Joseph Anang signed on season long loan

Caerphilly Ram

2 minutes ago, Magicman said:

We don't need a third keeper but we do need a RB & striker 

Presume he's comimg as our 2nd choice keeper...so one injury (or loss of form) away from being a very important regular starter?

Don't see how it stops us filing those 2 spaces. Recruitment had been massively improved looking at the first few games which in the circumstances is amazing....maybe just give them the benefit of the doubt?

5 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Scott Loach signed as third keeper with coaching aspirations,  he said as much himself in his first interview.  He has been on the bench so far out of necessity.  As other posters have already pointed out,  Foulkes is young and will benefit from a loan.  We need a second keeper to provide both cover and competition for Wildsmith.  It's not that difficult to understand.  The fact that we also need a rb and striker is irrelevant to this signing. 

10 hours ago, Magicman said:

We do need a third  keeper .. in fact from what I hear on this forum he will be no2 which is what we need, hopefully someone to challenge Wildsmith. We also need others as well I agree with that bit. I suppose only concern is using up allocation of loanees, but still a couple left at least I think.   

10 hours ago, Magicman said:

And? Does signing a keeper mean we won’t be signing a right back and striker? Has anybody said anything to that effect? Not as far as I’ve seen, so you’re basically having a little whinge for the sake of having a little whinge. What is the point?

Why don’t you wait until the end of the transfer window before making judgements as to whether signing a third keeper was a mistake or not? 

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/tim-clancy-reveals-st-pats-pushed-into-a-corner-over-release-of-on-loan-goalkeeper-joseph-anang-41911114.html

Anang - who signed a loan deal with the Saints from West Ham at the start of the season and went on to play 30 games, keeping 12 clean sheets - sealed his move to Derby County on Sunday evening, after attending the Rams' win over Barnsley on Saturday.

St Patrick’s Athletic seem disappointed to have lost talented Anang, should be good for us.

5 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Me too, he came across a likeable guy who is excited to be here.

I suppose given the crowds he will be playing in front of it’s going to be a huge change for him. What do St Patrick’s get as a regular attendance I wonder ? 

5 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Me too, he came across a likeable guy who is excited to be here.

Questions/answers got a little bit repetitive, but he's clearly chuffed to be here.

He obviously was trying to articulate how shocked/excited he was, so nice touch to give him a question that gave him chance to be respectful to St Pats.

Might be genius move, may barely play...but we have rolled the dice so fingers crossed.