've bought into what we're doing, including players who could probably have gone to the championship.

Couldn't really ask for much more under the circumstances.

Exactly what I was going to say!

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Yes, he also implied that Sibley hadn't got that sort of role model last season, which tells us all we need to know about Tom Lawrence and Ravel Morrison.

I think we already knew that about both of them, I love Ravel and how he finally found his feet, and I've no doubt he has grown up from what he was.

But... its hard to have underachieved as much as he has and still be taken seriously as a role model.. He's at best a lesson in how to not let it go to your head. 

Same with Lawrence, I didn't want him to leave, or was one of those anti him. But its hard to look upto a drink driver, that potentially on another day could have killed someone.

Sibley was probably more grown up than both of them ?

And onto the window

At least

I think with what's gone on, a 9 or 10 were probably unachievable, but the squad we have assembled should be challenging for promotion. 

They get a pass this season because of how late it came together, and the time it takes to gel as a team. But with our budget (even with restrictions), we should be at least in the playoffs. We are defo in the top 6 biggest clubs and turnover

10 for me. We have got a right back - two in fact.  Knighty is doing really well in that position (and who would we drop if he went into midfield?) and I really like what I've seen of Kwaku so far - he's inexperienced but if he continues to develop he'll do really well if called upon.  Good balance between the two of them.

And the quality of what we've been able to bring in is fantastic, even more so considering the financial limitations.  I've enjoyed watching them all play and seeing their characters.  Even better though is what we've kept - we knew the likes of Ebiowe and festy were going to go, but to have persuaded Cashin and co to stay given the off field problems and the time it took to do the deal, plus Rooney going in the middle of it, has been nothing short of miraculous. I don't think we should underestimate our own role in that, as well as praising all the recruiters.

I'm not sure that one window is enough - we probably need at least another one to grow tougher and better still and unfortunately our better players will come under pressure in January from bigger chequebooks elsewhere - but this one has been as good as it possibly could have been and therefore scores top marks

50 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

10 for me. We have got a right back - two in fact.  Knighty is doing really well in that position (and who would we drop if he went into midfield?) and I really like what I've seen of Kwaku so far - he's inexperienced but if he continues to develop he'll do really well if called upon.  Good balance between the two of them.

And the quality of what we've been able to bring in is fantastic, even more so considering the financial limitations.  I've enjoyed watching them all play and seeing their characters.  Even better though is what we've kept - we knew the likes of Ebiowe and festy were going to go, but to have persuaded Cashin and co to stay given the off field problems and the time it took to do the deal, plus Rooney going in the middle of it, has been nothing short of miraculous. I don't think we should underestimate our own role in that, as well as praising all the recruiters.

I'm not sure that one window is enough - we probably need at least another one to grow tougher and better still and unfortunately our better players will come under pressure in January from bigger chequebooks elsewhere - but this one has been as good as it possibly could have been and therefore scores top marks

Bird.  I've never got the excitement.  Tidy but fairly anonymous.  Bring him on to close the game up once the damage is done. 

Hard to criticise too much based on what we had at the start, which was essentially bugger all. 

I think we could have done with some more players in the 23-28 age bracket but they’re not easy to come by on free transfers or loans either, so it’s no surprise we struggled for them. 

Keeping some of those we had was just as important though, but now we really need to get contracts signed with those so should we fail on promotion we can at least demand something closer to value. 

Could’ve gone with another right back, I’d have liked 1 more wing option and Orsula will determine whether the striking department was good recruitment or not. But as I said, to just get where we are and with the start we have had (at home) then we have to be pretty pleased. 

19 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Anyone owning up to the 4? I scored it 8 so more than happy, would have been higher had we managed to get an experienced RB to give LR the option of using JK in midfield but that might yet happen depending who's available and out of contract.

My money would be on one of the numerous supporters from other clubs making a futile point.